Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gas boiler servicing Waterford

• 05-01-2021 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hello, anyone recommend a good plumber to service a gas boiler. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭Bards

mick111112 wrote: »
    Hello, anyone recommend a good plumber to service a gas boiler. Thanks.

Advanced plumbing and Gas
    Andy 086 338 9381

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭mick111112

Just got in contact with Andy, sound chap and hopefully he will service once it gets a bit safer with the covid. Thanks for the Reply's lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭Bards

mick111112 wrote: »
    Just got in contact with Andy, sound chap and hopefully he will service once it gets a bit safer with the covid. Thanks for the Reply's lads.

Andy is sound... Really good lad... I used Byrnes before him and they are world's apart

• Registered Users Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Bards wrote: »
    Andy is sound... Really good lad... I used Byrnes before him and they are world's apart

Yeah i dont know how Byrnes is still in business, shocking customer service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

Bards wrote: »

Byrnes are a shower of c&%$s. Would go anywhere before I would use them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 panicbuyer

Gas technician was here a few hours ago, a few tests later, nothing wrong with the boiler, quick hoover, (which i had already done). The problem was in the large white 10" pipe running to outside, their is a 6" inner pipe which had collapsed, the two jubilee clips suspending it had failed and he wants €250 to fix it. Seems a bit much, coming back with the parts to finish the job Thursday. Any advice would be appreciated..Thks

• Registered Users Posts: 45 eddie r

Who done yours and charged €250 shame the cowboy thats extortionate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Sorry for digging this thread up, but has any one dealt with Andy in Advanced Plumbing & Gas recently? He serviced my boiler last year and I have tried ringing a few times to get another service this year, but no reply to calls or messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Absolutely typical! After a week of calls and no replies he rings me literally a minute after I posted that ^ 🤣

He's still going anyway, for anyone wondering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Advertisement