Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Summerseat, Clonee

• 24-06-2020 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi everyone,

Looking for information and people's opinion regarding this development. It is marked as new development on Daft and buyers can avail of the Help To Buy. However, it looks not as modern as most recent builds (e.g B1/3 vs A2/A3 BER).

The price point looks quite good (340k for a 4bed, even if smaller than the average), which makes wonder if there is a catch. Does anyone know anything about this development and the area? Anything to be aware of?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Dylan94

girodav wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Looking for information and people's opinion regarding this development. It is marked as new development on Daft and buyers can avail of the Help To Buy. However, it looks not as modern as most recent builds (e.g B1/3 vs A2/A3 BER).

The price point looks quite good (340k for a 4bed, even if smaller than the average), which makes wonder if there is a catch. Does anyone know anything about this development and the area? Anything to be aware of?

I was looking at this place too. On daft it looks quite old and maybe even a little bit run down. I had assumed it was a mistake being marked as a new build.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭strmin

These were new builds when I was looking to buy in the area 8 years ago. It's possible that they are still building I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 girodav

Dylan94 wrote: »
    I was looking at this place too. On daft it looks quite old and maybe even a little bit run down. I had assumed it was a mistake being marked as a new build.

That's what I am trying to understand as well. Looking at the related website (just look for laragh contracting on google), they specifically mention the help to buy, which is only available for new builds.
    However, I cannot find a single information anywhere else (here on daft or through Google)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

They are still building as far as I know. It was being built a decade ago but got recessioned and all work stopped. I noticed 2 or so years back that it seemed to have started up again.

The area is ok. Not terrible problems with anti social behaviour or anything but it's not great either. A lot of the pubs in clonee shut down after the crash and look to be still idle. I hadn't been in the grasshopper for about 2 years but was there about 6 months ago and felt it had really gone downhill. There are a couple of tolerable restaurants and an aldi and lidl.

I dont have a huge amount of negatives to say about it but not all that many real positives either. It's a place to live. I lived less than a mile from it for a decade.

If I was there in the lockdown I would have been struggling

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭danfrancisco83

girodav wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Living here now 2 months, it's really nice. I have been living in apartments for most of my life, and usually keep myself to myself. I was hoping the neighbours would be nice enough, but if they weren't I wouldn't be too bothered. I needn't have worried, everyone I have met so far have been great. I think a lot of people are in the same boat, lots of first time buyers and people with young families who were looking to move to a bigger place. One thing I would say, for anyone looking to buy, is to deal directly with the builder (saved us 10k by not using EA).
    Quiet village, 10 minute drive to Blanch SC, all good so far, touch wood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭alwald

Living here now 2 months, it's really nice. I have been living in apartments for most of my life, and usually keep myself to myself. I was hoping the neighbours would be nice enough, but if they weren't I wouldn't be too bothered. I needn't have worried, everyone I have met so far have been great. I think a lot of people are in the same boat, lots of first time buyers and people with young families who were looking to move to a bigger place. One thing I would say, for anyone looking to buy, is to deal directly with the builder (saved us 10k by not using EA).
    Quiet village, 10 minute drive to Blanch SC, all good so far, touch wood.

It's best then to deal with Laragh Contracting instead of Remax, but how did you save 10K? Did you negotiate the price or did you get extras ie tiled bathroom, flooring...?
    I presume you bought the previous phase which has gas heating, is the new phase with air heat pump finished or not yet as far as you know? Thanks.

alwald wrote: »
    It's best then to deal with Laragh Contracting instead of Remax, but how did you save 10K? Did you negotiate the price or did you get extras ie tiled bathroom, flooring...?
    I presume you bought the previous phase which has gas heating, is the new phase with air heat pump finished or not yet as far as you know? Thanks.

Yes it was Laragh Contracting, I didn't haggle or anything, but the ad with Remax for the same property was advertised 10k above the same ad from Laragh. The new phase has brand new Samsung air to water heat pumps, and a better overall quality I would say. Not sure if that means they'll be more expensive.
    I'm just getting used to the place myself, so far so good. Jax.ie do a lot of the floors and bathrooms in the estate, they're reasonable price, good quality, and have a good relationship with the builder (access to property if you're not around etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ralfralf

Hi everyone,

We just reserved an apartment here. I am just wondering if any of you have a detailed layout of the 2 bedroom with own door that they offer in Summerseat Ave. We've been asking them about this and they tell us that it will be given after contract signing. I am just not sure about the size of the master bedroom if what size of bed would fit in it.

And for those that have been living here, how do you find the place? And how is the management of common areas.

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

was there not flooding in Clonee a few years back ?
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/residents-rage-at-council-for-building-on-marsh-land-26027579.html

look at the flood plains

ralfralf wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

We just reserved an apartment here. I am just wondering if any of you have a detailed layout of the 2 bedroom with own door that they offer in Summerseat Ave. We've been asking them about this and they tell us that it will be given after contract signing. I am just not sure about the size of the master bedroom if what size of bed would fit in it.

And for those that have been living here, how do you find the place? And how is the management of common areas.

Many thanks.

You could look at the 'View 3D Model' on Laragh Contracting dot com (newbie, not allowed post link)

The apartments are a good size IMO, the maintenance in the whole estate is very good, and the vast majority are owner occupiers, young families and young couples. A good move in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 ralfralf

You could look at the 'View 3D Model' on Laragh Contracting dot com (newbie, not allowed post link)

The apartments are a good size IMO, the maintenance in the whole estate is very good, and the vast majority are owner occupiers, young families and young couples. A good move in my opinion.

Hi DAN,

Thanks for the info, I saw it in their website but unfortunately they don't come with measurements. I sent you a PM by the way.

Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 0 nj0045

Hi Folks,

I am looking at the 3 bed duplex property in Summerseat Clonee.

Though the builder informed there will be final launch of duplexes in April,2022, do you guys have any idea on the prices??

Earlier the launch was planned in March,2022.

Post edited by nj0045 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Amouar

About 360k last year, although I don't think the older stock is A rated.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭WhiteWalls

Any word on how much the two beds are going for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sagan

Hi all. We have reserved a 2BR apartment here and are doing research before we sign contracts. I am just hoping to get honest review about positives and negatives of living in the area from people who purchased or have any idea on Summerseat.

Hi

We're here 2 years and it's lovely. Lots of positives, there is a new playground and park being built in the village which will save people having to trek to Dunboyne on foot. It's great for kids, very safe and well lit in the evenings. The only negative (according to some) is the parking. People are always complaining about communal parking, but it's much better than dealing with clamps and arguments over spaces, worst case scenario is walking a few feet more to get to your door.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sagan

Great. Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 jackstow

I went to see this new development today but was disappointed. It looked old and dirty, and it seemed as though the developer was prioritizing sales over upkeep and maintenance. The duplex I visited is expected to be ready in at least 2 months, he said that the paperwork is quite extensive and it takes time, although the duplex seemed pretty much done. There will be 3-bedroom houses and they are supposed to be ready by May and will cost about 500k, which is a lot considering the current state. If you check Google Maps, you'll see that the 3-bedroom houses have been there since March 2022 and haven't improved much.

However, the 3-bedroom duplex units are very big and have plenty of space. The developer's sister runs the creche there, and new owners will get priority.

In general, it seems like the developer is not as big as the likes of glenveagh, cairn and others, so he's struggling with workers, paperwork, maintenance, and maybe that explains the prices of the 3 beds duplex (415k - 1500sqft), but unfortunately that's not for me, if I buy something new, I want it to look like new as well, and that was not the case there. If you have any questions, I might be able to answer while it is still fresh in my memory 😅

Post edited by jackstow on

• Advertisement

We went to view the area and we observed that there is literally no way to commute to the 39A bus stop? There is another bus stop near lidl which is good, but thought the 39A is better suited to our commute..

Also, could you give your views on the traffic commute into the city?

if i may ask, did you directly deal with laragh contracting?

The 70 bus goes through the village, it's almost the same as the 39/39a. The 90 minute fare is great, because you can get the bus headed in either direction. If you miss the bus to town, just jump on a bus headed to Dunboyne and get the train from there instead. The train takes about 28mins to Connolly/Docklands.

The bus into town takes about 70 mins, but it feels longer :(

Deal with Laragh (Martin) directly, he's always available on whatsapp and he's a straight talker, no bs.

Couple of things to note - There is a new playground and public space being built behind McDonalds pub, which is great. There is a path and cycle lane to be built from the village to Ongar, also handy if you absolutely have to get the 39/39a. There are lots more apartments being built at the moment in the village, and they'll have retail units attached (good for more choice, but the village could become much busier with traffic).

Thanks a lot for this.😃

The property rates are crazy at the moment🤐.

Of all the locations I have looked (kildare (glenveagh), Citywest,Lusk, Lucan, Adamstown...and more) this built in summerseat was the best both in terms of price and locality🤩.

In the long term, do you reckon the property in summerseat will be easy to sell? Probably thinking ahead of myself, but if our family grows, we may think of re-locating to a bigger place (in the next 5-7 yrs maybe)

I have a couple of friends who have sold recently, and they both sold really quickly, but I don't know if that will always be the case. Lots of people I speak to in the estate want to move to Dunboyne eventually, but I don't know if it's worth paying probably an extra 100k to move 5 minutes up the road. Long term, you would be in a much better position when selling, because of Dart+ West, new cycle ways and improved connectivity to the City Centre.

I'll say this - I don't know anyone who has regretted buying in Summerseat, but I don't know anyone who plans living here long term either. I would love to move closer to the City Centre eventually, but I'm happy where I am until I have the means to make that move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 NJRocks

Hi Guys 😊,

I am also planning to buy a property in Summerseat. But I have two issues with the area:

1. Since we don't own a Car so commuting seems a problem there as the buses come in 1 hour duration and train station is also far. Those people who are living there are you finding it troubling?
    2. Is there any big parks nearby. We( me and my wife, no kids) like to go for Morning and Evening walks. It might seem a trivial problem to someone but its a big part of our daily routine.

We are looking for guidance here. Also would like to connect with people who are living there so that we can understand more. Here is my email id: explorer4lyf@gmail.com, if anyone would like to connect please drop me a mail and then we can talk.

Thank You!

Commuting is OK, I've mentioned the good and bad in a post above.

At the moment there are no nice walks close by. I would usually get in the car and head to Castletown House, Phoenix Park or Catherine's Park (6 min drive away). You could walk toward Dunboyne trainstation and back, or toward Littlepace and back, but they're not well lit roads in the dark evenings, and very busy with traffic. It's depressing to be honest.

There are lots of plans of course, but it could be years before they are actually realized.

Advertisement