Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CORONAVIRUS

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

FamousDave wrote: »
    I suppose you've been 'doing your own research' on YouTube and the like?

No. I use my own brain - no one is dying from heart attack, diabetes and any other diseases.

And I see You joined the forum just to comment on covid in different places?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

loki7777 wrote: »
    No. I use my own brain - no one is dying from heart attack, diabetes and any other diseases.

Of course there were deaths from other diseases, I found the official data in less than 5 minutes

https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/fr/fr-ucd2020/analysisofunderlyingcauseofdeathdataincludingcovid-19januarytooctober2020/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,464 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

So where is now the deadly flu that people were taking vaccine for every year? Gone?
    Trust what you see in tv/papers and your life will be easier.

HVo47yY.jpg?fb

• Registered Users Posts: 45,807 ✭✭✭✭muffler

So where is now the deadly flu that people were taking vaccine for every year? Gone?
    Trust what you see in tv/papers and your life will be easier.
    There's an entire forum dedicated to Coronavrus here which is the place for you to post your comments. This thread is for local issues .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 FamousDave

You can’t even do proper research on Boards. How do you expect to survive in the real world? I joined the forum to ask a question in the Bike section. Taking the p*ss out of morons elsewhere is a nice side-effect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,948 ✭✭✭DenMan

Whoever she is I hope they throw the book at her. Hopefully the lady that was taken to hospital will be OK.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/young-woman-charged-over-serious-23333976.amp?fbclid=IwAR3vKyVC6utcvPVz0Ul_XVk0tJRweXc_ORheCTqQjFmENxz5IHMXwi4Ljg8

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭whatswhat

DenMan wrote: »
    Whoever she is I hope they throw the book at her. Hopefully the lady that was taken to hospital will be OK.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/young-woman-charged-over-serious-23333976.amp?fbclid=IwAR3vKyVC6utcvPVz0Ul_XVk0tJRweXc_ORheCTqQjFmENxz5IHMXwi4Ljg8

Nobody should have suffer abuse like that and I hope the injured lady will be OK. Our store is closed and to be honest I am glad. The amount of verbal abuse the staff were getting was unreal. Our only aim was to keep everyone, staff and customers safe, by following P.P.E. guidelines yet some customers were just rude and aggressive towards us. Having worked in Retail for many years, I have never known anything like it. Thankfully, no staff were physically harmed but it felt like it could be heading that way just before we closed. There is no need for bad attitude and behaviour towards people just trying to do their job. Agree totally with Denman's comment and hope they throw the book at the guilty one!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Relating to the recent attack on not wearing a mask.

Hard have faith in our judicial system....:mad:

https://www.oceanfm.ie/2021/01/21/sligo-woman-appears-in-sligo-district-court-today-over-hammer-attack/

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Confirmed!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

My parents were telling me today that all the beaches etc were closed. Are they only doing that in sligo? I don't think it's a nationwide thing. Seems to me there would be very very little chance of transmission in open places like the beaches. Cant see the logic!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

BronsonTB wrote: »
    Relating to the recent attack on not wearing a mask.

Hard have faith in our judicial system....:mad:

https://www.oceanfm.ie/2021/01/21/sligo-woman-appears-in-sligo-district-court-today-over-hammer-attack/

Why, because the case was put back? Did you expect a conviction already?

• Advertisement

My parents were telling me today that all the beaches etc were closed. Are they only doing that in sligo? I don't think it's a nationwide thing. Seems to me there would be very very little chance of transmission in open places like the beaches. Cant see the logic!

Not only a Sligo thing....it is nationwide & being enforced by the garda.

It's not about the beach itself. It's about people traveling outside the 5k limit to go to the beach. No issue if you live within the 5k but people were ignoring this requirement & traveling from greater distances, more traffic on roads etc.

They have asked people not to travel outside 5k for exercise, people chose to ignore so something had to be done to discourage traveling in the depths of a serious stress on our health system. Just reinforces the stay at home message.

Why, because the case was put back? Did you expect a conviction already?

Certainly didn't expect them to be out on bail for 100 for the seriousness of the attack. It wasn't by accident, person went & got a weapon & went back to inflict injury. Back out on the streets for months before a day in court...just sucks in my eyes as that person is not ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Certainly didn't expect them to out on bail for 100 for the seriousness of the attack. It wasn't by accident, person went & got a weapon & went back to inflict injury. Back out on the streets for months before a day in court...just sucks in my eyes!

Remanding someone in custody wouldn't be desirable under the current circumstances I'd imagine. 110 squid may be all the could afford - who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭whatswhat

The trouble is too many people travelled from outside their 5km areas to get to the beaches and this resulted in them becoming packed, not good. We were last at Strandhill in August last year [it is outside our 5km area but was allowed at the time] I was so shocked at how busy it was, I turned around and drove straight home. People were sat shoulder to shoulder all along the walls and benches, there were some big groups congregating, barely a mask in sight and social distancing was out the window. Fair enough that was last Summer but people are still ignoring the guidelines, I see it all the time.

The cases of the virus for Sligo back at the end of October last year were reported by RTE news as less than 300. Since then, they have rocketed and still seem to be going strong. Yesterday, 1807 cases, today 1831 these numbers are far worse than after the first lock down last year.

If things are not bad enough, we now have all the new mutant strains of the virus emerging, South Africa, Brazil etc.....with the experts saying that they don't even know if the current vaccine will be effective against them???
    These are scary times we live in and now more than ever we should be heeding the government advice and STAY HOME!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Certainly didn't expect them to be out on bail for 100 for the seriousness of the attack. It wasn't by accident, person went & got a weapon & went back to inflict injury. Back out on the streets for months before a day in court...just sucks in my eyes as that person is not ok!

My yesterdays post(s) was deleted off the OceanFM Facebook page this morning and i was saying that too many people in our prisons at the moment who may be in there for traffic offences, unpaid fines, not paying TV licence , or any other crimes where if they were let out would not dream of inflicting pain like that on another human being , especially so callously going away like that and coming back with a hammer, maybe its time to let prisoners out like that and made some room for people who need to be taken off the streets. the poor victim who had to go to hospital I bet she was terrified and I bet she is still terrified now. She wouldnt know that the person might not come back to 'finish off the job' or might bump into her again in Sligo. - it got over 30 likes the post I put on the OceanFM page so a lot of people agreed with me . As I say it seems OceanFM have deleted my comment.

Seems so strange the assailant was let out on bail like this - I dont care what the reason being absolutely honest, whether it was a case of the perpetrator never being in trouble before or that it was out of character and even if reports that she handed herself in - whats done has been done and if she does need help then a custodial sentence with no chance of bail and she can get some help whilst she is in custody whether that be for mental health issues or anger issues or whatever it lead to her coming back with a weapon/hammer like that and inflicting that assult on the shop worker. at least the victim can get some safety and possibly any other member of the public that the assailant may decide to do this heinous kind of attack again!

I see it's been reported that a few in Glencarrig Estate are having parties despite the lockdown. Wonder will the Sligo IT actually act on the students involved?

UL have said they will take action on those that partied recently in Castletroy. (Few arrested & fines given out)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,948 ✭✭✭DenMan

I see it's been reported that a few in Glencarrig Estate are having parties despite the lockdown. Wonder will the Sligo IT actually act on the students involved?

UL have said they will take action on those that partied recently in Castletroy. (Few arrested & fines given out)

Did UL not say that if any of their students were caught partying during the lockdown that they would be instantly dismissed from the university and off their courses? I thought they did and that would be a much more appropriate action. Myabe the students weren't even students there, they may have been Limerick and Clare ETB students. It'll be interesting to see what happens and also in the Glencarrig Estate here if images or videos emerge online.

DenMan wrote: »
    Did UL not say that if any of their students were caught partying during the lockdown that they would be instantly dismissed from the university and off their courses?

They may have previously but UL seem to be saying now any sanctions are just temporary rather than full expulsion. Seems to be a lot of tolerance in all colleges towards covid rule breakers rather than any long term consequences.(Just students being students attitude).
    Not heard anything from Sligo IT on what they have to say on the recent Glencarrig party.

Advertisement