Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clear History (RTÉ)

• 07-01-2021 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,905 ✭✭✭✭

Missed it tonight, is it worth catching up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

No

• Registered Users Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493b1bs820480wk3ckrxdckzgqx3mjpus845zgj25z64&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,905 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I wanted it to work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I am sure it will get a repeat

Who was Kevin McGahern guests?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I like comedy and I like Ireland and I just want enjoy both like in the old days :)

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Laura something, Luke O'Neill who has managed to make a "celebrity"career out of a deadly virus,Colin Murphy and Joanne McNally

• Registered Users Posts: 12,940 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Laura something, Luke O'Neill who has managed to make a "celebrity"career out of a deadly virus,Colin Murphy and Joanne McNally

Luke O' Neill = male Ciara Kelly.

To thine own self be true

Thats a tad harsh

• Registered Users Posts: 12,940 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Thats a tad harsh

Why so?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

was it funny at all? anything like the panel? I searched Twitter and all I could find talking about it were people involved in the show. It's crazy how much TV has changed when most young people that this is targeted at barely watch live TV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭thesandeman

It wasn't the worst to be honest. A couple of funny bits. Much better than the TV3 attempt last week.
    They managed to keep McNally reasonably quiet which was a big bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭fluke

What I caught of it was fairly reaching. Seemed set up for a studio audience, and that made the proceedings really empty.

i'm watching it now it's not bad, i see Joanne worked in peeorre ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

was it funny at all? anything like the panel? I searched Twitter and all I could find talking about it were people involved in the show. It's crazy how much TV has changed when most young people that this is targeted at barely watch live TV

A bit of action on twitter, all positive. On closer inspection the tweets all came from other "budding" comics and friends of the guests.

It was abysmal... well the usual tripe RTÉ dishes out. I'm old enough now to not expect too much quality in original Rté comedy.

Luke is everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭LapsypaCork

I enjoyed it and don’t normally enjoy panel shows, depends on the guests and their/your sense of humour I suppose so give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Tried it but turned off after a few minutes...That Joanne "like" McNally "like " one ...couldnt listen to her...saying the word "like" after every word is (to me ) a sign of ignorance ...ask Judge Judy....next they'll be saying " i axed ".......shudders....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭trashcan

I’m a fan of Colin Murphy. RTE should give him his own show back. The Blizzard of Oz was good (at least I remember it being funny. ) Think Charlie Brooker, but before Charlie Brooker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

trashcan wrote: »
    I’m a fan of Colin Murphy. RTE should give him his own show back. The Blizzard of Oz was good (at least I remember it being funny. ) Think Charlie Brooker, but before Charlie Brooker.

Blizzard Of Odd was class. Loved that weekly section about bad Irish movies.

I’m enjoying it Senator lynn ruanne has my vote for the park :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭thesandeman

I’m enjoying it Senator lynn ruanne has my vote for the park :)

She definitely wasn't doing the typical 'politician' act.

She definitely wasn't doing the typical 'politician' act.

Imagine Michael Martin running for president and all respectable and serious and thing “Michael we have obtained cctv of you naked pissing in the corridor of trinity college shouting corcaigh Abu”

if they remove the actual theme of the show it would be better, for example the idea is a guest to remove something from their history, meaning 2 of them need to come up with something new every week, which is stupid ....

maybe it's time to go back to the panel approach

Blizzard Of Odd was class. Loved that weekly section about bad Irish movies.

i recommend "moving target"

A new series is back

surely the team captains have told us everything in series 1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭RoTelly

It's like WILTY but not as funny.

Team captain's are Joanne McNally and Jason Byrne. Always get her mixed up with Hilary Rose, always disappointed when its Joanne :(

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭RoTelly

Anyone willing to watch even the first episode, 7 tweets after the showed aired and now a day later. 7!

4 were positive

3 were negative

Not great when you are not getting a response on social media, anyone see anything on any other social media sites?

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

I’ll watch it now in a bit back in an hour 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭French Toast

Gave it maybe 10 minutes. Strange enough concept in general. Jason Byrne is still a pain in the hole, at least he's consistent.

Advertisement