Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Golf course with hotel

Options
  • 10-01-2021 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.

I’d like to create a list of hotels that have a golf course on the premises.

My company runs golf and poker tournaments and we are planning a couple of events for 2021.

We would prefer the hotels to be in Dublin but anywhere outside of Dublin up to an hour will be considered.

Please add to this list if you can. The ones that I have noted so far are:

1) Castleknock
    2) Luttrelstown
    3) Roganstown / Swords Open
    4) Citywest
    5) Portmarnock

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Danny dyers double

Knightsbrook. It’s in Trim , Meath but only short drive from Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Kilkea Castle.
    Heritage golf resort.
    Castleknock.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Louis Friend

Powerscourt
    Druids Glen
    The K Club
    Moyvalley
    Palmerstown House
    Carton House

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Citywest has closed down afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Mount Wolesley is my favourite as you can take in a game in Bunclody as well

• Advertisement

Also not actually on same grounds but Headfort has 2 courses and Headfort Arms Hotel is very nearby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Golfhead65 wrote: »
    Also not actually on same grounds but Headfort has 2 courses and Headfort Arms Hotel is very nearby

I think the hotel use to do deals for golfers. Two great courses on one venue.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

In Clare you have Dromoland Castle, Doonbeg and Woodstock. The Inn at Dromoland (old Clare Inn) is on the golf course with Dromoland as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

Mount Juliet,Macreddin has Brook Lodge on site,Tulfarris

• Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Clareman wrote: »
    In Clare you have Dromoland Castle, Doonbeg and Woodstock. The Inn at Dromoland (old Clare Inn) is on the golf course with Dromoland as well.

Good going if you get to those within an hour from Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭rooney30

Trump International . Less than an hour in a chopper . Cos yer worth it !

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Oops, missed the hour from Dublin bit, Dromoland would be doable from the outskirts of Dublin, around Saggart, in an hour and 45 minutes, it's motorway pretty much the whole way.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Tin_Cup

Tulfarris would be a great spot close to Dublin and tick all the boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bmay529

Knightsbrook. It’s in Trim , Meath but only short drive from Dublin

Heard Knightsbrook is gone. Pity if true as I always thought it a good track with great potential

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭avud

Have to vouch for a previous poster. Headfort in Kells has a hotel 500 meters from 2 fantastic courses and 45 mins from Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

Timings for below are from the Red Cow roundabout:

Woodenbridge is an hour away and it has a hotel at the entrance to the golf club.
    Nuremore is an hour
    Rathsallagh is 45 minutes and the separate hotel has direct access to the course.
    Moyvalley is 35 minutes
    New Forest has lodges/apartments on site - 55 minutes

bmay529 wrote: »
    Heard Knightsbrook is gone. Pity if true as I always thought it a good track with great potential

Where did you hear this.. Source please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

I think you’re mixing that up with a different resort that got into trouble a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bmay529

Golfhead65 wrote: »
    Where did you hear this.. Source please

Heard a meeting of the creditors of the hotel and golf resort has been called for a voluntary winding up

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭AFK123

Heard a meeting of the creditors of the hotel and golf resort has been called for a voluntary winding up

That was in relation to the previous owners who operated under similar name. That old company was officially wound up last week. Company who now own hotel and golf course are in no trouble thankfully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

I’m surprised seen it was only sold recently but I’m fairly sure someone will snap it up and it will continue. Brilliant course and lovely hotel inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Mullingar golf club
    Bloomfield hotel right beside it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Macreddin. A stunning golf course and an equally beautiful hotel and spa at Brook Lodge. Class little pub in it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭carq

Athlone / Hodson Bay
    Glasson / Glasson Golf club

*1 Hour from M50

Advertisement