Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

hollypink wrote: »
    Is anyone else waiting for an item to be delivered by An Post that was posted in Ireland? I ordered something that the seller said was posted on the 6th Dec but there's been no sign of it. It was only being sent from Cork to Wicklow. I think the seller is reputable so either they made a mistake or I think it must be lost in the post :(

Arrived today, yay! Postmark is too smudged to tell what date it was posted but am just happy it arrived.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

hollypink wrote: »
    Is anyone else waiting for an item to be delivered by An Post that was posted in Ireland? I ordered something that the seller said was posted on the 6th Dec but there's been no sign of it. It was only being sent from Cork to Wicklow. I think the seller is reputable so either they made a mistake or I think it must be lost in the post :(

Elderly Mother's car insurance up on the 18th, no sign of renewal info so I emailed broker last night. It was posted on 19th Dec. No sign of it.
    Her licence is also up for renewal this month - RSA haven't updated info whether the over 70s are being posted out renewal packs and no need for med cert in most cases (like my Mam) as was the case up to 31st Dec.
    Who knows when she will finally get a new licence - lucky the insurance quote wasn't outrageous as there is no way we could have shopped around without a valid licence.

Edit to add - not that she is driving at the moment, car has been sitting on her driveway for months, but not the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 miggle

In fairness to An Post they are doing a fantastic job when you consider the colossal increase in mail this year.
    They've never once lost a parcel on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,052 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Elderly Mother's car insurance up on the 18th, no sign of renewal info so I emailed broker last night. It was posted on 19th Dec. No sign of it.
    Her licence is also up for renewal this month - RSA haven't updated info whether the over 70s are being posted out renewal packs and no need for med cert in most cases (like my Mam) as was the case up to 31st Dec.
    Who knows when she will finally get a new licence - lucky the insurance quote wasn't outrageous as there is no way we could have shopped around without a valid licence.

Edit to add - not that she is driving at the moment, car has been sitting on her driveway for months, but not the point.

If your Mother has a Public Services Card you can renew her licence online on MygovID.ie. Also check ndls.ie. As regards the insurance, if you have an email address get the Broker to email the details to you. Online is the fastest way right now due to where we are with the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭micks_address

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Normally yes. Could arrive next week though. That's my experience with an post lately anyway

Arrived this morning. Also posted a parcel from north Dublin to Galway yesterday and arrived this morning.
    Good going in fairness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 mando212

Missed a delivery this morning, does anyone know what redelivery times are like at the moment? Email says within 5 working days...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 podgerella

Just wondering if anyone has had much luck in receiving their packages? and if you managed to contact anyone in Dublin Airport about it?

I ordered a book from the states on the 9th of December and it was sent priority by USPS. It travelled from Georgia, to Miami, to Newark Airport. It was all very efficient and I received email updates the whole time, although I'd nearly given up hope that I'd get it for Christmas (it was supposed to be a gift) until I received an email to tell me it arrived in Dublin and had left Dublin 'Transfer facility' on December 22nd. Hurray!!

Except that I'm still waiting and it's now the 7th of Jan and An Post still don't have the tracking number on their system. Much like some of the previous posts. Parcelmonitor.com also tell me that it's Dispatched from sorting center on December 22nd and I've submitted a missing mail request with USPS to see if they can locate it.

Does anyone have any info on how packages are handled within the airport and if there is anyone that can be contacted?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭shashaela

I had ordered mine about 4th December from new jersey, on the 12th December the update said it had left a transit airport in Dublin. That is the last update on the system, I received it finally on 30th December, but it doesn't display on the USPS site that the package had been received. But I got it in the end, was worried I may never get it.

Ok great, thanks. I know all I can do is wait but gives me a little bit of hope that I'll get it. Cheers. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

As you may have seen from other posts, USPS saying its departed doesn't mean it has left the US. It has been handed over to an airline, but when that actually departs is anyones guess, because it isn't tracked. It may be in Dublin in a massive pile waiting to be sorted for customs and delivery, but An Post aren't quick to update their system because it'll put them under pressure to deliver it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭aoife1991

Something shipped from Limerick yesterday was delivered to me in Cork today, express post. Things seem to be moving quickly again, within Ireland anyway.

Just had something delivered today that was posted back in November from Germany. Thought it was lost. So did amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Orlak2410

podgerella wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has had much luck in receiving their packages? and if you managed to contact anyone in Dublin Airport about it?

I ordered a book from the states on the 9th of December and it was sent priority by USPS. It travelled from Georgia, to Miami, to Newark Airport. It was all very efficient and I received email updates the whole time, although I'd nearly given up hope that I'd get it for Christmas (it was supposed to be a gift) until I received an email to tell me it arrived in Dublin and had left Dublin 'Transfer facility' on December 22nd. Hurray!!

Except that I'm still waiting and it's now the 7th of Jan and An Post still don't have the tracking number on their system. Much like some of the previous posts. Parcelmonitor.com also tell me that it's Dispatched from sorting center on December 22nd and I've submitted a missing mail request with USPS to see if they can locate it.

Does anyone have any info on how packages are handled within the airport and if there is anyone that can be contacted?

I ordered my skincare product from a vendor in California on the 23rd of november. I was told that I would take 5-14 business days. Within a week or so it travelled from San Diego to LA to NY and then to Dublin according to the USPS tracking system. On 11th December I contacted the vendor to let them know that I hadn't received it yet and they told me that because of the pandemic and xmas it would take up to 28 business days or maybe longer (like how long is a price of string). Ever since I have been checking the USPS and an post tracking service. On Tuesday 5th January I contacted the vendor again and they said at this stage it is probably lost and that they would send out another one via the postal services (bearing in mind that they offer expedited shipping that's a little extra but it would arrive a lot quicker). I replied to them and told them that I have been waiting long enough now and the least they can do is send it via expedited shipping and they haven't replied yet. I'm absolutely fuming. They won't be getting a good review for their customer service anyway.

Orlak2410 wrote: »
    I ordered my skincare product from a vendor in California on the 23rd of november. I was told that I would take 5-14 business days. Within a week or so it travelled from San Diego to LA to NY and then to Dublin according to the USPS tracking system. On 11th December I contacted the vendor to let them know that I hadn't received it yet and they told me that because of the pandemic and xmas it would take up to 28 business days or maybe longer (like how long is a price of string). Ever since I have been checking the USPS and an post tracking service. On Tuesday 5th January I contacted the vendor again and they said at this stage it is probably lost and that they would send out another one via the postal services (bearing in mind that they offer expedited shipping that's a little extra but it would arrive a lot quicker). I replied to them and told them that I have been waiting long enough now and the least they can do is send it via expedited shipping and they haven't replied yet. I'm absolutely fuming. They won't be getting a good review for their customer service anyway.

Thanks OrlaK, sorry you're having so much trouble. I would suspect paying for a courier service would be a better option for you. I do expect my package to arrive at some stage, just a shame that An Post can't do as good a job as USPS. I would've expected if it arrived in Dublin Airport on the 22nd that I could get it in Dublin City by the 24th. I guess the sender can't foresee the issues and hold ups with the Irish postal service, even when I requested priority posting! Unfortunately, the item I ordered isn't something that can be easily replaced! or even at all. Best of luck, hope you get your items soon.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Thanks OrlaK, sorry you're having so much trouble. I would suspect paying for a courier service would be a better option for you. I do expect my package to arrive at some stage, just a shame that An Post can't do as good a job as USPS. I would've expected if it arrived in Dublin Airport on the 22nd that I could get it in Dublin City by the 24th. I guess the sender can't foresee the issues and hold ups with the Irish postal service, even when I requested priority posting! Unfortunately, the item I ordered isn't something that can be easily replaced! or even at all. Best of luck, hope you get your items soon.

Have you looked back I through any previous posts in this thread? No one knows who USPS are giving it to in the US, whether they have event had flights into London or Ireland. As far as they are concerned, handed over to the airline means it has arrived in Ireland. An Post may not have even seen them yet.

whiterebel wrote: »
    Have you looked back I through any previous posts in this thread? No one knows who USPS are giving it to in the US, whether they have event had flights into London or Ireland. As far as they are concerned, handed over to the airline means it has arrived in Ireland. An Post may not have even seen them yet.

Thanks Whiterebel, yep looked through previous posts, so just wanted to get a recent update. It's arrived in Dublin according to USPS emails and they then go to An Post. But as yet it has not ben scanned by An Post. I called An Post and they have told me they have not yet received it. 'Yet', is what I'm holding onto. :)
    I've everything crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Thanks Whiterebel, yep looked through previous posts, so just wanted to get a recent update. It's arrived in Dublin according to USPS emails and they then go to An Post. But as yet it has not ben scanned by An Post. I called An Post and they have told me they have not yet received it. 'Yet', is what I'm holding onto. :)
    I've everything crossed.
    Usps will only know that it has processed to the airport. They won't know if it has got onto an aircraft.

Letters get priority, followed by small packages and then larger parcels.

I had my sister send me something from Washington. It was about the size of a box of tissues. It left 3rd Dec, it arrived on Tuesday. (not needed until March :) )

Her Christmas card (or happy holidays card) left Dec 22nd and arrived yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Does anybody know if Express Post items will arrive outside of the “regular” post runs?

Waiting on an Express item due to be delivered in Dublin today but can see from tracking that it’s in the parcel hub. Saw the post man go by already earlier this morning so wondering will it be Monday before I see it now or will there be another post later today for Express items?

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Does anybody know if Express Post items will arrive outside of the “regular” post runs?

Waiting on an Express item due to be delivered in Dublin today but can see from tracking that it’s in the parcel hub. Saw the post man go by already earlier this morning so wondering will it be Monday before I see it now or will there be another post later today for Express items?

Typically our postman drops all the non registered post first then comes back with any tracked deliveries an hour later

• Registered Users Posts: 17,242 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Is An Post still experiencing big delays?
    Had something posted on the 22nd Dec and still yet to receive (Louth to Dublin)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

I need to get somethings from IKEA but they wouldn’t be delivered until the 25th - and most likely they’d come with An Post so does that mean it would be much later than the 25th?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

I need to get somethings from IKEA but they wouldn’t be delivered until the 25th - and most likely they’d come with An Post so does that mean it would be much later than the 25th?

Probably not, An Post have caught up on the backlog, so you should have it on the 26th/27th. An Post aren't the only company delivering for IKEA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

gerard2210 wrote: »
    Probably not, An Post have caught up on the backlog, so you should have it on the 26th/27th. An Post aren't the only company delivering for IKEA.

I thought An Post delivered all the smaller items.

Anyway, thank you. Two weeks is a long wait but good to know there won’t be further long delays.

miggle wrote: »
    In fairness to An Post they are doing a fantastic job when you consider the colossal increase in mail this year.
    They've never once lost a parcel on me.

No they are not. Every other company that deals with post or deliveries have handled the situation like troopers. 500% increases on last year, everybody put their head down and got it done. Extra people hired to handle the situations. 100s of unpaid hours put in to ensure people got their presents for Christmas. Hours taken away from their families over the month of December. To get parcels from one country to Another in time for Christmas.

Then you have An post. Who cant get Parcels from one part of Dublin to Another part of Dublin in the space of 4 weeks due to "backlog" Why, because they don't answer to anybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Still waiting for a parcel to Germany sent on the 7th of December to be delivered :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

IDK what's going. Massive delays on my end in receiving packages, all from December. From various sellers, Amazon but others as well. Not much info anywhere on what's happening. Is it covid, Brexit.....but it's not like we have an alternative. There's a lockdown, people can't buy in store. No one is giving answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Gru

was waiting on a parcel from the US,
    sent Dec 18th Arrived today via an post.

Christmas cards sent first week of December Cork - Cork arrived last week :confused:

Christmas cards sent to Australia from An Post early December (one sent the week before the other) the later ones have arrived last Friday the earlier one did not arrive yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

A neighbour has been waiting on a small envelope / parcel to be delivered since before Christmas. It only arrived today. It was not carried in the parcels round, but the normal post delivery. It was sent from within Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,135 ✭✭✭corkie

An Post warns customers may be waiting weeks for parcels

"An Post has warned consumers that they could be waiting weeks to receive parcels posted before Christmas..............

The company expects to be receiving incoming Christmas parcels and letters throughout all of January."

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,329 ✭✭✭✭zell12

corkie wrote: »
    There are reports of letters being posted from one Dublin address to another Dublin address taking up to a month to be delivered.

Advertisement