Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman assaulted at knifepoint in Dublin *MOD WARNING ADDED TO OP*

• 18-01-2021 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/courtandcrime/arid-40208612.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

A young mother attacked by 3 laughing teens in balbriggan, seriously need harsher sentences on these scumbags.

Mod:

For the love of... Can we TRY and have a discussion about the topic at hand and stop roaming off on tangents about wider issues.

We'll try this again - there is a seperate thread on multiculturalism for the wider discussion. This thread is only for discussing the topic at hand.

I have forum banned several posters who were spewing outright racism and cleaned up the back and forth bickering.

Back on topic, and for God's sake debate with some level of civility - we don't all have to agree with each other but at least treat other posters with some respect.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭micks_address

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/courtandcrime/arid-40208612.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

A young mother attacked by 3 laughing teens in balbriggan, seriously need harsher sentences on these scumbags.

no fear factor for a lot of these kids... no sense of any repercussions for what they might do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Age of responsibility should be lowered if anything. Little scumbags protected by all aspects of the judicial system.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,214 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

all teens are to be considered akin to these three degenerates?

Age of responsibility should be lowered if anything. Little scumbags protected by all aspects of the juridical system.

heard plenty of stories of kids like this being picked up by the guards and brought home to parents and the parents threatening the guards for abusing their kids... if parents don't respect law and order hard for kids to have much chance of it

lawred2 wrote: »
    all teens are to be considered akin to these three degenerates?

no just the degenerates i want punished properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

heard plenty of stories of kids like this being picked up by the guards and brought home to parents and the parents threatening the guards for abusing their kids... if parents don't respect law and order hard for kids to have much chance of it

Have you though? Or did you just make that up?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I wonder if gardai arrived and shot at them, what other way would the story have been reported

Can mod change thread title to some teens tbf.

Lux23 wrote: »

yes i just made it up

• Registered Users Posts: 80,798 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

Whoy was there no description of the teens given out so they could be found?

• Advertisement

She said that when she knocked one of them over the others said: "Run Blood or some kind of slang".

There's your answer right there. The new and more violent Irish.

What do you mean by 'new' Irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,214 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

no just the degenerates i want punished properly.

well then maybe request the thread title to be amended

lawred2 wrote: »
    well then maybe request the thread title to be amended

I just did.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

A friend of mine was a Guard and though not an every day occurrence by any means it happened often enough for him and his colleagues to see it as a thing. It was usually a few families already "known to the Guards". generational stuff.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭Treppen

What do you mean by 'new' Irish?

He's hinting that they are from Nigeria.
    He must be a taxi driver.

Wibbs wrote: »
    A friend of mine was a Guard and though not an every day occurrence by any means it happened often enough for him and his colleagues to see it as a thing. It was usually a few families already "known to the Guards". generational stuff.

When I was a teen... back in the 90s... if a squad car called to the house it was a neighborhood scandal.. no one cares any more... you might wonder why a squad car is on your road but the same 'fear' isn't there... some might say that's a healthy thing.. that fear and respect for the law isn't the same thing... i see it every evening around our village... groups of teenage kids just hanging around on corners and around shop entrances.. i don't know what the entertainment value is in it.. it definitely is intimidating for people walking etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭Fred Cryton

This is not a "teen" issue. These scumbags will grow up to do even worse in their 20's and 30's. It's an issue where we've created a criminal class of degenerates from a class of welfare dependent mostly single mothers, and a police force paralyzed by political correctness unable to do their job of protecting the community.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/dublin-mum-attacked-teens-balbriggan-19642463
    I won't be going out for a walk on my own ever again. This town has become really bad in terms of gangs and violence and I believe two girls were attacked over Christmas.

They were just laughing all the time and when I kicked one of them to the ground, the other said Run Blood or some kind of gang slang to them.
    Ireland is sadly following in UKs footsteps.

Lengthy prison sentences, and deportation where applicable, is the only way to stem the tide of violence heading our way.

Treppen wrote: »
    He's hinting that they are from Nigeria.
    He must be a taxi driver.

You see, it is the hinting that bothers me. If you're going to make allegations like that at least just come out and say it. Boards.ie really needs to sort out its house because it is a cesspit of racism at the moment.

When I was a teen... back in the 90s... if a squad car called to the house it was a neighborhood scandal.. no one cares any more... you might wonder why a squad car is on your road but the same 'fear' isn't there... some might say that's a healthy thing.. that fear and respect for the law isn't the same thing... i see it every evening around our village... groups of teenage kids just hanging around on corners and around shop entrances.. i don't know what the entertainment value is in it.. it definitely is intimidating for people walking etc..

Nonsense. When I was a teenager, we hung around on street corners because that is what teens do. None of us grew up to be criminals apart from a few scumbags that were always heading in that direction. The only difference is now some of those teens have darker skin and that is enough to criminalise a young person these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

The worst part of this is it was just done for the craic. Sickening really

Nonsense. When I was a teenager, we hung around on street corners because that is what teens do. None of us grew up to be criminals apart from a few scumbags that were always heading in that direction. The only difference is now some of those teens have darker skin and that is enough to criminalise a young person these days.

you are implying if you have dark skin you are more inclined to be a criminal or that people are more likely to call you a criminal if you have dark skin? would you call the kids who attacked that woman criminals or just kids having a laugh? regardless of their skin colour...

you are implying if you have dark skin you are more inclined to be a criminal or that people are more likely to call you a criminal if you have dark skin? would you call the kids who attacked that woman criminals or just kids having a laugh? regardless of their skin colour...

Maybe read what I said, it is pretty clear. Then go back and read some of the posts on this thread. Look at the language people are using? Why are they using that language? Why haven't you questioned what they are implying?

begbysback wrote: »
    Your having a laugh mick, where I lived the lads used to steal cars back out of the Garda station when they were retrieved.

maybe it was a country / town divide... we didnt all live in urban areas

• Registered Users Posts: 12,131 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

no fear factor for a lot of these kids... no sense of any repercussions for what they might do.

Because there are no repercussions. The law is on their side. Which needs changing. Firmly believe from 16+ you know right from wrong particularly when it comes to assault, physical, sexual, etc. A hammer needs to come down on these teenagers. But it's hardly a new thing, been happening all around the country for decades.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

In summary, The youth diversion scheme (of which the government want to extend this up to the age of 24). Its a cop out for reducing prison places.

Teenagers know nothing will happen to them. The guys that committed that acid attack in Waterford, didn't get a day in prison. That's the scale we are dealing with.

And of course with a certain cohort, London Gang Culture is here and thriving in places like Balbriggan, Blanchardstown and Jobstown.

I have a friend I went to college with. He was born in London, mother was from Nigeria and she took him out of London early on to get him away from all of that. He was telling me (about 6-7 years ago) that it's starting up here like it is in London. Most people have relatives in London, cousins etc and it's spilling over here.

Now we have it. The gangs are fully formed and they are aligned to gangs in London. Knife attacks are becoming more common. We've had 3 acid attacks in the last couple of years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Very true, it’s actually on the milder side to some of the stuff I’ve seen. Also, and I’m not saying this is the case here, but people usually aren’t targeted for absolutely nothing, even in the roughest of areas people don’t get attacked for nothing.

maybe it was a country/town divide... we didnt all live in urban areas

Ah well if you grew up in the countryside, it is not surprising the most exciting thing that ever happened to you was when a cop car arrived up the lane! Are those same county lanes swarming with gangs now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Is it because she’s white?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Advertisement

Ah well if you grew up in the countryside, it is not surprising the most exciting thing that ever happened to you was when a cop car arrived up the lane! Are those same county lanes swarming with gangs now?

dont know moved to the city as the country was too boring

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement