Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Whoop Band - Fitness Tracker

• 09-01-2021 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

Happy new year all :)

I’ve been using a Fitbit Charge 2 for the last couple years to track my runs/heartbeat/sleep.

Recently seen some good reviews for the Whoop 3 - has anyone used a Whoop before and recommend it?

https://michaelkummer.com/health/whoop-strap-review/

The above might be a sponsored review so I’m not taking it as gospel but does sound pretty good as an upgrade to a Fitbit.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,390 ✭✭✭Trampas

BlondeBomb wrote: »
    Happy new year all :)

I’ve been using a Fitbit Charge 2 for the last couple years to track my runs/heartbeat/sleep.

Recently seen some good reviews for the Whoop 3 - has anyone used a Whoop before and recommend it?

https://michaelkummer.com/health/whoop-strap-review/

The above might be a sponsored review so I’m not taking it as gospel but does sound pretty good as an upgrade to a Fitbit.

Thanks in advance

There’s a monthly sub with it I think.

You’d get the same features etc with a garmin watch and the likes for no extra charge. Like always I’d take the stats with a pitch of salt then anything exact.

You could be lying in bed wide awake and not be moving and they’ll probably say you are fast asleep

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

DC Rainmakers review of it isn’t very good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

Another review of it here, mentions dodgy HR accuracy for sports but apart from that reasonably positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭jfh

Just a quick response, I had it two years ago, might have improved since then, but band fell apart after 6 months, know that has been changed since but for the money spent, you'd expect it to last. Also max heart rate was always about 15 beats higher than chest strap.
    I had unexplained high hrv days after very high strain days. Also very hard to fit it in with a training plan as some days you have to train regardless of what the whoop is advising.
    Also doesn't take into account injuries or muscle soreness, hrv might be indicating ready to train hard.

Advertisement