Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Transformation

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Arduach

So clueless about the sugar. It's amazing after 15 years of sugar bloats in the media, you have some who haven't heard the message.

A tablespoon of Mayo :D

Paul won't stay the course, the way he talked about the bacon sandwich, his mouth was watering! He seems too laid back to me for the long haul. Nice fella though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Icsics

Someone should tell KT to stop the whooping & shouting, she’s really unbearable

Love the style Susannah!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,216 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

No way will susanah stick the course. Calling it now

Not sure I like the way the show is taking the p1ss out of her in a sneaky way

• Advertisement

You probably need more clothes in the frost Susannah.

Quote of the past 14 series!

On her food 'It's like when you have sex and you're satisfied but don't have orgasm'. Lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭LilacNails

She's not a great contestant for this kind of show...... Or any show where u must try hard!

LilacNails wrote: »
    She's not a great contestant for this kind of show...... Or any show where u must try hard!

Nice lady. But like Paul, fair and easy going.

A pushup is the hardest thing in the world for contestants.

a) they have well above average weight to lift with their bodies.

b) their muscle mass is very low in comparison to body fat.

The person just falls flat. Maybe leave pushups until some weight is gone, muscle added.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭jules86

Karl has their garden ruined ��

Bullies.. hope they're watching. Nothing becomes of the school bully generally. Hard for him to watch that on tv.

Good work Andrew.

She was looking head up and didn't see the ice. Bad when you fall totally unaware.

They seem like a lovely family, the Limerick lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Very supportive family there in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 18,562 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Arduach wrote: »
    They seem like a lovely family, the Limerick lady.
    KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Very supportive family there in fairness

I'd imagine it's so much easier with a supportive family.
    Cooking healthily for everyone, not just for the contestant helps too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

I don't usually watch this and won't be watching again after the bit I saw...but each to their own.

Is it always the case that the (overweight/obese) fellas have to stand there in their shorts in front of everyone while being quizzed etc.? Just seems completely unnecessary and potentially very embarrassing/demeaning for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Cole wrote: »
    I don't usually watch this and won't be watching again after the bit I saw...but each to their own.

Is it always the case that the (overweight/obese) fellas have to stand there in their shorts in front of everyone while being quizzed etc.? Just seems completely unnecessary and potentially very embarrassing/demeaning for them.

Every single year this type of comment is made.

They are leaders so the idea is to show their body type so people with similar body type will follow them.... probably more "important" in women as they've more varied body types ....pear, apple ,straight etc.

It also shows the change in body shape each week.

If they stood there in a perfectly tailored suit it would hide a multitude.

Similarly if the stood there in oversized clothes people would be saying it's a scam, they are not as heavy as they are saying they are etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

Every single year this type of comment is made.

They are leaders so the idea is to show their body type so people with similar body type will follow them.... probably more "important" in women as they've more varied body types ....pear, apple ,straight etc.

It also shows the change in body shape each week.

If they stood there in a perfectly tailored suit it would hide a multitude.

Similarly if the stood there in oversized clothes people would be saying it's a scam, they are not as heavy as they are saying they are etc.

Ah now in fairness, I don't think anyone is suggesting they would walk out in a suit or a baggy jumper. I think viewers already get a good idea/view of their body types. I can't see why they can't just stick a robe on after their weigh-in while they're standing there answering questions.

Anyway, having to spend time with Kathryn Thomas and Ray D'Arsey on the radio is embarrassing enough, so the weigh-in is probably a relief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭nightie

Seeing the guy (Conor, I think) who lost 10 stone in the last year was one of my favourite parts of tonight’s programme. The clip they showed of him doing the run last year really illustrates his journey. Hope they show more of these inspirational stories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

What I'm noticing this year, is some spouses and some children have weight issues too.
    Yes, I don't like to comment on a child's weight but one child in particular is at a concerning weight and I hope they get some benefit from OT also.

I do like how this year the families are getting more involved in doing the exercises etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

The younger male contestant, ok I understand some people aren't good at cooking. But his husband even made his sandwiches for his lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Cole wrote: »

They know what they'll be required to do on the show......theyre not forced to stay ....they secretly love the attention...hence being there..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Caught up now. I like all the leaders. Best of luck to them.

I couldn't do what they are doing, being so open and honest about themselves and their lives, on national television.

Hope they all do really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭flazio

RTÉ would want to get their public story straight. Paul wasn't allowed to go to the studio for a weigh in because he's a close contact. Fair enough. The doctor even said that despite retuning negative tests it was important to restrict movement for 2 weeks.
    Yet off he went to Donnybrook last night to appear on the Late Late Show.
    I'm sure there was plenty of caution carried out, minimum contact, masks until on air and all that but still, its a bit of a stupid move on The Late Lates part.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I thought this show is for fatties only. Why is the gay lad on it?? He is normal size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

I thought this show is for fatties only. Why is the gay lad on it?? He is normal size.

He only has a modest surplus but he's meant to represent the people who gained a stone or two in the lockdown and are finding it difficult to shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

He doesnt know how to turn on the oven.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

How did Susanna put on the half pound???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I felt bad for Susanna last night.She seemed really disheartened with Karl (not a fan so can't blame her:P) but she looked like she got her act together after that.I'd have thought she would have maintained rather than gained if anything.Especially since it was her first week weighing her food.

Advertisement