Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Superman & Lois - The CW - US Pace - (**Spoilers**)

• 01-09-2020 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭

Teaser as part of the CWverse trailer.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I've utterly overdosed on the CW's brand of superheroes but I'd have enough appetite to see how they adapt Supes himself. Especially how they avoid simply being a retread of Supergirl's main plots and themes. They're both about hope, love and so on. And given how unavoidable it is to think of "Louis and Clark" from the 90s, hopefully it won't be a glorified soapooera either (it's CW so some that is kinda inevitable)

• Registered Users Posts: 84,828 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Starts in February.

image001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Teaser as part of the CWverse trailer.

superdad?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hadn't realised the family would involve teenage sons. Given this is the CW, there's a significant non zero chance those children will be insufferable with overwrought melodrama and angst.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Hadn't realised the family would involve teenage sons. Given this is the CW, there's a significant non zero chance those children will be insufferable with overwrought melodrama and angst.

With the ultimate Daddy issues.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

You know something, this could work, having another baddie of the week type superhero show would just get lost but having a bit of family drama thrown in could help, Black Lightening wasn't bad in that respect.

Clareman wrote: »
    You know something, this could work, having another baddie of the week type superhero show would just get lost but having a bit of family drama thrown in could help, Black Lightening wasn't bad in that respect.

Perhaps but teenage daughter clichés are a lot less angst ridden or riddled with "smell the fart" acting than the teenage son clichés, and American scriptwriting is addicted to "I hate dad" tropes; I don't expect this to by any different. Will hope to be disproved of course.

Starts February 23th with a 90 minute episode followed by a 30 minute special Superman & Lois: Legacy of Hope.

• Advertisement

God I love the Arrowverse mindless fun, digger is set to appear in all 5 shows this year I wonder if it’s build up to his own show?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,524 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

That's a great trailer. Has be interested. I will say do I think the title is terrible. I think Lois and Superman might have worked better.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

The absence of any real beats with the teenagers still makes me worry the CW angst will be off the charts. Lois does mention they have anxiety so ... Hrrmmm. Still a good trailer mind, feels less hokey and cheap than the other Arrowverse stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,838 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

im guessing it wont be "fun" :pac: , lots of melodrama and talking about feelings? notmylois# , I'd give it a chance but CW shows dont tend to be must watch

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fs-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com%2Foriginals%2F85%2Fb3%2F2a%2F85b32aaae68a330e6474bb795cc751bd.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

V

Superman-Lois-1.jpg

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Hot take: "adventures of Lois & Clark" was utter rubbish, and only fondly remembered because of the total poverty of superhero TV/films back then. That and any burgeoning hormones that got Terri Hatcher more noticed :pac:

The CW verse is generally considered a fun, fluffy universe so I wouldn't be too worried about a lack of lightness. Only Arrow & Black Lightning I'd say play it mostly straight with occasional jokes, while The Flash, Legends of Tomrrow and Supergirl very much slanted into the goofy, fun adventure column, with occasional melodrama. 'tis the CW way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭larchielads

Thats got serious snyder, man of steel vibes,not your usual Disney channel feel. Think this one could be for the grown ups,looks grittier and more intense

CW teen melodrama written all over it.

Which one of the sons is going to be gay?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

23rd February air date not too far away

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Doom Guy is the villain?

Guessing the kids didn't inherit the powers. Or are they adopted?

• Advertisement

Honestly, my first thought was "which one turns out to have powers?", cos that seems like the obvious arc to follow.

Or will one turn bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,838 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

apparently there is an outgoing kid and more introvert sensitive one, the latter has the super powers

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Or will one turn bad?

Oh yeah. There'll be at least one scene amounting to him shouting something like "you just don't get it dad!"

Luckily for Superman, if the kids say that, he can show them the documentary of his highschool years, Smallville.
    Maybe leave out the part about his best friend going on to be a member of a sex cult

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭AllForIt

pixelburp wrote: »

Superbrats!

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Luckily for Superman, if the kids say that, he can show them the documentary of his highschool years, Smallville.
    Maybe leave out the part about his best friend going on to be a member of a sex cult

Ahhh sweet Chloe she turned bat**** crazy

Two hour premier sounds good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭Sparko

I hope this lands a UK and Ireland home quickly and doesn't end up like Batwoman did and mess up the crossover.

Advertisement