Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Request for PV sticky thread

• 12-01-2021 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

While trying to self-build my solar setup I am finding a lot of answers to my questions by reading over a lot of threads. It would be great if there was a DIY thread where people could dump their setup and give an indication of what components they used and some details about them.

Of course I would started one if I had built mine at this stage so hoping some of the lads that have completed theirs might kick one off? I am not overly concerned with costs more the nuggets about how the install went and any issues they had to overcome.

Just a thought.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭irishchris

While trying to self-build my solar setup I am finding a lot of answers to my questions by reading over a lot of threads. It would be great if there was a DIY thread where people could dump their setup and give an indication of what components they used and some details about them.

Of course I would started one if I had built mine at this stage so hoping some of the lads that have completed theirs might kick one off? I am not overly concerned with costs more the nuggets about how the install went and any issues they had to overcome.

Just a thought.

Excellent idea and would be massively helpful for many DIY installers here. Halfway through my self install ground mount system myself but still lots to do and would be great to refer to the thread to see how others got over certain hurdles with their installs

Advertisement