Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stephen Donnelly needs to resign after his disgraceful behavior in the Dáil earlier

• 13-01-2021 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭

#StephenDonnelly now trending on Twitter for this outburst

https://twitter.com/caulmick/status/1349435254818426882

Who the actual fúck does this lad think he is speaking to the Leas-Cheann Comhairle Catherine Connolly in this manner?

Couple this with him completely out of his depth as a Minister Of Health during a pandemic and he simply needs to go

(PS: if you listen closely @ 1' 10" in he says "unfúckingbelievable" as he sits down. Classy guy)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,943 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

ShineOn7 wrote: »

Who the actual fúck does this lad think he is speaking to the Leas-Cheann Comhairle Catherine Connolly in this manner?

Couple this with him completely out of his depth as a Minister Of Health during a pandemic and he simply needs to go

(PS: if you listen closely @ 1' 10" in he says "unfúckingbelievable" as he sits down. Classy guy)

He doesnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Nothing in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Ratty and disrespectful alright, but hardly a resigning matter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Really? Outrage culture gone mad. I'm no fan of SD, but he should have been allowed the respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,559 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Not a resigning matter but one of the worst TDs clashed with one of the best TDs and got put in his place. He is a waffler.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,678 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Who was the other td she "Brought to task". Where's your thread demanding their resignation?

I think I would mutter “unf*ckinbelievable” if I wasn’t being given the opportunity to respond to that spoofer (mcsharry)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

What's the context here?
    Looks like he was riled up well before the video starts.

Does trying to get your point across and being frustrated mean you need to resign?
    We'd all be out of jobs if we said f "unf*cking believable" under our breaths at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭KaneToad

I am not a fan of FF, have never voted for them but I don't see much wrong here. There was only 1 FF TD making a show of himself...and it wasn't Donnelly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 40,944 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The ignorance in that clip is astounding....

And its not coming from donnelly or connolly....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Listen closer

Ten replies so far.
    None agree with you.

It's not a reason to quit your job over.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

He was unnessarily prickly and should apologise.

But resign? Over that?

Ah, heyor.

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Ten replies so far.
    None agree with you.

Many more on Twitter are hearing him say "unfúckingbelievable" to Catherine Connolly than the few on here who can't

There's a reason he's trending

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Catherine Connolly. horrid piece of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭NSAman

Democracy at work!!

*cough*

(must get it looked at might be Covid)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mcsean2163

McSharry has it in one, we should build a wall around Carlow and put all those that disagree with FF into Carlow and then rape and murder them if they object like the Israeli's..... no wait, that doesn't sound right?

Twitter can hear it but some on here can't

Strange that

https://twitter.com/Catheri27062958/status/1349473542950236169

• Registered Users Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Twitter AKA The People's Court

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭boardz

You need to go back to twitter op.......more discerning group of people on this forum (in general!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tpcl20

!!!

I'm staggered.

Did you hear her talking today? About the mother and baby homes? That can not have been an easy speech to have to make.

She also showed how capable she was during Leo's leaking fiasco.

If you think she's a "horrid piece of work" there must be lizard people controlling your brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,189 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Strange that

Twitter mob 0
    Boards 10

• Registered Users Posts: 14,189 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Not true.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

The haters are salivating and rubbing their knees in glee.

Hater orgasm incoming.

I like Stephen Donnelly.

He massively does not need to resign over a bit of Dáil venting.

The haters are unbephuckinglievable. They really are.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Who gives a **** if he says un****ingbelievable as he sits down?

He was put in his place and reminded of procedure, he was allotted time to respond after this, told he had 20 seconds and started off trying to score a point against a person he wouldn't be responding to, in essence wasting his own time so the decision was made to just move on instead. He sits down frustrated obviously a mutters un****ingbelievable and someone thinks that is somehow a resigning offence, some surely think its a sign of the patriarchy and that it was a woman correcting him had anything to do with his frustration but ultimately its just noise.

McSharry is a pain in the hole, and he obviously got under SD (who I wouldn't be a fan of) skin. In this day and age that somehow constitutes news? Oh, no, not real news. Just twitter news.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 27,003 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I think we can't hear it at you only posted it three times so far...

Strange that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Where was Colin Farrell when we needed him....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nr8Jw-VYflY

GreeBo wrote: »
    I think we can't hear it at you only posted it three times so far...

Three different Tweets and comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

Where was Colin Farrell when we needed him....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nr8Jw-VYflY

Or Fater Ted “F****** Hell!!’

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

If he wasnt saying "unfckingbelieable" Id be interested to know what other posters think he is saying? I dont have any stake in it one way or the other, probably shouldnt be resigning, but surely should get some kind of reprimand and apologise, for what he said and overall his attitude.
    Im not on twitter but could see all these clips (unlike some other topics on twitter). Seems fairly obvious he has no regard for that woman and to be as someone said in one of the twitter links,

"If Stephen Donnelly has that little respect for @catherinegalway
    the chair - dictating he's responding & replying un****ing believable at the end - what does he have for us?"

Id say most politicians have no regard for the little people, voting doesn't seem to work imo, although I keep doing it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement