Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Dissident (Jamal Khashoggi documentary)

• 14-01-2021 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hey

Has anyone seen this documentary/movie and if so where did you watch it?

Link here for anyone wondering:
    https://thedissident.com/

Thanks

Comments

yes have heard about it.

haven't seen it.

did watch "Kingdom of Silence" a while ago - it was ... ok - pretty standard fare.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9561478/

the page you linked shows what sites are showing it on the homepage - seems like it's 20 dollars to "rent"

of course you could go to "alternative sources"

of course it's a story in itself how the piece has not been picked up by any major streaming platform for general (non-specific high rental charge) distribution

those medieval inbred Saudi "Royals" have gotten their way so far

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭emo72

I'll go out of my way to watch this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭babybuilder

In looking forward to seeing this. Closely related to this is Coup 53. It details the CIA and British government overthrow of the Iranian government in 1953 . I haven't seen either and I can't find any platform showing the latter documentary. Any information would be welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Alerium

glasso wrote: »
    of course it's a story in itself how the piece has not been picked up by any major streaming platform for general (non-specific high rental charge) distribution

those medieval inbred Saudi "Royals" have gotten their way so far

Bryan Fogel, who is the director (won an Academy Award for Icarus) said Netflix and Prime wouldn’t touch it because they’re afraid of losing subscribers - fairly sad in my opinion.

• Advertisement

yes have heard about it.

haven't seen it.

did watch "Kingdom of Silence" a while ago - it was ... ok - pretty standard fare.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9561478/

the page you linked shows what sites are showing it on the homepage - seems like it's 20 dollars to "rent"

of course you could go to "alternative sources"

I think the $20 rental fee is over the top. I’m also afraid if i pay it, I’ll get some geographical block as we don’t really use those platforms here in Ireland. I couldn’t find it on any alternative sources as it’s fairly new and relatively unknown.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,990 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

did watch "Kingdom of Silence" a while ago .

Where can this be viewed?

To thine own self be true

Where can this be viewed?

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

A Less cryptic clue please

pirate.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

A buccaneer on a beach? Buccaneer beach?

A buccaneer on a beach? Buccaneer beach?

You of all people would know Captain Red Beard.

I've now seen both Kingdom of Silence and The Dissident.

Arr.

Tbh if you followed the story closely and know about Saudia Arabia you won't learn anything new really

Both were similar in a way except The Dissident had a lot of focus on a young guy called Omar in exile in Canada who was a recent collaborator with JK. Which is ok but I thought that too much of the piece revolved around him. He's not particularly interesting.

I'm guessing that the reason that The Dissident is getting more play in the media than Kingdom of Silence is mainly down to the story being made about it not being on Netflix etc and the fact that it's the same guy who did the Russia sport doping docu.

I've now seen both Kingdom of Silence and The Dissident.

Arr.

Tbh if you followed the story closely and know about Saudia Arabia you won't learn anything new really

Both were similar in a way except The Dissident had a lot of focus on a young guy called Omar in exile in Canada who was a recent collaborator with JK. Which is ok but I thought that too much of the piece revolved around him. He's not particularly interesting.

I'm guessing that the reason that The Dissident is getting more play in the media than Kingdom of Silence is mainly down to the story being made about it not being on Netflix etc and the fact that it's the same guy who did the Russia sport doping docu.

Where did you watch then may i ask, what platform? Also how much is each in euro? Thanks

Kingdom of Silence is on Showtime (free trials in the US) and Amazon.com (rental fee not prime) but not on European Amazon

The Dissident has links from its homepage - also on Amazon.com (rental)

Not surprising that Amazon is showing them, considering Mr Bone Saw was the one who sent the malware to Bezos to hack his phone and then sent the compromising pics to The National Enquirer

Neither doc is worth $20 each to watch imo

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

they're talking about it now on Today FM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

A Less cryptic clue please

5b7ddf0d959f34ec318b47da?width=1029

Sailboats-Bay-of-Mustique-Saint-Vincent-and.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Depp Sea

Oh the Deep Sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Depp Sea