Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PPC Hybrid December 2020/2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

So it is now 10:30, lectures begin at 1 and still no word from Law Society, no reply to emails and phone calls are not being returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Coopie

If they can release the results on Monday then the marking of the papers must be completed- why can’t they just release them today?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Meg!

Are the results defo being released Monday? My email said they would be available the week of the 11th?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shaunamarie

Spreece wrote: »
    So it is now 10:30, lectures begin at 1 and still no word from Law Society, no reply to emails and phone calls are not being returned.

Anyone hear back from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Reya10

Is anyone who is waiting on results Thursday able to access their account on the fe1 results page?

Usually you can login and it shows your results from last sitting or just says nothing is available.

Mine doesn’t seem to be working and I’m afraid I won’t be able to access them on Thursday. I was wondering if anyone is having the same issue? I hope they haven’t messed up the access somehow because we were given a different username and password for the LS website as provisional access for PPC materials?

• Advertisement

Reya10 wrote: »
    Is anyone who is waiting on results Thursday able to access their account on the fe1 results page?

Usually you can login and it shows your results from last sitting or just says nothing is available.

Mine doesn’t seem to be working and I’m afraid I won’t be able to access them on Thursday. I was wondering if anyone is having the same issue? I hope they haven’t messed up the access somehow because we were given a different username and password for the LS website as provisional access for PPC materials?

I am the same can not get in

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

Good luck to any potential hybrid applicants getting results tomorrow !

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Lelila

Is anyone else who was given provisional access to Moodle feeling totally overwhelmed by the amount of lectures on there, to catch up on???

Lelila wrote: »
    Is anyone else who was given provisional access to Moodle feeling totally overwhelmed by the amount of lectures on there, to catch up on???

Not even thinking about that until I get results at 11

Not even thinking about that until I get results at 11

Good luck!

• Advertisement

Delighted to have passed my last 2 and to be officially joining the course! I hope everyone here got good news too!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Ianmc97

Delighted to have passed my last 2 and to be officially joining the course! I hope everyone here got good news too!

I'm the same got my last 3 and am looking forward to getting stuck into the course

theres a nice bit on there but plenty of time to catch up..I'd focus in the legal research one as there is an mcq test due tomorrow and an assignment due the week after that. also very handy that the videos are able to be sped up to 1.25 or 1.5 speed

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Nikcan18

Does anyone think they knew we had passed that's why were allowed access "provisionally" to the PPC1?

I passed my last one too. Yipee!
    Am I correct in saying the fees we have to pay are €8,300 minus the €840 we sent in with the application?

Nikcan18 wrote: »
    Does anyone think they knew we had passed that's why were allowed access "provisionally" to the PPC1?

I don't know. Were there others who had intended to start the PPC1 who weren't given provisional access?

I passed my last one too. Yipee!
    Am I correct in saying the fees we have to pay are €8,300 minus the €840 we sent in with the application?

no these are seperate amounts. I did not pay the 840 with my application and so I have to pay the application fee now of 840 and the normal fees of 8,300 the 840 was to "process" your application as far as I can see

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Fe1BB

I don't know. Were there others who had intended to start the PPC1 who weren't given provisional access?

Yes application was submitted and never received any phone call or email about provisional access and didn’t get the exams.

Ianmc97 wrote: »
    no these are seperate amounts. I did not pay the 840 with my application and so I have to pay the application fee now of 840 and the normal fees of 8,300 the 840 was to "process" your application as far as I can see

I also didn't pay any fees yet including the 840. I presume we will be contacted from someone in the PPC section soon with details on how to proceed with fees, get our ipads etc?

Or am I being too optimistic haha, maybe we need to reach out

I’m curious to know if there was anyone who was granted provisional access who subsequently failed the FE1?

• Advertisement

I also didn't pay any fees yet including the 840. I presume we will be contacted from someone in the PPC section soon with details on how to proceed with fees, get our ipads etc?

Or am I being too optimistic haha, maybe we need to reach out

I'm going to be making contact by email in the next day or so to confirm the situation and sending the money asap in order to prevent any delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Nikcan18

They responded to me and said I will be forwarded the timetable shortly and will receive iPad once I have fully registered for the course i.e. returned the completed Form 3 & 4 A (we will send this with your Consent letters once we receive the FE1 pass letter) and paid your fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭FE1s2021

Hi guys

Just wondering if I have all exams passed after the October 2021 sitting this year, would I still be able to apply for the December 2021 Hybrid?

Thanks

FE1s2021 wrote: »
    Hi guys

Just wondering if I have all exams passed after the October 2021 sitting this year, would I still be able to apply for the December 2021 Hybrid?

Thanks

Yes, just finished FE1 in November and joined Hybrid last week. TC and €9k required.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭FE1s2021

Yes, just finished FE1 in November and joined Hybrid last week. TC and €9k required.

Thank you. Best of luck with the next chapter!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Law2020

Guys is anyone else struggling to catch up on all the material? I only got access to Moodle last week and feel swamped with all the tutorials we have to do by Friday.

For the Research Method case study under the Legal Research Module, has anyone found any relevant cases for the taser gun question, not finding any really relatable to the scenario!

Law2020 wrote: »
    Guys is anyone else struggling to catch up on all the material? I only got access to Moodle last week and feel swamped with all the tutorials we have to do by Friday.

For the Research Method case study under the Legal Research Module, has anyone found any relevant cases for the taser gun question, not finding any really relatable to the scenario!

I didnt find case law but I did find a news paper article.

I had Thursday and friday off this week so caught up nicely. Have my business law tutorial and conveyance tutorial covered.

Law2020 wrote: »

Yes, me too! Surely they can't expect us to have it all caught up in one week? I was starting to read all the literature we're supposed to read, but have decided now to just concentrate on listening to the lectures & catch up on the reading later. Hopefully that will do for this week.

Yes, me too! Surely they can't expect us to have it all caught up in one week? I was starting to read all the literature we're supposed to read, but have decided now to just concentrate on listening to the lectures & catch up on the reading later. Hopefully that will do for this week.

We can only do as much as we can do. TBH I dont think anyone whether there from week 1 or not will be fully prepared this weekend as we dont really what they want.

• Advertisement

I have received an email from the LS about a Reflective Practice Group on one Tuesday a Month from 6pm to 7:30pm.
    What are peoples opinions on things like this mid week. I assume most of us are working some if not all week. I personally would be lucky to be home for 6pm.

Advertisement