Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

Giving JC grinds? Post Here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,444 Piste

Right guys, a thread for anyone who gives grinds and wants some exposure. If you know of someone who does, you can tell them about this and get them here too.

The rules:
    One post per person. If you've already posted and know of someone else who wants to be here, tell them to register and post.
    Anyone who posts twice will have both posts deleted and will receive a permanent ban from the board, no appeals.
    If you want your post edited/removed after the two day edit limit, PM me with the details, and I'll sort you out. If you make a new post with revised details, see above
    This thread is only for contact details, so as such, the information you must provide is;

Subject(s):
    Contact Name:
    Email:

If you like you can post your occupation/qualifications, I'm sure most people would prefer a Maths student giving them Maths grinds than an English student.

Any other info you wish to provide (Phone no., more precise area, garda vetting status) is purely up to yourself.
    Any institutions will be smacked quite hard if they post.

PM me if you have any queries/suggestions. Don't post here.

:)

EDIT: This is for advertising grinds only, not discussion, people don't want to trawl through pages of discussion to find what they're looking for, if you have any questions or queries please PM me or another Mod.

EDIT: Although you may post your phone number if you wish I'd advise against it as it's open to the whole internet and you don't know who you might have calling you up at 3am, but 'tis up to yourself.

EDIT: If you want you post removed can you please find it and report it, that way the mods will have a direct link to it. It's much easier than GrindsGiver2010 PMing us and saying "hi can you delete my post please?"

EDIT: Posts more than a year old will be deleted, if you want to repost your grind so that it appears in the later pages of the thread, then you can do so once the one-year limit has passed.

EDIT: This is not a thread for commercial companies or businesses to advertise themselves. If you wish to advertise on boards, please contact [email protected]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mauraod

Maths grinds available in the South Dublin city area.
    All levels Junior and Leaving Cert. I have a degree in Law and Accounting and studied maths as part of this course.

Email [email protected] to arrange a lesson

• Registered Users Posts: 11,444 Piste

Please do not post multiple threads advertising your services. All ads for grinds are to be kept in this thread only, boards isn't your personal free ad space.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,424 CMod ✭✭✭✭ spurious

Suggest people indicate what part of the country they are in if offering grinds. Makes it much more likely you'll get a reply.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,424 CMod ✭✭✭✭ spurious

Reminding people of the rules:

The rules:
    One post per person. If you've already posted and know of someone else who wants to be here, tell them to register and post.
    Anyone who posts twice will have both posts deleted and will receive a permanent ban from the board, no appeals.
    If you want your post edited/removed after the two day edit limit, PM me with the details, and I'll sort you out. If you make a new post with revised details, see above
    This thread is only for contact details, so as such, the information you must provide is;

Subject(s):
    Contact Name:
    Email:

If you like you can post your occupation/qualifications, I'm sure most people would prefer a Maths student giving them Maths grinds than an English student.

Any other info you wish to provide (Phone no., more precise area, garda vetting status) is purely up to yourself.
    Any institutions will be smacked quite hard if they post.

PM me if you have any queries/suggestions. Don't post here.

EDIT: This is for advertising grinds only, not discussion, people don't want to trawl through pages of discussion to find what they're looking for, if you have any questions or queries please PM me or another Mod.

EDIT: Although you may post your phone number if you wish I'd advise against it as it's open to the whole internet and you don't know who you might have calling you up at 3am, but 'tis up to yourself.

EDIT: If you want you post removed can you please find it and report it, that way the mods will have a direct link to it. It's much easier than GrindsGiver2010 PMing us and saying "hi can you delete my post please?"

EDIT: Posts more than a year old will be deleted, if you want to repost your grind so that it appears in the later pages of the thread, then you can do so once the one-year limit has passed.

EDIT: This is not a thread for commercial companies or businesses to advertise themselves. If you wish to advertise on boards, please contact [email protected]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 MurphyR

¡Hola! I am a qualified and experienced teacher available to give Spanish grinds to JC students.
    I am based in South Dublin and teach in Miltown.

- 1st Class Honours BA International, 1st in MA in Spanish and a 1st in Masters of Education specializing in Spanish and English.

- Offer online support and feedback between lessons

- Can offer discounts for groups or siblings.

- Fully Garda vetted.

You may contact me on 0873179914.

¡Gracias!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 orlaithtobin

UCC student giving grinds in French and Irish from primary school up to leaving cert higher level. I received a H1 in both subjects in my leaving cert and have 8 years language teaching experience. Grinds €15 per hour or €10 for group grinds. I speak Irish in my family home, I was ceannaire at an Irish camp in the gaeltacht and won a Diograis award for Irish in 2017. I participated in a french language exchange and have a family home in France so i still frequently use my French also. Contact 0857066940 for more information.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 chelsealove

UCC Final year student available for Maths grinds for all secondary level students and third level students. I have been the top of my class for three years running and have over 4 years of experience tutoring students. I am also available to teach Maths through Irish and teach Leaving Certificate Physical Education for the coming years.

Can offer:

Online or face-to-face tutoring
    Individual/ Group tutoring
    Discounted on the first lesson
    Garda vetted and safeguarded since 2017

Please contact or message Chelsea on 0852101432 in the Cork/Macroom Area

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MathGrinds

Hi

I am a Maths teacher based in South Dublin with 1 year's experience and an honours degree and post grad in Maths.

I teach Junior Cert Maths at higher and ordinary level. I am patient and enthusiastic and enjoy explaining Maths to students.

I charge EUR25 per hour and will also take up and correct homework.

Hannah

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lukereilly12

Maths Grind Teacher based in Castletroy available for online based grinds as well as face to face. Current Aeronautical Engineering student with a H1 in Higher Level Mathematics as well as an A1 in College Level advanced Calculus Also available is applied mathematics grinds. Prices for one grind is 20€ or two grinds per week for a total of 30€. Contact at 0894384732

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 olivia_mclo

Hi! I’m a second year Actuary and Financial maths student offering maths grinds to secondary school students of any level. I am passionate about helping people to understand maths and really enjoy teaching.
    I’m based in Longford and will be doing grinds from home. I may be up in Dublin during the week starting from January also. I charge €20 per hour and plan to also offer 2 hour sessions for €30 once the exams get very close.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mathsgrinds00

Hi!

I'm a 3rd year college student who has previously completed 2 years of Mathematical Sciences in UCC. I achieved a H1 grade (95%) in Maths in the 2018 Leaving Cert.

I am offering grinds in JC Maths over Zoom/Skype. Obviously the current climate is a bit unclear regarding whether the exams will go ahead or not, but I will structure lessons based on the assumption that it will be going ahead (until we hear otherwise).

My lessons cater to all abilities and target grades. The first lesson will include a short assessment with the intention of identifying specific areas of the course that can be improved upon. Whether you're going for a pass mark or punching towards a higher grade, I am confident that I can help you get where you're trying to go.

I charge €25 per hour. I am currently studying from home so my timetable is flexible. I am available most days at most times.

If you would like to contact me about arranging a lesson, you can reach me at 085 839 9603 or PM this account. Hope to speak to you soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ✭✭✭ gg820

Hi! My name is Grace. I am a university student who offers french grinds from primary school all the way up to leaving cert. I received a H1 in french in my leaving very and am a fluent french speaker having previously lived there. Please message me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭✭ Breifne72

Irish and English grinds available.

Higher and ordinary papers.

Qualified secondary school teacher, with experience of correcting exams and teaching curriculum.

Reasonable rates, grinds will be done over Zoom or similar.

Contact for information.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Proferoxa

Hi!

I recently relocated to Ireland from Spain after having lived there for four years. I hold a 1.1 in Spanish and German and in addition to having five years teaching experience under my belt I've also marked the Junior Cert Spanish exams at both Higher and Ordinary level.

I charge €20 per hour. Classes will take place on Zoom, Skype, etc. I'm available evenings and weekends.

Message me if you're interested and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 iRevise_com

Hi,

iRevise.com is an all-in-one study hub for secondary school students. It hosts weekly online grinds classes via Zoom for Junior and Leaving Certificate students in a number of subjects, available at both higher and ordinary level. All the classes are recorded live each week and come with additional notes for students to revise at a later date or if they miss the class.

Check out iRevise.com or email [email protected] for more information or to secure your place.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭ Mandf

I am a qualified French and Irish teacher. I have five years of experience of giving 1:1 grinds online and in person.

I offer French grinds to junior cycle students, leaving cert students and casual adult learners.

I offer Irish grinds to junior cycle students, leaving cert students, casual adult learners, Hibernia applicants, primary school students and third level students.

Without going into too much detail, I focus on all areas of language - grammar, aural, oral, reading and writing. For Irish, I help students to develop techniques to answer literature questions such as poetry and stories. I tailor each lesson to the needs of the student whether they are secondary school students or adult learners.

I offer lessons through zoom and send notes to students each week by email.

My rate is 25 euros an hour.

Reviews from the online tutor apps I use are available on request. If you are looking for more information, you can PM me on boards or send me an email at [email protected]

Advertisement