Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Old reading material

• 01-01-2021 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Some of My old reading material has resurfaced be good to look back over them, sporting gun and shooting news, mainly 80s 90s but also a couple from 1978 at a whopping 5p each, I'm pretty sure I didn't buy them two.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Must be catching, found a pile of old shooting mags in a chest in the attic yesterday. Nothing before the 90s which now that i think of it still makes them nearly 30 years old.

What do you do with yours, the general "you". Keep them, dump them, sort them into piles and do both?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Johnner2

I'm a terrible hoarder, I don't like throwing things out, I have them hidden in boxes, I also have dozens of angling magazines from around the same years, angling would be my main passion, trying to get myself back into a bit of shooting. Bought another rifle last week just waiting on the paperwork. Like for like getting rid of a brno iv had about 25years for a newer version.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭JP22

Johnner2 wrote: »
    I'm a terrible hoarder, I don't like throwing things out, I have them hidden in boxes, I also have dozens of angling magazines from around the same years, angling would be my main passion, trying to get myself back into a bit of shooting. Bought another rifle last week just waiting on the paperwork. Like for like getting rid of a brno iv had about 25years for a newer version.

Johnner.

What type of Brno did you get rid of. The model no 4 was supposed to be very accurate.

JP22 wrote: »
    Johnner.

What type of Brno did you get rid of. The model no 4 was supposed to be very accurate.
    its even better it a mod 5 from 1947 as far as I know. Never let me down head shots all day long.

its even better it a mod 5 from 1947 as far as I know. Never let me down head shots all day long.

Would love to get my hands on one. Those model 5's (ZKM 573) were supposed to be the best, made from 58 to 78 I think.

• Advertisement

I think the serial number states its 1947, I can send you pictures if your interested in it. I remember a bit of interest in it before on an old group I was on.

I might stick put it out on the sale section see what interest is there for it.

I might stick put it out on the sale section see what interest is there for it.

Good idea Jonner, there is always interest in old guns.

I might be interested, depend on price of course, what with Covid/work etc, cash is tight all round this year.

Roll on 2021 and lets hope thing get better and under control Covid wise.

JP22 wrote: »
    Good idea Jonner, there is always interest in old guns.

I might be interested, depend on price of course, what with Covid/work etc, cash is tight all round this year.

Roll on 2021 and lets hope thing get better and under control Covid wise.
    its up there 250ovno

Advertisement