Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Funnies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

cg5fcef5d09c1e4.jpg

img.php?e=gif&s=c&file=TXV0dHMvMjAyMS8wMS9NdXR0cy4yMDIxMDExMl8xNTM2LmdpZg==

d9e5d5f028bf01393de1005056a9545d

img.php?e=png&s=c&file=Umh5bWVzV2l0aE9yYW5nZS8yMDIxLzAxL1JoeW1lc193aXRoX09yYW5nZV9udGIuMjAyMTAxMTBfMTUzNi5wbmc=

• Advertisement

img.php?e=png&s=c&file=VGFrZWl0ZnJvbXRoZVRpbmtlcnNvbnMvMjAyMS8wMS9UaW5rZXJzb25zX3AuMjAyMTAxMTNfNjU3LnBuZw==

bc011421dc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

otnomart wrote: »

I bought my first digital book yesterday. Felt a little 'wrong'!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

TRS30 wrote: »

I buy both, makes it feel that bit better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭DvB

You'll get used to it, trust me. :)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

My OH and I like reading the same books. For Christmas I was gifted a kindle, so now one of us can read the real thing while the other reads the kindle :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I love the convenience of my Kindle- not just for travel (waaaaah) but if you fancy reading a new book you can order, download and have it within seconds. Especially convenient considering the book shops are closed now.

Posy wrote: »
    I love the convenience of my Kindle- not just for travel (waaaaah) but if you fancy reading a new book you can order, download and have it within seconds. Especially convenient considering the book shops are closed now.

This is why I finally gave in and did it.

I love reading and use to read all the time when commuting. Haven't really read since last March and was one of NY resolutions to get back reading. Was able to start reading about 3 minutes after I decided which I would never have been able to do if I wanted a physical book.

This is why I finally gave in and did it.

I love reading and use to read all the time when commuting. Haven't really read since last March and was one of NY resolutions to get back reading. Was able to start reading about 3 minutes after I decided which I would never have been able to do if I wanted a physical book.

Just be careful on the costs, I found myself downloading loads at the start (so easy to do) & then I got my visa bill :eek:
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    Just be careful on the costs, I found myself downloading loads at the start (so easy to do) & then I got my visa bill :eek:

Yea, can totally see how that can happen.

I am going to aim for one book a month as most likely will take me that long to read one as only get an hour here and there.

Y

I am going to aim for one book a month as most likely will take me that long to read one as only get an hour here and there.

Meet your brother, at last count I'd 18 books here waiting to be read & since my days of travelling to work on the train ended last March my time for reading is practically nil so need to start making some time to get reading again.

Less TV is the obvious answer.

I much prefer paper books !
    When the first lockdown ended, I bought loads - as I didn't want to run out of new books to read

c47c0c00311b01393ffe005056a9545d

• Advertisement

img.php?e=gif&s=c&file=TXV0dHMvMjAyMS8wMS9NdXR0cy4yMDIxMDExNV8xNTM2LmdpZg==

nutritional-advice-heyokyay-comic.png

bc011521dc.jpg

otnomart wrote: »

This I can totally relate to.

Today is really dragging for a Wednesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

This I can totally relate to.

Today is really dragging for a Wednesday[\b]!

I hope that was your funny :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PkshQI2.jpg

Loughc wrote: »
    PkshQI2.jpg

Jaysis, don't tempt fate!!

img.php?e=gif&s=c&file=VGhlQnJpbGxpYW50TWluZE9mRWRpc29uTGVlLzIwMjEvMDEvRWRpc29uLjIwMjEwMTE2XzE1MzYuZ2lm

• Advertisement

e801ec2028bf01393de1005056a9545d

Advertisement