Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrow/The Flash/Legends of Tomorrow/Supergirl SUPERTHREAD [***SPOILERS - The CW***]

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,181 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Real heroes wear masks.

supergirl-beebo-flash-1.jpg?w=1000

• Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So Supergirl and Beebo aren't real heroes normally then?

Where's Batwoman? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeboooooooooooo

First look at Superman & Lois.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Black Lightning Spinoff Painkiller Starring Jordan Calloway Eyed at CW

https://tvline.com/2020/11/12/painkiller-series-black-lightning-spinoff-jordan-calloway-the-cw/
    The CW is popping Painkiller into development, ordering a planted spinoff pilot centered on Jordan Calloway‘s Black Lightning character.

The pilot will air as the seventh episode of Black Lightning‘s upcoming fourth season (which launches Monday, Feb. 8). Black Lightning EP Salim Akil will write and direct the installment.

Here’s the official logline of the offshoot: “Khalil Payne is a young man ridden with the guilt of his troubled past from his former life in Freeland City, where, as a super-enhanced killing machine known as Painkiller, he was both a member of Tobias Whale’s gang and a weapon of Agent Odell and the shadowy ASA. After attempting to bury the darker, devastatingly lethal Painkiller part of his persona, Khalil has distanced himself away from everyone he knows and loves in a new city, Akashic Valley, in order to find peace, but peace never comes easy for men with pasts like Khalil Payne and Painkiller. As his violent, destructive history crashes his idyllic new beginning, Khalil is thrusted back into action with a new mission — bring justice where he once gave out punishment — but to do that, he will first have to deal with and harness his darker side, Painkiller.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Sound like a rip off of Angel.

Wonder Girl’ TV Series With Latina Lead From Dailyn Rodriguez & Berlanti Productions In Works At the CW

Wonder Girl centers on Yara Flor, a Latina Dreamer who was born of an Amazonian Warrior and a Brazilian River God, learns that she is Wonder Girl. With her newfound power must fight the evil forces that would seek to destroy the world.

The series tells the backstory/origin story of the DC Comics character of Yara Flor, who was recently revealed as a new Wonder Woman. In addition to the Future State Wonder Woman with adult Yara Flor as Wonder Woman, DC concurrently is publishing the Wonder Girl comic series written and drawn by Jones.

https://deadline.com/2020/11/wonder-girl-tv-series-latina-lead-yara-flor-dailyn-rodriguez-greg-berlanti-productions-the-cw-1234616503/

Arrow alum David Ramsey is returning to the Arrowverse, in multiple (and occasionally mysterious!) ways.

Some 10 months after Arrow signed off, Ramsey is set to direct a total of five episodes of upcoming Arrowverse seasons — including at Supergirl and freshman spinoff Superman & Lois (which bows Feb. 23, 2021), our sister site Deadline reports.

Ramsey previously directed two episodes of Arrow, where he was an OG cast member: Season 7’s “Past Sins” and the final season’s time-loopy “Reset.”

On camera, Ramsey will guest-star as Arrow‘s John Diggle in a total of five episodes across The Flash (which opens Season 7 on Feb. 23), Supergirl, Batwoman (Season 2 premieres Jan. 17) and Superman & Lois.

But most curiously, he will play “a mystery role” during Legends of Tomorrow‘s sixth season.

https://tvline.com/2020/12/01/david-ramsey-arrow-diggle-mystery-role-legends-of-tomorrow/

The CW Teams With Ava DuVernay on Naomi Series, Based on DC Superhero
    Per the official logline, the series follows a teen girl’s journey from her small Northwestern town to “the heights of the multiverse.” When a supernatural event shakes Naomi’s hometown to the core, she sets out to uncover its origins — “and what she discovers will challenge everything we believe about our heroes.”

Naomi debuted as a comic book series in 2019 with Naomi: Season One, which was co-written by Brian Michael Bendis and David F. Walker, and illustrated by Jamal Campbell.

https://tvline.com/2020/12/04/the-cw-naomi-dc-superhero-series-ava-duvernay/

• Advertisement

Green Arrow and The Canaries not going ahead at the CW.

Green Arrow and The Canaries not going ahead at the CW.

Weird that they wouldn't given they basically dedicated the last episode of Arrow to being a pilot for the spin off.

In a world where Batwoman got a second season I don't get it not that the Canaries appealed to me in any way.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,723 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Suppose there's only so many days in the year you can shoot in Vancouver :pac: honestly I'd forgotten this was even a thing coming. I had heard tattle Batwoman has had poor ratings so maybe there's consolidation going on? *shrug*

• Registered Users Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Show would have had a lot of close combat fights that sort of thing is over new due to Covid, am kinda glad Ollie's daughter was terrible.

Show would have had a lot of close combat fights that sort of thing is over new due to Covid, am kinda glad Ollie's daughter was terrible.

So was his son

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭Ridley

[Stephen Amell]William.[/Stephen Amell]

The Flash (Season 8), DC’s Legends of Tomorrow (Season 7)Batwoman (Season 3) have all been renewed

https://tvline.com/2021/02/03/cw-renewed-shows-2021-list-flash-riverdale-walker/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

That's interesting, there was loads of talk of Batwoman's terrible figures for the opening of season 2.

I watched S1 and it was distinctly average, didn't bother myself with 2.

That's interesting, there was loads of talk of Batwoman's terrible figures for the opening of season 2.

I watched S1 and it was distinctly average, didn't bother myself with 2.
    It would kind of look bad for them to hype up the new Batwoman and then cancel after just 3 episodes. I'd say the reason they renewed all their current shows, even the ones who haven't aired yet this season is down to contracts or something. If they waited until May to renew, what's to say there were some actors whose contracts were up at season end and planned to move on.

Edit, I was half right. Comment from CW CEO
    “Though we’re just a few weeks into the new season, we wanted to get a strategic head start on next season with these early renewals, which allows our production teams to start laying out story arcs and hiring staff, and at the same time, continues to provide us with a strong, stable schedule to build on for next season,” said CW Chairman and CEO Mark Pedowitz in a statement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ruby who?

https://screenrant.com/arrowverse-batwoman-ruby-rose-crisis-infinite-earths-removed/

Seems they edited Ruby Rose out of a scene from Crisis during a Arrowverse special that aired

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

I’m behind on the Arrowverse. Currently watching last years shows but not at the Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover yet.

No spoilers please.

My query is related to Supergirl. I’m watched just the flashback episode and Lena and Andrea searching the jungle for Kryptonite to stop Lex finding it first for the plot to kill Superman that gets him sent to prison. That segment takes place 5 years previously to to episode 5.06 - meaning several months before Kara become Supergirl. Lex makes a comment “we’ve just made contact with an alien race” and based on the conversation he seems to be talking about Superman.

However, Kara arrived on Earth when she was 12 and Superman was already well established. In season one Kara is in her 20s meaning Superman has been known to the world for at least decade.

Is Lex’s dialogue just a continuity blip or was he talking about another species?

I’m also confused by the timing of Lex actually turning the sun red. It was four years ago - meaning it happened during season one of Supergirl.

Is this a goof or is it something that happened between episodes and just wasn’t mentioned.

The CW has been put up for sale by Warnermedia. I imagine the Arrow verse will be pulled from them and the remnants of it will end up on HBO Max, if not outright purged.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,723 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Given the Arrowverse has felt a little stale of late, its old shows finishing / finished, the new ones apparently underwhelming, seems like it'd be a natural point to wind it up - narratively speaking anyway.

Can see Lois and Clarke surviving and maybe Stargirl for a little while longer, but have to say I wouldn't be sorry to see it gone completely.

At its height it was very good, (Arrow season 2, Flash 1 and 2, early crossovers) it can be very proud of itself.

When it was good, the Arrowverse showed exactly how well an unashamedly positive, bubblegum, approach to a live action adaptation could work; at its worst it was total, cheap rubbish; but those highs made me come back time and again. Supergirl's season 4, with Agent Liberty etc, was just great stuff and the shows best; while The Flash was always all over the place with its quality.

Justice U

David Ramsey To Star In Arrowverse Series ‘Justice U’ In The Works At The CW

David Ramsey is putting together a new gang of superheroes for The CW.

The actor, who plays John Diggle in Arrow as well as a number of other DC-related series, is to headline Justice U, which is in development at the youth-skewing broadcaster.

Ramsey’s Diggle is a former bodyguard and master sergeant in the U.S. Army as well as co-founder of Team Arrow.

In the new series, which is set in the Arrowverse, after years of fighting alongside masked heroes, Diggle embarks on a new mission to recruit five young meta humans to live undercover as freshmen at a prestigious university. There he will oversee their education and train them to become the heroes of tomorrow.

In addition to starring in the series, if it is picked up to pilot, Ramsey, who has directed a number of Arrowverse episodes, will helm the pilot.

It comes as Ramsey, who has also featured in Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, The Flash, Batwoman and Superman & Lois, has struck an overall directing deal with Berlanti Productions and will helm multiple episodes of series within the Arrowverse, alongside guest starring in others.

Based on the DC Comics characters, the series comes from Superman & Louis co-exec producer Michael Narducci, who has also worked on series including The Vampire Diaries and The Originals, and Grey’s Anatomy exec producer Zoanne Clack.

Produced by Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television, Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter, David Madden and Geoff Johns exec produce alongside Narducci and Clack.

Next crossover event happening in Earth Prime comic series

The three-month, six-issue series will focus on a different CW show for the first five issues, gradually building to an epic crossover finale. With stories approved by CW television producers and written by the series' writers, the event comic will be fully canon and cover the entirety of the currently-running Arrowverse. Batwoman and Superman and Lois, represented in Earth-Prime #1 and Earth-Prime #2, respectively, will be joined by DC's Legends of TomorrowDC's Stargirl and The Flash.

The latest episode of The Flash finally resolved Diggles Green Lantern storyline that has been going on for the last few years

• Advertisement
Advertisement