Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 20 Transfers

• 17-01-2021 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭

Is it very reactionary to do dallas to Dias, have exact funds, he rises tonight but their next three look like clean sheets.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,603 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Is it very reactionary to do dallas to Dias, have exact funds, he rises tonight but their next three look like clean sheets.

Makes absolute sense. They are unreal defensively now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

CSF wrote: »
    Makes absolute sense. They are unreal defensively now.

Thinking the same. If he gets injured next game it would just be bad luck. Problem is I was supposed shift Kilman this week but I just do not want to take any more hits unless I have to but I'll probably do a -4 to a Mitchell or someone like that.

Dallas to Dias or I can do kilman to Stones...

Feels like a long way away to do this but I need some city defenders now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Dallas to Dias or I can do kilman to Stones...

Feels like a long way away to do this but I need some city defenders now.

Kilman probably won't play, so a sensible move would be to go for Stones and get rid of dead wood.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Kilman probably won't play, so a sensible move would be to go for Stones and get rid of dead wood.

Ya in that case I have dollars to play with so I'll just hold off until the second games are over.

Thank you all from an inexperienced manager who's far too high in his money league for his own good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Have to finally try & get rid of Welbeck. Have had other fires to put out over the last couple of gameweeks. Just about able to afford Wilson. Not sure who else in that price bracket who would be worth a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Have to finally try & get rid of Welbeck. Have had other fires to put out over the last couple of gameweeks. Just about able to afford Wilson. Not sure who else in that price bracket who would be worth a punt.

Watkins purely on the basis that he's going to have either 2 DGW or 1 TGW at some stage so you'll probably want him then.

If you want a direct replacement - then McGoldrick wouldn't be bad shout - Sheffield have found a bit of life last two games and he plays and scores.

Otherwise Antonia would be the best choice - but maybe see if he plays 90 mins in next game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I’ve already done Salah to KdB. 4 captain blanks in a row has killed me so need to bite bullet ASAP.

Salah & Liverpool are well off it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Watkins purely on the basis that he's going to have either 2 DGW or 1 TGW at some stage so you'll probably want him then.

If you want a direct replacement - then McGoldrick wouldn't be bad shout - Sheffield have found a bit of life last two games and he plays and scores.

Otherwise Antonia would be the best choice - but maybe see if he plays 90 mins in next game.

Watkins is a great shout actually. Hadn't even considered him due to having Grealish & Martinez already. Will keep an eye on how he plays this gameweek.

McGoldrick seems to have nailed down that starting spot lately. Only issue is it's Sheffield. But they need to score goals to survive so definitely one to watch.

Got Antonio already for the double this week. Good to have him back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I’ve already done Salah to KdB. 4 captain blanks in a row has killed me so need to bite bullet ASAP.

Salah & Liverpool are well off it

A Salah double digit haul against Burnley might have you regretting getting rid of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,323 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Is Cancelo out of favour now or is he just as likely to get back in for the next game ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Currently thinking I'll bring KDB in for Salah but I'll wait until all matches this gameweek are played.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Rikand wrote: »
    Is Cancelo out of favour now or is he just as likely to get back in for the next game ?

Second guessing Pep is not a smart move but if I was to bet on it I would say he was simply rested and will be straight back in, he had played 90 mins in 12 of the last 13 games so was probably due in fairness.

A Salah double digit haul against Burnley might have you regretting getting rid of him.

Genuinely can’t see it!

They are well off it & to be honest, csn see DeBruyne matching him all the way

Rikand wrote: »

He’s definitely not out of favour. In fact he is the most nailed on of all the full backs. Pep loves him.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

I could easily offload Zouma after Stones performance today, ill wait till the deadline to decide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭scotchy

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    I could easily offload Zouma after Stones performance today, ill wait till the deadline to decide

Zouma due a price drop tonight according to www.fplstatistics.co.uk

Tomorrow according to www.fantasyfootballfix.com.

Edit. Looks like he's safe for another day.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭macraignil

Like what I have seen of Mitchell and even with loosing to Man City they have looked more solid defensively since he has been back starting. Getting a playing defender for 3.9mill makes sense to me even if he is just to sit on my bench most of the time. Saw Leeds against Brighton and it convinced me that having Bamford is enough from the Leeds team for me and I've decided to go Dallas to Mitchell before the potential price rise of Mitchell.

Gives me a total 1.1mill in the bank to make an upgrade elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I didn't see the Leeds game but I've seen some analysis basically saying they've looked quite poor in some recent games. I wonder is it time to even get off the Bamford train.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,603 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I think the idea that Mitchell keeps PVA out longterm might be optimistic.

He doesn’t look like the 2nd coming of Wan Bissaka.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭macraignil

CSF wrote: »
    I think the idea that Mitchell keeps PVA out longterm might be optimistic.

He doesn’t look like the 2nd coming of Wan Bissaka.

Closest thing to Wan-Bissaka I can see this season anyway. Crystal Palace only have kept clean sheets this season when Mitchell has been playing. Also read somewhere that van Aanholt's contract expires at the end of the season so if they are finding it difficult to get him to sign a new one they could leave him out just to help bring on Mitchell's game seeing as he is likely to be on a much less expensive wage for the club. van Aanholt looks very good going forward but with Eze, Schlupp and Zaha looking good on that side of the pitch would Roy prefer to have a more conservative left back with pace to recover if they do go forward like MItchell?

Could switch back to van Aanholts position again but I think since he is mostly just coming in to fill one of my bench positions its worth the risk to free up some cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Possibly a bank.

only major issue I have the moment if my failed Chris Wood experiment :p

I'm sure another issue will present itself before the deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Dallas and soucek out for stones & smith-rowe for a -4(I hate taking hits)...dallas did nothing last 3 weeks and stones only city defender i cam afford!
    Also planning on moving bamford/Wilson then for Antonio next weeks transfer GW but not sure which one yet, leaning more towards getting rid of wilson as Newcastle are terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Took a - 4
    Zouma + Dier out
    AWB + Stones in

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

keane2097 wrote: »
    I didn't see the Leeds game but I've seen some analysis basically saying they've looked quite poor in some recent games. I wonder is it time to even get off the Bamford train.

Leeds have Newcastle next, who look the worst team in the league on current form, so maybe hang on one more week?

I am considering Salah>Sterling for a couple of weeks. City look to be in form and have some handy fixrures

• Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

mectavba wrote: »
    Leeds have Newcastle next, who look the worst team in the league on current form, so maybe hang on one more week?

Good point, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,607 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Looking at KWP/Alioski to Stones/Mitchell for -4

• Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Soucek to ESR seems so obvious.

More attacking, in form and will save money.

Only thing holding me back is potentially losing his place but seems like Artera is a big fan.

Will see how Soucek gets on tonight, seemed much more defensive at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Trey13

Not an Arsenal fan by any means but by all accounts ESR seems nailed on to start for them. It looks like Arteta is happy to go with ESR and Saka. I'm thinking of doubling up on them as they both look impressive fpl wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,834 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Soucek to ESR seems so obvious.

More attacking, in form and will save money.

Only thing holding me back is potentially losing his place but seems like Artera is a big fan.

Will see how Soucek gets on tonight, seemed much more defensive at the weekend.

I like this transfer too but the main thing stopping me doing this is that I'm reluctant to have triple Arsenal. I'm already seriously thinking about selling Lacazette again and a -4 isn't something I can afford right now. I'll keep Saka.

Advertisement