Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Tuskrus II - Revealify

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

and with that short break. we go on....

3 points for Install a Beak... (65daysofstatic cover) - The Brooklyn Rose Future Jazz Orchestra -
    EN

Brainvomit:

ok. the lads are testing out their instruments starting off. bit of sonar, bit of piano, things are sound more cohhesive. yep i think we've started. emotions straight off the bat here. I know some other 65 days, and the same is true of those other songs too. that little sonar beat. jesus you wouldn't think anything of it, but it's so important here. there's constant resolution in this song. you're always taken home. ok, we move into high pitched repeated piano notes, which i wasn't on board with. what follows is gruggy and messy feeling. mostly just sounds like noise rn tbh. drum solo to ease the tension. beastly bassy bastids. horns are nice in the bg, but there's just too much noise in the way for me. sonar and piano back. i dig it. the mess not so much. band's back in. that resolution man. my god. do they know how to resolve tension. beautiful ending there. i'm sad. I wish the mishmashmess wasn't there to have ruined it for me. could have scored way higher .

21 points for Då Som Nu För Alltid - Kent -
    sawduck

Brainvomit:

ooh yes, bit of military drummy business. oh yes. celticy sounding with the instruments coming in. Celtic? Vikingy? I don't know, but i'm into it. laying the groundwork here for some nice choonage. hope it delivers. heavy bass line. strings in the bg as the bass gets more active. this is a classic build up of instrumental layers. yep. choirs. nice. we're heading into battle. on the long ships. with our wives and daughters signing us away. we will win this battle! we will come home! the salt sea will do us no harm. annnnd. it stops. wat. i needed more. some drums only. has someone died! is the battle over? did we win? AWWWWWWWW i was not ready for that to end.

2 points for Porcelain (Moby) Instrumental Music -
    baggly

Brainvomit:

rewindy. chill af. that trickle of piano just taking you to bed. there's a heavy, chunky feel to the sound, behind the raindroppy piano, which makes it sound very complete and rounded. the odd vocal in the bg is there, but feels more instrumental than you'd expect. pretty boring now though tbh. very very samey. found myself checking to see when it was over.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Woo hoo not last. Sorry to whoever is last.

• Advertisement

22 points for Goodbye Summer, Hello Winter - FantomenK -
    trigger

Brainvomit:

video gamey. oh yeah. Wreck that bass Ralph. aw man this is so upbeat. i'm defo gonna complete this level. aaaaha. yes. love it. don't know what to say tbh. this just resonates with me so much ahha. megaman fire power. ok we're into a tougher level now. will we get through it? i think so. yep we're back on the easy part of the game now. just frollicking through the meadow, hopping on baddies. now we're in space. floating around in a bubble. nice. i'm liking it, but the start was better. slight boredom coming in now. back to bass(ics). yeah this bit is back now from earlier. way better. so good. key changes, we're going somewhere. lovely. bonus round here at the end. madness. lol this is deadly. long oul song it seems. are we near the end? that main part is just so deliciious. niiice. love that

And we're left with top and bottom....

in last place with 1 point is M83 - A Guitar and a Heart (audio) -
    homer

Brainvomit

glitchy entrance, followed by some heat. i'm on edge. this is making me feel like something bad is about to happen. lots going on. no letup. seems like the beat slows down every now and then, but i'm not sure if that's real or my brain. i'm finding it hard to follow along because it's just all mushed together so much. I really want to like it. but it feels like my cd is just skipping and playing the same 4 seconds over and over. we've got some ooooohs in the bg now which are mixing it up. but i'm ready to fall asleep to this. is it over. I don't hate it. i just amn't arsed with it. the more i listen the lower the score goes :/ i'm not even tapping or bopping along with. ouch. i'm sorry, but whatever is happening has deactivated my musical genes. turned it off at 4 mins. soz

LEAVING OUR WINNER:

with 23 points - Syringe by Emilie Autumn -
    levar

Brainvomit:

ohh my. wasn't expecting that. instant abuse. very 15th century royal dance coming off it. wow. then we move into some gothicy sounding beautyness. WAIT WHAT THE **** JUST HAPPENED. Get into me holy jesus. those bends. hello. HELLO. WAAAYYYYOOOOOOOO. this is directly up my ally. jeez louise. oh beat change. this is all over the place, you've got some serious injections of madness while listeing to this. bahaha, and then straight back to the basic single instrument intro. followed by some weeeeyaous. love it. pretty sure this is going directly into my proper bopper playlist. ooof. need to not be sitting in the kitchen with my father in law right now. this requires solitude and headbanging and jumping around. beauty. !

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

F**k yeah! Glad you liked it tusk. Emilie Autumn has some pure class tunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Well in Lavar

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Wahey 2nd! Close it up! Shut it down.. there is no way I will reach these heights again!

• Advertisement

Thanks for stopping by dudes.

Hopefully have round 2 done by next weekend!

Name | Round 1
    levar |23
    Trigger|22
    Sawduck|21
    Jgf|20
    BJ|19
    Deja Boo|18
    Irish Aris|17
    Mustang Shelly|16
    phatkev|15
    Speckle|14
    purp |13
    Fixxer|12
    Rikand|11
    Kolido|10
    ShaneU|9
    Spook|8
    Liz|7
    necro|6
    Osh|5
    Arghus|4
    EN|3
    Baggly|2
    Homer|1

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Baggly wrote: »
    Goal 1 beat necro
    Goal 2 wooden spoon

Giving him a head start Baggly?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Tortoise and the hare, my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,333 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Some cracking choices in this round

Couldn't agree more and some are songs that I had long forgotten about but am grateful for the much needed reintroduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,636 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Bloody hell, what happened here? :D
    tusk wrote: »
    3 points for Install a Beak... (65daysofstatic cover) - The Brooklyn Rose Future Jazz Orchestra -
    EN

mostly just sounds like noise rn tbh... i'm sad. I wish the mishmashmess wasn't there to have ruined it for me. could have scored way higher .
    I'm starting to get used to comments like this :D
    I like chaos and noise, it soothes the chaos and noise in my head! If you don't throw the kitchen sink at a song then, as far as I'm concerned, there's a kitchen sink shaped hole in your song :p

The original is actually cleaner, but I've already used 65daysofstatic a good few times, thought I'd try something a little different. I love the fact it's a live rendition, clearly just in the corner of a bar!

Will have to catch up with all the others when I'm back working next week, something to look forward to

yeah i was really disapointed 65 days didnt do better tbh. i'll have to check out the original when this is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Thought Edward Grieg would be hard to deny in this round, but, in fairness it was a high quality round.

to be fair. it was a very very close round. seeing it split out from 1 to 23 makes it seem less so. but all songs fit within ratings of 3.5 to 9. with the majority above 7

yeah i was really disapointed 65 days didnt do better tbh. i'll have to check out the original when this is over.

Also, to repeat what I said in my PM...

A song with no lyrics
    The Brooklyn Rose Future Jazz Orchestra - Install A Beak In The Heart That Clucks Time In Arabic
    OK, let's start with a multiple hit!
    • No Lyrics
    • Incredible Drums
    • Fantabulous Solo (admittedly that's the drums again!)
    • Sax
    • Might even get your blood pumping, or make you cry :p
    For effort alone I have to win, surely? No one else is putting this much effort into making you happy, mate! ;)

Also, to repeat what I said in my PM...

A song with no lyrics
    The Brooklyn Rose Future Jazz Orchestra - Install A Beak In The Heart That Clucks Time In Arabic
    OK, let's start with a multiple hit!
    • No Lyrics
    • Incredible Drums
    • Fantabulous Solo (admittedly that's the drums again!)
    • Sax
    • Might even get your blood pumping, or make you cry :p
    For effort alone I have to win, surely? No one else is putting this much effort into making you happy, mate! ;)

ok buddy. u win the happiness trophy. good job

OHpGjq.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Its great seeing EN get so worked up :pac:

ok buddy. u win the happiness trophy. good job

tenor.gif

Trigger wrote: »
    Its great seeing EN get so worked up :pac:
    Just reminding tusk that none of the rest of you care about him like I do :D

HzEeFY4.png

• Registered Users Posts: 84,806 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

LeVar reigning king of the Walrus continues :p

Finally caught up!

Quite a few of the higher ones I wasn't too taken with, few of the lower ones I loved. My favourite was probably Homer's M83 that came last :D

Which means I'm not feeling confident for the rest of this walrus now :eek:

giphy.gif

...nah, just looked at my submission and, as always, I assume I'm going to win until proven wrong :D

My favourite was probably Homer's M83 that came last :D

:cool:

tumblr_m9c58lcerF1qeiqbto1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

18 points for GHOST OF THE MOUNTAIN • Dark Country Blues Slide Guitar -
    booboo

Brainvomit

noice country guitar. tidy bend there. bit ott on the reverb on the bass line tbh. oh yeah. bit of tight resolution there. it was a long journey, but they got there. seems like they're so close to perfection, but over egging it on some parts. yeah i'm liking this. that lonely cowboy strolling down the empty dust road just made it into town. and he's lookin for trouble. bweahwadah dah. noice. very good. really enjoyed that. oh its' still going. needs something interesting now or it will fall flat. ah the last minute was not as good as the rest, let it down a bit tbh.
    This is excellent stuff :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Apologies Tusk missed the splendid start to the reveal...This was my original choice .. for this section...then I decided it might be a bit unfair on ya..so I dropped it and swopped all my other choices around to fit the catorgories instead :D

ps I love the poem version too of the lonesome boatman.. Have had the pleasure one night of arriving down to my little local in the middle of nowhere and as I got nearer.. hearing music waff gently into the starry nights air as a young musician of the next generation.. played the piece on a flute to a silently entranced audience ...magical

Heres the poem version for anybody thats intetested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

tenor.gif?itemid=8878466

Advertisement