Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New BMW i3 App.

• 11-01-2021 12:18pm

New App called "My BMW"

Not much difference to be honest but some cool features like this time being able to see chargers but unfortunately it's probably not frequently updated and it shows the Carlow DC charger down as 22 Kw AC and the new Ionity chargers at Kill don't show up on it so God know how many more errors there are.

Only really useful think with the new app is that now it shows how many Kwh went into the car on the last charge, so whether this is energy to the battery or total energy including that taken from the mains including charger consumption I do not know but it's nice to have.

For instance, it showed that from 62% It put back 14 Kwh but there's a ~ after this so this could mean give or take lol.

It says I plugged in at 62% which is correct so this means I should have replaced 38% and if I have around 28.5 Kwh in the battery then this should be 17.67 Kwh I should have replaced so the only explanation is that my mats Shyte or it's because of that buffer, so 3 odd Kwh buffer at the top might explain that, I can't use the last 6.5% anyway because that's the lower buffer for the rex but the real buffer might be 12%.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

If it's like the Mini app, you can probably set a tariff per charger. I was able to set my rate and it gives me a cost.
    It even gives me a Savings figure for using the times tariffs.

liamog wrote: »
    If it's like the Mini app, you can probably set a tariff per charger. I was able to set my rate and it gives me a cost.
    It even gives me a Savings figure for using the times tariffs.

Where do you get this info ? doesn't show up on mine.

One thing that really bugs me with the i3 is that there's no way to set a charge to % or charge for xx hrs, I find this really ridiculous.

It would be good to know also how many Kwh were taken at peak time because I'm still on the 3.5 Kw EVSE and if I get home with a very low charge it charges up for a while to make sure it's charged for the morning.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Mine shows up under

Charging Sessions > Charging History > then click on an individual session

3QU0SZV.jpg?1yIz38Lj.jpg?1

liamog wrote: »
    Mine shows up under

Charging Sessions > Charging History > then click on an individual session

3QU0SZV.jpg?1yIz38Lj.jpg?1

Looks like you're on Android but can't see the option to edit tariff on IOS.

Advertisement