Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DGW19 Captain

• 15-01-2021 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,634 ✭✭✭

Plenty of options this week

DGW19 Captain 170 votes

Salah (MUN, BUR)
    52% 89 votes
    Mane (MUN, BUR)
    15% 26 votes
    KDB (CPL, AVL)
    1% 2 votes
    Sterling (CPL, AVL)
    23% 40 votes
    Bruno (liv, ful)
    2% 5 votes
    Grealish (mci, NEW)
    2% 4 votes
    Antonio (BUR, WBA)
    0% 0 votes
    Vardy (SOU, CHE)
    0% 0 votes
    Kane (shu)
    1% 3 votes
    Other
    0% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭spindex

Any chance that you could change the poll to reflect triple captain options.
    Eg
    Salah
    Salah TC
    Bruno
    Bruno TC
    Ect

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

In previous seasons I'd have already settled on Soucek as TC with Werner as vice! :)

Probably won't be doing that sadly. KdB assuming I bring him in, unlikely to play any chip including TC

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

90% certain on Mo TC

• Registered Users Posts: 5,634 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

spindex wrote: »
    Any chance that you could change the poll to reflect triple captain options.
    Eg
    Salah
    Salah TC
    Bruno
    Bruno TC
    Ect

Sorry, think only a Mod can edit a poll!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Im going Creswell of west ham. burnley and west brom @ home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Currently on KDB (C), Salah (VC)

Won't be using the TC this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,086 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Debating on using Sterling TC to atone for his horror show midweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭505_

Leaning towards Salah. The Pep talk of KDB being too tired to take a penalty fairly concerning. Obviously it's Pep so hard to ever read in to what he says. But there's got to be a chance KDB doesn't start both games whereas Salah almost certainly will.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Tempted by Cancelo.

But will go Salah. However single captain.

Maybe...

Might save triple captain for a random double game week for a team with a player where it all just fits.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

505_ wrote: »
    Leaning towards Salah. The Pep talk of KDB being too tired to take a penalty fairly concerning. Obviously it's Pep so hard to ever read in to what he says. But there's got to be a chance KDB doesn't start both games whereas Salah almost certainly will.

I would be going for KDB except for this very reason. Concerned he might be rested in one of the games. Liverpool are very unlikely to rest Salah, with Jota out and Origi out of form. Ox could play there, but I don't see it happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Cancelo. City not giving up many chances so I think two games should be a good chance to get at least one clean if not two!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Considering Soucek just because they get their games done by Tuesday so unlikely to have any issues with games being cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Cancelo. City not giving up many chances so I think two games should be a good chance to get at least one clean if not two!

Would really worry about Walker sneaking a start in one of the games enough to make me not want to captain Cancelo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,591 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Salah TC....who's with me so we can form a preemptive support group?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Cancelo at the minute, they look nailed for two CS, he is a BP magnet and has been desperately unlcuky not to get attacking returns in the last few games. Pep seems to see him as the pivotal player in the set up (out side of KDB that is)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

It’s probably worth considering with CL, Fa Cup & other factors... there might not be a better time to triple captain a player with 2 home games & guaranteed to play (barring injury)!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Chesty08 wrote: »
    It’s probably worth considering with CL, Fa Cup & other factors... there might not be a better time to triple captain a player with 2 home games & guaranteed to play (barring injury)!!

Yea Spurs will have a double game or 2 so I think Kane will be a safer bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,086 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Yea Spurs will have a double game or 2 so I think Kane will be a safer bet.

But Spurs are playing a game of score one goal and sit back and defend deep for the rest of the game. It limits the potential of multiple goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Fitz* wrote: »
    But Spurs are playing a game of score one goal and sit back and defend deep for the rest of the game. It limits the potential of multiple goals.

Fair point. Grealish is another option though, he has the ability to get double digit points in 1 gw nevermind 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭bantee

On KDB currently but may switch to Vardy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Sterling triple captain for me but love the way Foden is playing and reminds me of the summer time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Vardy v Salah for me.

On one hand Vardy delivers more consistently lately albeit with 5 pointers but still, in DGW will add up. He also had good few double digit hauls and Leicester do magically keep winning penalties.

On the other hand should Liverpool score they ll want to score more as they rarely park the bus, so Salah could be relentless. If only he didnt have such bad form over last 3 games :S

Decisions decisions...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Salah triple captain easy peasy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

hawaii501 wrote: »
    Salah triple captain easy peasy :)

Same as

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

We're is love for salah coming From? Mane tc I can understand but not salah been rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

TC KDB

but1er wrote: »
    We're is love for salah coming From? Mane tc I can understand but not salah been rubbish

Previous displays are irrelevant its future ones that count

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    Previous displays are irrelevant its future ones that count

Well if that is the logic then surely a West Ham player is the obvious choice, having the undoubted easiest fixtures?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rodgeb

Strongly considering TC Cancelo. Also have Dias and Stones so the potential upside is huge .... Am I nuts????

• Advertisement

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Well if that is the logic then surely a West Ham player is the obvious choice, having the undoubted easiest fixtures?

West ham players have been doing great!
    I have had Cresswell and soucek since day 1.
    I am giving Cresswell some serious thought actually

Advertisement