Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Latest Purchases 2.0 - Mod note in first post

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Odeta

Beautiful dress SmallTeapot. Could also make an appearance on Valentine’s Day.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Twee. wrote: »
    Asos sale + extra discount meant I picked up a few bits that were sitting on my wishlist.

https://www.asos.com/missguided/missguided-plisse-midi-dress-in-floral-print-with-long-sleeves/prd/14630186

This is too big so it's going back, but I've repurchased a size down as there was a discount code and I did love the look of it on... Broke my January online shopping ban but I don't think it counts as it's a replacement :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Its already becoming a pain to return items! New Look customer service were no help, they kept sending me the same link about returns. It took me ages to find the address in the UK to return to as nowhere in Ireland that you can send to at the moment. I sent by registered post just to be on the safe side, cost me over €14 and you have to fill out a customs form now too for anything being sent to the UK. I don't know when they will set up Parcel Motel again, but apparently loads of issues with them and a lot of other UK based companies, so beware when ordering!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Its already becoming a pain to return items! New Look customer service were no help, they kept sending me the same link about returns. It took me ages to find the address in the UK to return to as nowhere in Ireland that you can send to at the moment. I sent by registered post just to be on the safe side, cost me over €14 and you have to fill out a customs form now too for anything being sent to the UK. I don't know when they will set up Parcel Motel again, but apparently loads of issues with them and a lot of other UK based companies, so beware when ordering!

Hi Ciara76. I’m not sure if this could be a viable option for you, but if you order via PayPal you can claim 12 free returns per year up to a maximum postage value of €30. I have my Revolut card linked to PayPal (I don’t keep money on my PayPal account). I also like the extra layer of security PayPal offers (merchant doesn’t get your card details and you can dispute payments if dissatisfied).

I haven’t used the option since November, but it still appears to work in these post-Brexit times.

You just need to provide them with proof of postage (receipt) and a picture if the parcel with the address clearly legible on it.

https://www.paypal.com/ie/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

I'm bringing the Asos package to a Parcel Connect tonight, I'll let you know if any issues! Think Asos is ok as you return to an Irish address and according to their site they have hubs in the EU. We'll see!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Couple of purchases recently:

Billabong sweater:
    s-l400.jpg

Was so nice and soft I got the same one in a rust colour.

Toms boots:
    WPPEALEA_D2.jpg

Really comfy and great for walking in the cold and rain.

Suitsupply tie (from the outlet):
    742c1e56-c121-45dc-b1b9-01b5e5fd1593.jpeg?crop=pad&pad_color=FFF&format=jpeg&w=780&h=1196

Which I wore on Christmas day. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Hi Ciara76. I’m not sure if this could be a viable option for you, but if you order via PayPal you can claim 12 free returns per year up to a maximum postage value of €30. I have my Revolut card linked to PayPal (I don’t keep money on my PayPal account). I also like the extra layer of security PayPal offers (merchant doesn’t get your card details and you can dispute payments if dissatisfied).

I haven’t used the option since November, but it still appears to work in these post-Brexit times.

You just need to provide them with proof of postage (receipt) and a picture if the parcel with the address clearly legible on it.

https://www.paypal.com/ie/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

Thanks, I saw that. I never use Paypal to be honest. I never think to, must start doing that.

Twee. wrote: »
    I'm bringing the Asos package to a Parcel Connect tonight, I'll let you know if any issues! Think Asos is ok as you return to an Irish address and according to their site they have hubs in the EU. We'll see!

I have to return the H&M leather look trousers, they do not suit me! But thankfully, the returns process is so much easier. They use an Post and I was able to book for them to pick up from me at no cost! Such a good service :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Ordered this body suit from & other stories on Asos last month, its really nice on, the shoulder pads give it a really nice shape. When I ordered it a month ago it was on sale for 34 euro but is back up to its original price now. Never bought any clothes from this brand before but had always heard good things about them, the material and cut is really nice.

https://www.asos.com/other-stories/other-stories-long-sleeved-scoop-neck-body-with-shoulder-pads-in-black/prd/21911482?colourwayid=60308614&SearchQuery=&cid=28886

I have to return the H&M leather look trousers, they do not suit me! But thankfully, the returns process is so much easier. They use an Post and I was able to book for them to pick up from me at no cost! Such a good service :)

Ah that's handy! Cost of returns is a massive turn off for customers. The Asos is on it's way back now so no issues so far.

• Advertisement

Dunnes website is a disaster. The boots I ordered are apparently not in stock and 5 days later they notify me to say that they will refund me. I have read a lot of complaints on social media about this happening. People are ordering stock and then being told days later its not available. You would expect them to have a better system!? I'm so disappointed, I really liked those biker boots :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Have to agree about Dunnes. I ordered 3 sale items, order went through, payment made. I got emails several days later saying that 2 of the 3 items weren't in stock. I went to cancel the order but couldn't. I ended up paying €7 inc postage for a t-shirt that was reduced to €3. :mad:

jos28 wrote: »
    Have to agree about Dunnes. I ordered 3 sales items, order went through, payment made. I got emails saying that 2 of the 3 items weren't in stock. I went to cancel the order but couldn't. I ended up paying €7 inc postage for a t-shirt that was reduced to €3. :mad:

I emailed them about it saying its always happening and why did they wait 5 days to tell me. They said that it wasn't actually out of stock, but there was a quality control issue when they were going to pack it. I wonder if they had been returned into stock by mistake as they were maybe faulty. I'm really disappointed. They were just what I wanted and apparently not coming back in stock. I'm fuming I never spotted them in store before lockdown!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I ordered this from Arket. The way deliveries are going atm I'm expecting it sometime in February.

dynamic.chain]

I also ordered this two days before it was reduced.:rolleyes: It's a lovely light coat and great taking dog for a walk. I already have similar heavier one which I love but it's a bit heavy for most of Irish winter.
    goods_432603_sub24.jpg?width=2000

I'm to lazy to look for links but I also got two pairs of leggings from https://newdimensionsactive.ie/ I find them brilliant and very good quality leggings priced at around 50 Euro. I know nothing about the brand, I came across them in an independent shop.

DPD have suspended deliveries from the UK to Ireland for a week or two. So if anyone has ordered from the UK that uses DPD there will now be delays!

I bought 2 pairs of shoes for work at the end of last year which are due to be delivered next week; there's tremendous backlog atm with deliveries due to Brexit and COVID-19. Even though I'll be WFH for the foreseeable, they were both reduced significantly on amazon and I thought they might be worth a punt - and I guess I can put them away until I return to the office. I have amazon prime so delivery was free.

These cream leather loafers, UK size 7, were reduced to £14.08 :eek:
    caprice-womens-giggi-loafers-nude-patent-414.jpg

And these black leather/suede ballet flats were reduced to £19.06 :eek:
    I like that they're a nod to Alaia shoes due to the laser cut out detail
    (They're still in stock for UK size 7 at an even lower price of £15.59 with free delivery for Amazon prime subscribers, as Ireland is not currently charging VAT under 22euro).

61RVlOYhvRL._AC_UX695_.jpg

I also bought these burgundy jacquard print cigarette trousers on sale for a tenner in Dunnes before the lockdown; I think they'll pair nicely with the shoes above...if and when I'm back in office attire :pac:

8516672_burgundy.jpg

Think that's me finished with clothes/ shoe shopping for while :o The only item I'm waiting on is a down coat for walking... but it's not due until the 22nd Jan! Here's hoping it arrives sooner as the weather has really taken a dip.

*Drops mic* :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I think the DPD delay is only until next Wednesday.

I emailed them about it saying its always happening and why did they wait 5 days to tell me. They said that it wasn't actually out of stock, but there was a quality control issue when they were going to pack it. I wonder if they had been returned into stock by mistake as they were maybe faulty. I'm really disappointed. They were just what I wanted and apparently not coming back in stock. I'm fuming I never spotted them in store before lockdown!

Update -
    I emailed them today and they have refunded the €3.95 postage, no questions asked. I got the very same email as yourself saying it was a quality control issue when they were going to pack it. I'm glad they refunded the postage but still disappointed not to get the lovely green Helen Steele sweatshirt that I ordered.

Just bought these boots from Zalando, anyone bought from the Anna Field collection? Reviews said theyre comfortable so should be suitable for work.

Anna Field is Zalando’s own brand... I think it was a brand in its own right a few years ago, but zalando bought them out. I have never bought from them, but their clothing/ shoes seem to have positive reviews :)

• Advertisement

I bought this jumper from ThreeStories.ie, they are an Irish company based in Galway, but sell the VeroModa, Jack&Jones, Only etc brands. I saw our local Vero Moda store advertising them during the last lockdown.
    I had seen this jumper in our local Vero Moda before Christmas but thought it was a bit pricy at the time as it was €49.99. Its reduced to €25 on this site.
    792b421d-cc4a-416f-9cc0-ab1a00c6eaea_10232678_3467945_001_preview_672x896.jpg?v=1602169932
    https://threestories.ie/collections/knitwear-for-women/products/3467945?variant=34874612514861

The jumper I ordered from Threestories.ie arrived today, so quick! Really nice jumper too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

that's so fab, did you have to pay customs?

jadie wrote: »
    that's so fab, did you have to pay customs?

jadie, sister-in-law was also ordering from the website and looked after everything 😃

I got this cute baby blue hoodie in Dunnes yesterday. It has a sort of animal print on the arms and the hood. They are in pink too, €20.
    Dunnes have some very cute leisure and loungewear at the moment. In my local store they have moved some of their Savida and Gallery stuff into the nightwear section. Its not quite nightwear, but they have obviously tried to slip it in to try and sell some stuff. Its lovely though.

https://www.dunnesstores.com/p/gallery-animal-hoodie/2560885?colour=Blue

2560885_blue.jpg

That's gorgeous Ciarrai, what's the sizing like

jos28 wrote: »
    That's gorgeous Ciarrai, what's the sizing like

They are quite loose fitting. I got a medium as I wasn't sure if the small would be a bit too fitted on me (I don't like anything fitted), but the medium is fine, maybe a little bit loose, but I like it.

• Advertisement

Cheers, I think I'll go for M so

Advertisement