Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RIP thread for people involved in film

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Her husband receives a phonecall saying she is alive in the middle of an interview. this whole thing stinks.

He's fairly punching there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭MfMan

Cazale wrote: »
    Hammer horror star Barbara Shelley has died of covid 19.

Aww shame. She was luminous in such as Quatermass and the Pit, The Gorgon etc. Fine looking woman in her day. Nearly made the 90 too.

Cazale wrote: »
    He's fairly punching there.

Yeah, I'd like it confirmed from herself she is his girlfriend. And as for the Aha Aha crying. Give me a break.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Soooooooo fake. As if it wasn't bad enough for the families of those who have actually died!!! That's a disgusting publicity stunt, even if just on his part and the poor woman is actually critically ill.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

She has now died
    https://mol.im/a/9114919

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,648 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Such a weird story. I pity the family who've had to go through this.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

She was critical and in isolation so the premature death was just that, she has now died very sad situation and not at all a publicity stunt. Just stupid people representing her in a very bad way.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,899 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

She was critical and in isolation so the premature death was just that, she has now died very sad situation and not at all a publicity stunt. Just stupid people representing her in a very bad way.

I think this kind of stuff is almost inevitable when there's this bizarre rush to declare celebrity deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,793 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Whatever way this turns out, the publicist needs firing.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Whatever way this turns out, the publicist needs firing.

Pretty sure the publicist is out of a job regardless. What with their client being dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Barbara Shelley star of a number of Hammer horror movies incl Dracula Prince of Darkness has died after contracting c19, aged 88.

image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Skyknight

Marion Ramsey (Officer Laverne Hooks in the Police Academy movies) has died, aged 73

• Registered Users Posts: 60,278 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Michael Apted has died aged 79 RIP

Director of the fantastic 7up documentary series along with Coal Miner’s Daughter, The World Is Not Enough, Gorillas in the Mist and Gorky Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Michael Apted has died aged 79 RIP

Director of the fantastic 7up documentary series along with Coal Miner’s Daughter, The World Is Not Enough, Gorillas in the Mist and Gorky Park.

I'm genuinely sorry to hear that. His name became synonymous with the 7Up series which I loved. It will be hard to imagine someone else interviewing them if they do another one. It was only in the last year that I discovered he directed Gorillas in the Mist, a great film. I did not know he directed The World is Not Enough, one of the more banal James Bond films.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭MfMan

Passed away during last year, John Ericson. Played the impressionable kid Pete in Bad Day At Black Rock, and in a whole host of 70s TV series.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,278 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Antonio Sabato Sr has died aged 77 RIP

He starred in Grand Prix, One Dollar Too Many & Escape From The Bronx among others.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭gigantic09

Skyknight wrote: »
    Marion Ramsey (Officer Laverne Hooks in the Police Academy movies) has died, aged 73

Hard to believe she was 73.where does the time go.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,122 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

gigantic09 wrote: »

the first police academy film was 37 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

gigantic09 wrote: »

Time and tide as they say.
    I rewatched Police Academy last night on Netflix. She was 37 when it was made and I swear you'd only take her for mid to late 20s looking at her.

Kind of sad how she ended up. As she never married or had kids. Only family was three brothers accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭gigantic09

Her voice gave her a childlike quality in those movies as well. I suppose not seeing someone in so long, you always picture them as they were. Nowadays is somebody famous is out of the spotlight for a few months we get a 'whatever happened to' story on one of those clickbait sites.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Director Steve Carver has died of heart attack at 75.

He was part of the huge Roger Corman alumni who's career took off in the 70s - best known for Big Bad Mama (Angie Dickinson giving it gangbusters in the roaring 20s) and two Chuck Norris films Eye for an Eye with Lee Van Cleef and Lone Wolf McQuaid with Barbara Carrera

Speaking of genre talent - Julie Strain star of any number of Cinemax type late night cable epics has died at just 58 from dementia, created due to a fall in her 20s.

Autobiography called - 6'1" and worth the climb. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,122 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Director Steve Carver has died of heart attack at 75.

He was part of the huge Roger Corman alumni who's career took off in the 70s - best known for Big Bad Mama (Angie Dickinson giving it gangbusters in the roaring 20s) and two Chuck Norris films Eye for an Eye with Lee Van Cleef and Lone Wolf McQuaid with Barbara Carrera

Speaking of genre talent - Julie Strain star of any number of Cinemax type late night cable epics has died at just 58 from dementia, created due to a fall in her 20s.

Autobiography called - 6'1" and worth the climb. :)

The only place I can see Julie Strains death mentioned is on wikipedia. I know there were reports of her death last year that proved false.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

Kind of sad how she ended up. As she never married or had kids. Only family was three brothers accordingly.

Is there some detail you're leaving out? Not everyone wants to get married and have kids, doesn't mean she didn't lead a perfectly happy life.

Is there some detail you're leaving out? Not everyone wants to get married and have kids, doesn't mean she didn't lead a perfectly happy life.

How do you want to go?
    Be surrounded by a loving partner, kids and even grandkids as you leave this existence? Or be on your lonesome.

Sure, let's take what you said on board. Maybe she did enjoy not having a husband/kids. I never knew Miss Ramsey. But neither did you. People have regrets at the end.

All I made was a respectful comment of saying sad - that It's nice to hear when someone has loads of people around then when they go. Did that some how upset you that you had to question what I said? Did you get out of bed the wrong way?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

How do you want to go?
    Be surrounded by a loving partner, kids and even grandkids as you leave this existence? Or be on your lonesome.

Sure, let's take what you said on board. Maybe she did enjoy not having a husband/kids. I never knew Miss Ramsey. But neither did you. People have regrets at the end.

All I made was a respectful comment of saying sad - that It's nice to hear when someone has loads of people around then when they go. Did that some how upset you that you had to question what I said? Did you get out of bed the wrong way?
    I just found it to be a really odd statement. That's why I asked if you had some detail that you left out. But it seems you didn't, you just assumed she died unhappy and alone because she wasn't married with kids.

No, I didn't know her myself either, that's why I didn't make any assumptions.

I just found it to be a really odd statement. That's why I asked if you had some detail that you left out. But it seems you didn't, you just assumed she died unhappy and alone because she wasn't married with kids.

No, I didn't know her myself either, that's why I didn't make any assumptions.

I noticed you did not say RIP or any words in relation to her passing. You got back to some chap who said sad how she ended. That was the only thing that interested you.
    No "ah she was great in police academy" or anything to that effect even. No doubt you'll try and backtrack by saying some guff now.

Now, you say assumptions. Well from our limited interaction it is my assumption that you are not really a nice person.

So jog on mate. Get your kicks else where.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Guys... take it elsewhere please. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,901 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jessica Campbell has died aged 38, she was in Election

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Jessica Campbell has died aged 38, she was in Election

Gutted about that.

She was Tammy Metzler in Election.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Music producer and convicted murderer Phil Spector dies at 81
    his music was featured in all sorts of films , a few of martin scorsese's and the al pacino film about his court case

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0117/1190314-phil-spector-death/

Advertisement