Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PPC Hybrid December 2020/2021

Options
  • 16-12-2020 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭

Hello everyone -

As promised, as classes are starting literally right now, I have created a PPC1 Hybrid 2021 thread. We might as well keep everything virtual!

Any questions about the application forms etc for those looking to apply can also go here! :cool:

And ofc... everyone got their iPads set up? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

Thanks so much for setting it up.Feel like a bit of a stalker because I am waiting on results! Best of luck to everyone today !

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Ianmc97

also waiting on results but was wondering could anyone currently in the hybrid PPC tell me. 1. is there lectures starting immediately and continuing over the Christmas. and 2. if you know, the actual workload per week, i.e. hours of lectures per week a break up of them even would be appreciated. I understand they are on demand for most if not all of them. just trying to plan for myself in case I do get in trying to balance work with lectures and then catching up on lectures at the same time. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Meg!

Did anyone get a call from the Law Society today about the Hybrid....... I did?

Also anyone who has started the Hybrid have ye a copy of the Timetable you could share?

Many thanks in advance

Was it not just the induction on the 16th and lectures starting the 8th of Jan ?

Meg! wrote: »

Also anyone who has started the Hybrid have ye a copy of the Timetable you could share?

Many thanks in advance

..what kind of call????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Shonagoring123

Many thanks in advance

Yes got the call also!

Don’t really want to give up the 8th & 9th to watching lectures all day for a course I may/may not have a place on so hopefully we do actually know before then!
    Cope of the timetable would be amazing if anyone would share

Yes got the call also!

Don’t really want to give up the 8th & 9th to watching lectures all day for a course I may/may not have a place on so hopefully we do actually know before then!
    Cope of the timetable would be amazing if anyone would share

Can you please let us know what the call was about ? I am worried now :(

Can you please let us know what the call was about ? I am worried now :(

Just to say we would get an email with the info and the links to register to catch up on the material from last week & to keep the 8th & 9th free for lectures those days.

I wouldn’t panic, I’d say there’s a list to get through. No email has arrived or anything so I’d say she’s still making her way through the list :)

Do you know the name of the person ? why do they do this to us !!!

I just got the Link to the moodle to catch up on the induction. Anyone else get it?

• Advertisement

I just got the Link to the moodle to catch up on the induction. Anyone else get it?

Yes, at work tho- will you let me know if there’s much to catch up on haha

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Fe1BB

Yes, at work tho- will you let me know if there’s much to catch up on haha

I didn’t get a phone call or an email... starting to panic now that it’s not a good sign :(

Fe1BB wrote: »
    I didn’t get a phone call or an email... starting to panic now that it’s not a good sign :(

Me either....

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Ianmc97

I got this too by email with no phone call before hand

Can anybody tell me here has everything that has been posted on the LS moodle page for the hybrid courses been covered to date. Trying to catch up.

For example for the business law module there are 4 lectures up have they ALL BEEN COVERED IN 2 DAYS?

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wonderstruck

Can anybody tell me here has everything that has been posted on the LS moodle page for the hybrid courses been covered to date. Trying to catch up.

For example for the business law module there are 4 lectures up have they ALL BEEN COVERED IN 2 DAYS?

They weren't covered in Dec they were just thrown up there for people to watch at their own pace before the tutorials :) Anyone need the timetable just shoot me out a PM I will make a more concerted effort to actually check my PMs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Lelila

Me either....

I haven't had a phone call or email either. Just an email acknowledging that they'd received my hybrid application & it was complete. I wish they wouldn't treat people differently. Here I am wondering if it's because I've failed the last exam, but it's probably just because they are disorganised.

Lelila wrote: »
    I haven't had a phone call or email either. Just an email acknowledging that they'd received my hybrid application & it was complete. I wish they wouldn't treat people differently. Here I am wondering if it's because I've failed the last exam, but it's probably just because they are disorganised.

For once we want them to be disorganised !

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wonderstruck

For once we want them to be disorganised !

Be positive they mightn't have even looked at your exam. I got back to everyone's PMs there. Best of luck to you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Law2020

Are there many people in the same position as myself. I am waiting on 2 results and hoping to start hybrid but I never got an email to catch up on lectures on the moodle page like some of you that have posted here. I feel so stressed and worried that I haven't passed now. I've sent numerous emails off to people in the law society and no one will respond.

For those of you that were given early access to moodle, have I missed much?

Probably a long shot to ask, but would anyone be willing to share the link with me so I can rewatch the lectures I've missed!

Thank you

• Advertisement

Law2020 wrote: »
    Are there many people in the same position as myself. I am waiting on 2 results and hoping to start hybrid but I never got an email to catch up on lectures on the moodle page like some of you that have posted here. I feel so stressed and worried that I haven't passed now. I've sent numerous emails off to people in the law society and no one will respond.

Probably a long shot to ask, but would anyone be willing to share the link with me so I can rewatch the lectures I've missed!

Thank you

I'm in the same boat, waiting on one result and didnt get provisional access . I have also sent numerous emails and left voice mails , I am literally going insane waiting on any form of an update especially with Friday so near. It's a nightmare!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Reya10

Law2020 wrote: »

Thank you

I am also waiting on two results. They rang me on the 22nd and said they are hoping they will be out before the 8th, but this is looking less and less likely now.

I got provisional access but you need to set up an account with your exam number and password so there isn't a link I can send on to you unfortunately. There is also no timetable or anything so no idea what's coming up this weekend and if there's anything in particular that should be prepared/caught up on.

If by some miracle we get the results and can join Friday I will be very behind I'm sure!

Reya10 wrote: »
    I am also waiting on two results. They rang me on the 22nd and said they are hoping they will be out before the 8th, but this is looking less and less likely now.

I got provisional access but you need to set up an account with your exam number and password so there isn't a link I can send on to you unfortunately. There is also no timetable or anything so no idea what's coming up this weekend and if there's anything in particular that should be prepared/caught up on.

If by some miracle we get the results and can join Friday I will be very behind I'm sure!

Did they give you the impression that they were aware of your result? I just got an email from Fiona in the fe1 section saying its Monday for results "provisionally" ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 FE1HOPEFUL

Hi all, I am also waiting for results and hoping to start the hybrid.

I presume we are not to attend the lectures on 8 and 9 Jan if we haven't received our results by then? And if we receive them next week then will just join the next lot of lectures after that...

I got the impression from the phone call before Christmas that we would receive them this week to allow us to join the classes on 8 and 9 but that looks a lot less likely if the FE1 section replied to you to say that it would be Monday "provisionally", even for those waiting to join Hybrid..

Did they give you the impression that they were aware of your result? I just got an email from Fiona in the fe1 section saying its Monday for results "provisionally" ...

No not at all, it was Hilary Kavanagh from the PPC section who rang me and the first thing she said is that she doesn’t have the results and that she has nothing to do with the fe1 section. She just said they were hoping we would have them so that we could join the course on 8th jan.

She did say she was working through a list of people to call so it’s surprising they left people out.

That would be annoying if it’s not until Monday but at least there would be some clarity, really wish they would stop giving out conflicting information all the time

FE1HOPEFUL wrote: »
    Hi all, I am also waiting for results and hoping to start the hybrid.

I presume we are not to attend the lectures on 8 and 9 Jan if we haven't received our results by then? And if we receive them next week then will just join the next lot of lectures after that...

I got the impression from the phone call before Christmas that we would receive them this week to allow us to join the classes on 8 and 9 but that looks a lot less likely if the FE1 section replied to you to say that it would be Monday "provisionally", even for those waiting to join Hybrid..

I asked Hilary this when she called and she said we can’t join on the 8th if the results haven’t been released

I got the bellow response ....

Please note the provisional release date is Monday 11th January 2021.

Fiona O’Flaherty   |  Exam Administrator

Law Society of Ireland, Blackhall Place, Dublin 7 (DX 79 Dublin), Ireland D07 VY24

How many of us are waiting on results ?

I was hopeful we would hear something this week but its now Wednesday!

How many of us are waiting on results ?

I was hopeful we would hear something this week but its now Wednesday!

I am. I think it's only fair we know this week. Is there anything we can do collectively?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Fe1BB

I am. I think it's only fair we know this week. Is there anything we can do collectively?

I am too and still haven’t heard anything about being given provisional access while waiting for results. It’s all starting to stress me out :(

Advertisement