Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

When will it all end?

• 10-01-2021 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

When will things go back to normal?

With vaccines now available will we be here In January 2022 with covid dominating the news headlines? I would love to know.
    Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

With vaccines now available will we be here In January 2022 with covid dominating the news headlines? I would love to know.

It won't be dominating the news in January 2022. It may still be a news item.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭HalfAndHalf

Not this year is my realistic view. Positive view is maybe by Xmas this year.

Vaccine rollout will be slower than they say and then we’ll have supply issues.

The people who haven’t followed the rules so far will go mad in the summer months causing lockdown 4 with the HSE saying we’re too close now to go back to square one.

Just my view of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

They'll still try and make you wear masks for flu season. I wouldn't be surprised if the pub time limit restrictions remained. Holohan ain't going away unless his book deal is spectacular. Although he probably won't be able to walk away from a role where he can control people.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

It won't end!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Holohan ain't going away unless his book deal is spectacular. Although he probably won't be able to walk away from a role where he can control people.

:rolleyes:

(it doesn't deserve more effort than a smilie)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

I am hopeful for the summer. If people just stick with the agenda for a few more months then we can all get some normal back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,258 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Cerveza wrote: »
    I am hopeful for the summer. If people just stick with the agenda for a few more months then we can all get some normal back.

1st heard this in March 2020

Absolutely no chance that things will be back to normal in 6 months, we won’t even be out of full lockdown for another month at least. They’ll barely have the over 60’s vaccinated by then either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

I wonder what we will be arguing, on the internet, about when all this is finally over

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Things are normal now.

Just a new normal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭prunudo

It won't end!

I'd agree with this, it will get better but don't think it will ever go away. Hopefully come April we'll be back to some sort of level 2 or 3 type restrictions. Beyond that, Jan 2020 style normal may be a long long time away.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭ByTheSea2019

I saw Matt Hancock in the UK saying most likely we need vaccination on an annual basis. If it takes a year to vaccinate the population, we'll need a group of professionals dedicated to doing this as their permanent job.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

This world will end in August 2021. Better book that tkt to Mars.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I saw Matt Hancock in the UK saying most likely we need vaccination on an annual basis. If it takes a year to vaccinate the population, we'll need a group of professionals dedicated to doing this as their permanent job.

Will it be free again next year??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

. Although he probably won't be able to walk away from a role where he can control people.

Chief Medical Officer in shock attempt to try and protect people's health!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

The old curse of "it'll be over by Christmas" strikes again.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭ByTheSea2019

No idea whether the vaccine will be free every year. Imagine it would have to be to incentivise everyone to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Expect things to improve this year but we won't be out of the woods. My expectation as a 33 year old healthy individual is not to be vaccinated this year. I expect them to have to loop back around to the people being vaccinated now before it gets to me.

Sure Trump could pull a hissy and press the red button in the next 10 days the way he is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

There's plenty of out of their head heroin addicts who manage to inject themselves regularly so surely it can't be that hard to train sober people to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

I think it will follow the path of the Spanish flu and we will be dealing with it until March/April 2022. It will more than likely just disappear and like another poster said, we I'll need to be vaccinated for it annually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭snowcat

Next 2 weeks are critical.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭antimatterx

When would vaccines be available to people in their mid 20s? Probably Fall by the looks of things?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

1st heard this in March 2020

We are a year on now, think about it.

snowcat wrote: »
    Next 2 weeks are critical.

Care to elaborate on how or why?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sooner rather than later hopefully

Think we cant have a repeat of last summer with us still in a very strong lockdown with most of Europe opened up. Cant see Dr Tony letting go of his hold on the pubs

We are a year on now, think about it.

Yep and the cases now are exponentially higher than a year ago. So what are we thinking about, not sure what point you’re making.

Care to elaborate on how or why?!?!

Google it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭antimatterx

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Sooner rather than later hopefully

Think we cant have a repeat of last summer with us still in a very strong lockdown with most of Europe opened up. Cant see Dr Tony letting go of his hold on the pubs

They should have vaccination centres in a pub, once you get a vaccine, you can order a pint (without food). I guarantee it would increase uptake.

Yep and the cases now are exponentially higher than a year ago. So what are we thinking about, not sure what point you’re making.

Cases are but we were not testing a year ago.

• Advertisement

snowcat wrote: »
    Google it

Wow great input. Thanks for coming, you’ve been very helpful!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement