Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Using Revolut to Transfer Fiat to Exchanges

• 09-01-2021 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Probably been covered somewhere in a thread, but just dont have the time to look, but has anyone done it and how quick was it?

As your account to Revolut is instantanious almost and I would imagine Revolut wouldnt have the delays to transfer to an exchange to sanction the transfer maybe?

Right now AIB are saying it could take over a week to transfer to Binance which is ridiculous due to backlogs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,440 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Revolut have a number exchanges excluded from SEPA deposits.
    Kraken and others, it may have changed recently but it was a factor in my not using them as an on ramp anymore.

Have used N26 for this purpose for almost 2yrs without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,747 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Probably been covered somewhere in a thread, but just dont have the time to look, but has anyone done it and how quick was it?

As your account to Revolut is instantanious almost and I would imagine Revolut wouldnt have the delays to transfer to an exchange to sanction the transfer maybe?

Right now AIB are saying it could take over a week to transfer to Binance which is ridiculous due to backlogs

Seconds for me. Coinbase -> Revolut -> Bank account. The other direction I can't remember, there might be a delay from the Bank account -> Revolut part.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Bruno Mannheim

banie01 wrote: »
    Revolut have a number exchanges excluded from SEPA deposits.
    Kraken and others, it may have changed recently but it was a factor in my not using them as an on ramp anymore.

Have used N26 for this purpose for almost 2yrs without issue.

completed a transfer earlier, bank to revolut to exchange
    test transfer took 1hr
    subsequent one took about 1min

AIB saying over a week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

Yip revolut to coinbase took an hour or so ��

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Spanishpoint

deegs wrote: »
    Yip revolut to coinbase took an hour or so ��

Yeah, it is not the fastest but it works

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Yeah, it is not the fastest but it works

I tried revolut yesterday on coinbase but it came back saying unsupported merchant

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

I've transferred from Revolut to Binance a few times. Lighting fast ranging from seconds to a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Bruno Mannheim

WIZWEB wrote: »
    I've transferred from Revolut to Binance a few times. Lighting fast ranging from seconds to a few minutes.

have you done similar in opposite direction?

Advertisement