Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Interclub 2021

• 04-01-2021 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all,

Anyone have any insight or news on Interclub formats under the new WHS. I've been in contact with the Leinster Branch, but the announcement keeps bring pushed out?

I'm wondering what bands, upper and lower limits they will now use under WHS.

For example, will Junior Cup drop to a minimum of 2 or 3 instead of 4 last year. Will Barton Cup remain at a combined 14?

The GUI had originally announced that this would be confirmed in late 2020, but still no updates. Hard enough to plan teams for 2021 with Covid restrictions, but it would be nice to start looking through eligible squads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Hi all,

Anyone have any insight or news on Interclub formats under the new WHS. I've been in contact with the Leinster Branch, but the announcement keeps bring pushed out?

For example, will Junior Cup drop to a minimum of 2 or 3 instead of 4 last year. Will Barton Cup remain at a combined 14?

The GUI had originally announced that this would be confirmed in late 2020, but still no updates. Hard enough to plan teams for 2021 with Covid restrictions, but it would be nice to start looking through eligible squads.

We'll be lucky if interclub goes ahead thus year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭slingerz

We'll be lucky if interclub goes ahead thus year.

I wouldn’t agree. We managed it last year in the middle of the pandemic and now we have the vaccine roll out I’d suggest interclub is very likely over the summer

Now I wouldn’t expect the GUI to be proactive about communication or setting out the bands for interclub

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Poker Face

Hi all,

During a meeting about the new WHS it was said that the new bands for inter club competitions would be decided by the end of Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Have clubs even had notification of having too pay their entry fees yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Wouldn't want to miss closing date again KR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

No correspondence received in our club yet anyway. Cant say I'm surprised as it's all up in the air at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Poker Face

Limits are out for this years competitions. Clubs have until end of month to enter teams. Have not time to post all but Junior Cup limit is 2.5. Breun limit 3.5, min combination of paring is 14. Purcell limit 10.5, min combination of paring is 25. Its your Handicap Index that it is based off.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭CFG92

Poker Face wrote: »
    Limits are out for this years competitions. Clubs have until end of month to enter teams. Have not time to post all but Junior Cup limit is 2.5. Breun limit 3.5, min combination of paring is 14. Purcell limit 10.5, min combination of paring is 25. Its your Handicap Index that it is based off.

Anyone have a link to the document? Nothing on the Golf Ireland website yet.

Can't forward as I got as email but basically as in PP where the combined is 25 and lowest allowed Handicap index is 10.5 it means that a 10.5&14.5 are eligible but a 10.8 & 14.1 are not even though both round up to 25..1st pair is 25 exact 2nd pair is 24.9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

I have a copy here.

I would say very much a trial

Post highlight big changes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Myself and one of my friends both got 7.1 in the new system..... Hello Jimmy Bruen! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭willabur

It's Barton 4 ball again?

willabur wrote: »
    It's Barton 4 ball again?

I scanned there and you would say that all comps are back to original

But I would say that it is actually tbd

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DaveQuinn2020

Full document published at lunch time today.

Headlines -

- No change to Senior Cup or Barton Shield obviously.
    - Using exact Handicap Indices as of 1st Jan.

Junior Cup Cut Off 2.5
    Barton Cup - No change, but using exact handicaps rather than rounded.
    Metro Cut Off 8.5
    Jimmy Bruen - No less than 3.5 and combined not lower than 14
    Pierce Purcell - No less than 10.5, and combined not lower than 25
    All Ireland Fourball - No less than 14.5, and combined not lower than 34

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Salvadoor

Fourball still due to covid or back to Foursomes?

Salvadoor wrote: »
    Fourball still due to covid or back to Foursomes?

It looks like they are leaving open to 4somes but not committing

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DaveQuinn2020

Interclub draws and proposed dates have just been released
    https://www.golfireland.ie/inter-club#/customer/1759/schedule/2021/0

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Neewollah

Thanks for that.....

What is the All Ireland Fourball and the difference between Barton Shield and Barton Cup?

Neewollah wrote: »
    Thanks for that.....

What is the All Ireland Fourball and the difference between Barton Shield and Barton Cup?

All Ireland fourball is min handicap 14.5, team adds to 34

• Registered Users Posts: 38 NedBagg

Neewollah wrote: »
    Thanks for that.....

Barton shield is for scratch handicappers ..2 teams of 2..in 4somes.. aggregate score of the 2 teams in matchplay.ie combined number of holes you won by in the 2 games ...where Barton Cup is leinster only ..team of 2.. combined handicap of 14 with no limit on handicaps and it is 4somes ..matchplay ..played off scratch ..handicaps were slightly different last year when it was 4 ball due to covid...Best of 5 games.. 3 at home 2 away or vice versa depending on the draw..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭KevH1984

I feel slightly aggrieved regarding the new cut off point for the Junior Cup. Under WHS the new cut off point is 2.5 which means people off 3 can now play, limit was 3.5 (4) previously under old system. However my new WHS handicap is 2.3 which is where the 3 handicap band now begins. Even though I'm off 3 same as someone off 2.5 I cannot now compete against them in the Junior Cup which is highly frustrating. It would make sense to me to have the cut off at 2.3 and allow all 3 handicappers be eligible and not just some. I appreciate there probably won't be all that many getting caught out like me, it's just really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

For cut offs is it based on lowest 2020 handicap or handicap at 1st January 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

KevH1984 wrote: »
    I feel slightly aggrieved regarding the new cut off point for the Junior Cup. Under WHS the new cut off point is 2.5 which means people off 3 can now play, limit was 3.5 (4) previously under old system. However my new WHS handicap is 2.3 which is where the 3 handicap band now begins. Even though I'm off 3 same as someone off 2.5 I cannot now compete against them in the Junior Cup which is highly frustrating. It would make sense to me to have the cut off at 2.3 and allow all 3 handicappers be eligible and not just some. I appreciate there probably won't be all that many getting caught out like me, it's just really annoying.

This doesn't make sense to me. How does a 2.3 hcap index be included in 3 hcap band?
    You sure you are not taking course hcap into account?

benji79 wrote: »
    For cut offs is it based on lowest 2020 handicap or handicap at 1st January 2021

1st of Jan 2021 I believe

redzerdrog wrote: »
    1st of Jan 2021 I believe

Is there a requirement to have returned a certain number of cards in 2020? I think that used to be the case before. But I guess with lockdown if someone had a handicap on 1st January they’d have had to have done a bit last year

benji79 wrote: »
    Is there a requirement to have returned a certain number of cards in 2020? I think that used to be the case before. But I guess with lockdown if someone had a handicap on 1st January they’d have had to have done a bit last year

Could be wrong but think its if you haven't returned 20 counting cards for hcap purposes over the previous 2 years then the committee can make a judgement on eligibility. Or something along those lines

It does say they will consider the reduced playing time over the past year also I think

The only proviso for interclub golf this year is that you have a registered handicap index on Jan 1st 2021.

Golfhead65 wrote: »
    The only proviso for interclub golf this year is that you have a registered handicap index on Jan 1st 2021.

Suppose it’s probably just as easy to start everything fresh with a new system in place. Add in that it’s all happening around lockdowns etc so not ideal timing

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Golf 247

Does any one know for Barton Cup if combined minimum of 14.0 is an exact combined or can pairs be combined at 14.2, 14.8 etc with no upper limit?

• Advertisement

Golf 247 wrote: »
    Does any one know for Barton Cup if combined minimum of 14.0 is an exact combined or can pairs be combined at 14.2, 14.8 etc with no upper limit?

No upper limit. Sure most clubs wouldnt be able field a team

That rule was a disaster last year

Advertisement