Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Would be great if we could stop certain users seeing our posts

Options
  • 08-01-2021 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭

When we put someone on ignore it would be great if it actually blocked them.

And they couldn't see our posts or our accounts etc.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Not going to happen. It's a public website.

If there is something you don't want someone to see do not post it on this site. It really is that simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Beasty wrote: »
    Not going to happen. It's a public website.

If there is something you don't want someone to see do not post it on this site. It really is that simple.
    Its not that i don't want the public to see it

Its that certain users go around looking for a fight ...on any topic

I think it would be nice to be able to block these people from seeing my tweets.

Not everyone is going to get along.

If i don't like a poster then it would be nice to be able to block them.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

If, even before you post your points, you expect other posters to challenge these aggressively- that reads as if the point is an extreme one.

If you post within Boards ToC and the relevant charters, you have nothing to worry about.

Should another user, by challenging or questioning this point, break these same rules - that's on them.

It reads very much like your current signature.
    Look at my posts ABC, but not D which is only for like-minded people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭This is it

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    If, even before you post your points, you expect other posters to challenge these aggressively- that reads as if the point is an extreme one.

I don't agree with that at all. There are some posters on boards that if you said the grass was green they would venomently deny it, because that's just what they do.

For what it's worth, I don't agree with blocking others from reading your posts. If you have an issue put them on ignore and leave it at that, if they break T&C's then report them.

Grass varies from yellow, green, brown, purple, loads of colours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,799 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I think it would be nice to be able to block these people from seeing my tweets.

But this isnt twitter

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

Twitter do that and it's a disaster. It allows people to ignore and hide from everyone they disagree with without ever engaging with them (they block people based on who likes posts even) and live in an isolated little bubble that will only reinforce their own views without ever challenging them.

Advertisement