Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gaming connection from PS4 NW to XB 360

Options
  • 07-01-2021 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am stuck with a gaming question. My son is on a PS4 and connected to the playstation NW. He is asking to play online with friends who are all on XBOX.

He has FIFA, NBA, Fortnite, Minecraft etc. Is there a simple way of connecting cross network for talking and game playing with specified friend.

I was trying to setup Minecraft - I logged into microsoft and created an account for him and enabled third part apps for him - he logged into Microsoft on the PS4 launched minecraft.

We got a subscription here is this just for cross platform playing of minecraft or what to do next?

thanks,
    R

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Fifa and nba I'm afraid can't be played between people on different consoles. Minecraft I'm unsure of. Fortnite is one of the few games that is cross platform enabled. That and Rocket League spring to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭riddles

To use minecraft accross platform is this subscription based?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I dont think so. As far as I'm aware you need to have an Xbox account to enable crossplay, regardless of whether you have an Xbox console. Then if you're playing on another device you login using those xbox login details.
    A quick google should get you the exact details on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭The Mulk

For Fortnite he needs to have an Epic Games account(It's free as far as I know) and then then there is a way to set up cross platform. EPIC friends I think.
    My lads play on PC, PS4 and Xbox together with their friends

Advertisement