Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gamepass quests Microsoft Redeem points

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

the fact we dont get that punch card that rewards hunter has on his vid is a disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭Treppen

recyclops wrote: »
    the fact we dont get that punch card that rewards hunter has on his vid is a disgrace

They're getting an extra couple of thousands points.... On top of the bing searches and all that .
    Madness

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Treppen wrote: »
    They're getting an extra couple of thousands points.... On top of the bing searches and all that .
    Madness

Yeah emigration has it's advantages even if it means my kids have funny accents and I have to import decent tea bags from home.

I've done about 7k points in the last 2 days with very little effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dreamwalker1

7k in the last two days and you are from Ireland? Sure!!

Location hint in my signature.

2k punch card
    4k+ from game walkthroughs - stuff like Fractured Minds, 5 Nights at Freddies took about 15 mins each.
    And then the normal start of the month quests/searches so yeah, not far off 7k. Didn't do any today mind (dang work getting in the way)

• Advertisement

Didn't know 4k points was available from game walkthroughs - you must have a great weekly streak built up. I find it a struggle to get so many points to be honest and wish Ireland had way more available reward point wise like the UK or USA. Still, love the xbox so can't complain too much!!

He lives in UK :(

Still trying dead by daylight. Can manage to get one match then killed instantly then hanging around lobby for hours.

Figured he lived in the UK! I got the Dead by Daylight - I found the best time to find matches was at around 10-11am. I just followed around another player till he got grabbed and then rescued him followed by healing. It's an annoying quest which requires luck which is always a pain! Add me if you like and that way you can follow me around till I get grabbed and heal me - ElvishNebula202

Yeah my work laptop is UK based (servers) so o am racking up points that way but the other stuff is stupidly unfair.

Managed dead by daylight took around 8 games or so. All happend in the meat factory map which seemed easiest to heal in for some reason. Like said above I played a few games early in the day.

Didn't know 4k points was available from game walkthroughs - you must have a great weekly streak built up. I find it a struggle to get so many points to be honest and wish Ireland had way more available reward point wise like the UK or USA. Still, love the xbox so can't complain too much!!

Nope, the current promo has 10k available. All gamerscore accumulated up to the end of the month (I think) goes towards rewards points. There was also 2k for actually activating the punch card. There are a good bunch of games with super quick walkthroughs/cheats that are good for 1k points each.

I mean 10k points is worth about £8 so it's not really worth the effort (hence I just do quick/easy stuff) but I only highlight here to show how Ireland gets screwed, the Aussies ain't happy either.

• Advertisement

It's really odd all round, the picking and choosing of these promos.

Wonder why you'd not roll it out considering it's automated.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭terryduff12

Don't get why we can't get the 10k bonus when we more or less get everything else. We are either in the reward program or not

Don't get why we can't get the 10k bonus when we more or less get everything else. We are either in the reward program or not

I reckon the head of Microsoft Irish devision is from Cavan .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

When was the last time €5 gift cards were "on sale" through rewards?

I've ~50k points saved up and wondering if I should redeem now for the 4650 points or hang on, not sure if they still reduce them though

maximoose wrote: »
    When was the last time €5 gift cards were "on sale" through rewards?

I've ~50k points saved up and wondering if I should redeem now for the 4650 points or hang on, not sure if they still reduce them though

What do you mean by on sale?

There's a discount applied as you're most likely a Level 2 rewards user. For the 3 months or so I've paid attention to rewards, that discount has been there the whole time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

They used to have time limited "Hot Deals" where the rewards cost of a €5 voucher was dropped to 4000 points

Just checked my Order History and it looks like it might have been January last year when it was last available, maybe its done

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

They had the €5 reward during the summer for sure. Thought it would be around again before xmas but no joy

They had the €5 reward during the summer for sure. Thought it would be around again before xmas but no joy

Just be careful you don't get caught on the expiry date for the card.

There's a bonus free 100pts up for grabs on the rewards app today.

Anyone finished the Monthly Game quests?

I just have Vesperia and Monster Hunter left to do.
    The rest were easy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

With the monthlies, I tend to do one of the 4 75 point games each week, if they are tedious enough.
    Though I haven't started them for Jan yet :D

• Advertisement

There's a bonus free 100pts up for grabs on the rewards app today.

Anyone finished the Monthly Game quests?

I just have Vesperia and Monster Hunter left to do.
    The rest were easy enough.

the monthlies were very easy, always wanted to try monster hunter not arsed playing it now

recyclops wrote: »
    the monthlies were very easy, always wanted to try monster hunter not arsed playing it now

I'll give them a bash over the weekend, maybe. I tried to play Monster Hunter before as it looks interesting on paper but I just didn't take to it.

It's been achievements all week, I just wanna play a bit of Ori now, gotta beat that big frog yoke.

marcbrophy wrote: »
    With the monthlies, I tend to do one of the 4 75 point games each week, if they are tedious enough.
    Though I haven't started them for Jan yet :D

The one where you have to get 75 kills is a bit of a chore. Try to keep count. Where it says press B to interrogate the enemy, just press A and kill them, they'll keep reappearing until you interrogate.

Cities skylines, just fast forward and leave for 15 minutes. You'll get an achievement if it rains, so might be worth just leaving it for 30 minutes.

Both can be done on phone.

Chicken Possible / Rewards Hunter has the guides.

Nearly at 49,000 points.

Moster Hunter looks like it'll take an hour at least to achieve .... think i'll pass

Monster Hunter does take time for sure. I would say 30- 50 minutes after doing it. Not worth the time and effort to be honest.

Anybody else's quests not popping?

I'm assuming that Final Fantasy one is just a case of launching the game but it's not popping for me. Incidentally I played a couple of other GP games and even got an achievement last night in Call of the Sea. I got the quest for the GP achievement but nothing for playing a GP game, dafuq???

Also my xbox just does not pop for achievements anymore - they register, I just don't get the pop up, I've checked all settings and reset, still nafink.

All quests popped for me including just launching final fantasy 8

theteal wrote: »
    Anybody else's quests not popping?

I'm assuming that Final Fantasy one is just a case of launching the game but it's not popping for me. Incidentally I played a couple of other GP games and even got an achievement last night in Call of the Sea. I got the quest for the GP achievement but nothing for playing a GP game, dafuq???

Also my xbox just does not pop for achievements anymore - they register, I just don't get the pop up, I've checked all settings and reset, still nafink.

Ya I think it's just standard practice now for things not to work on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

I've installed 4 games from the app so far and only 2 have still registered.

Actually come to think of it my achievements have stopped popping. I'm doing Full Throttle Remastered on my laptop (basic game so runs ok) and it's stopped showing achievements.

Mass Effect was easy enough but pretty long at 30 minutes, at least you can skip the cut scenes.

Actually come to think of it my achievements have stopped popping. I'm doing Full Throttle Remastered on my laptop (basic game so runs ok) and it's stopped showing achievements.

Ah that's the strange thing on my part, PC notifications are still good. Even more strange, if I stream from xbox to PC (i.e. playing my console from the PC) the achievements pop in the xbox companion app . . .but not on the console itself :confused:

• Advertisement

aaaand of course, now that I've actually put my issue in virtual print, it's decided to fix itself. I just had a quick bash through Ori on my lunch there and lo and behold, an achievement notification popped up - it hasn't worked for a couple of weeks. I think I need a holiday.

Advertisement