Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2020 Forum Games Awards Ceremony

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In THIRD Place with 27 Points

Reberetta

500bd3de21a005b07eaf5b47390faa7b.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,681 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I voted for three tournaments, none have been and there's two places left...

...I will lose my shıt!
    Not really losing it... but the football crests and World Cup Goals deserved inclusion!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In SECOND Place with 39 Points

Electric Nitwit

33106ecb25a4cd1fb3dfa9bf3befcd45.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Necro wrote: »
    And in FIRST Place – with a HUMONGOUS 69 Points

Omackeral’s Ultimate Irish Landmarks

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058119400

It simply had to be, imo. An All-Ireland with a twist, and some shocks along the way in the county showdowns to boot.

All compiled excellently by an incredible game host.

(He's got a new tournament taking nominations at the moment too btw)
    539e6b1b14d803ff3e771265a8f9f7ad.gif

And in FIRST Place with a humbling 56 points….

NECRO

tenor.gif?itemid=5676898

Not sure I really deserve it as most of my Sheep/Peehs are simple enough but thanks everyone for the votes. I am humbled :)

• Advertisement

Another individual category for our penultimate Award and it's back to Tournaments for

Best Tournament Host

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

Very surprised that the Football Club Crests tournament didn't get a mention.

Maybe people are still shellshocked from the finals of Elephant FC vs Goat FC and the going ons of both camps.

In FIFTH Place

Reberetta

BabyishAppropriateAnchovy-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Agreed - could probably win boards thread of the year, if there was such a thing. Joyful and educating from start to finish

I like to imagine Mackers sat in a cave somewhere now, not caring at all about awards. Maybe eating a raw cow. He'll emerge to run the sports venues, then disappear again

CluelessWhoppingAstrangiacoral-size_restricted.gif

This me explaining to herself there's another tournie a-brewing and I just have to ok!!!

In SECOND Place with 39 Points

Electric Nitwit
    And in FIRST Place with a humbling 56 points….

NECRO

tenor.gif?itemid=5676898

Not sure I really deserve it as most of my Sheep/Peehs are simple enough but thanks everyone for the votes. I am humbled :)
    Very well deserved Necro!
    And thanks for all my votes, I'm delighted with the silver medal :)

And "simple enough", says the inventor of triple threat and EMU :p

• Advertisement

In FOURTH Place

Also Starring LeVar Burton

200_d.gif

Only ran one tournament this year but it was a classic, and introduced us to the Second Chance Showdown.

Maybe 2021 will be the year for a UK/Irish Comedy stars battle royale eh ;)

To the podium!!

tenor.gif?itemid=4654103

In THIRD Place with 29 points

Kolido

A top year and some output in tournament terms for Kolido. Thoroughly deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

In FOURTH Place

Also Starring LeVar Burton

200_d.gif

Only ran one tournament this year but it was a classic, and introduced us to the Second Chance Showdown.

Maybe 2021 will be the year for a UK/Irish Comedy stars battle royale eh ;)

Jaysis, wasn't expecting to be in the running fot this at all, as I only had the one and it was way back at the start of lockdown (the OG lockdown that is, in March).

Cheers again for anyone who gave me votes.

In SECOND Place with 35 points

Necro

source.gif

Silver medal for myself - personally I felt Kol and Strawbs were more deserving than myself but thank you nonetheless for the votes

And in FIRST Place, taking home the bacon with 48 points

Omackeral!!

tenor.gif?itemid=10692456

Again, deserving winner here. My 1-2-3 were Omack, Kol and Strawbs here but definitely and completely deserving the title with some classics is our Omack.

Here's to more in 2021!!

Which brings us to our final voting category

Best Overall Game

giphy.gif

In JOINT Third Place

Forum Games Table Quiz

AND

Also Starring LeVar Burton’s Walrus

AND

Strawberry Milkshake’s Greatest Song Sung by A Female Artist

In SECOND Place

MSPAINT!!

And in FIRST Place – despite not having been played since 3rd June, 2020…

CODENAMES

7pmA.gif

Either some people are trying to tell us something OR we’re being massively trolled. :D:D:D:D

Anyways, Kudos to the victors.

Thanks for reading along folks, it's been a good year for the Forum. Hopefully 2021 will bring more of the same, or even better!!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

In JOINT Third Place

Also Starring LeVar Burton’s Walrus

That gobsh*te again! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,999 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Congrats to all Winners and Congrats to all whoever Hosted a Game, its never easy, especially as people don't see the behind-the-scenes work that goes in to them.

And Congrats to Necro for Winning the Bonus Prize of Best Forum Game Awards Host!!! Job well done, as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

ah, thank you Necro!! Always a pleasure to follow one of your threads!!

Great work, thanks for running these Necro!
    Deserving winners all round, especially in the categories I podiumed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Great reveal Necro, thanks for hosting. Congrats to all the winners and everyone involved. Really has been a great year on forum games, looking forward to another.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Brilliant as always, thanks to everyone through this weird year for all the entertainment and games that was had, ye are all amazeballs, and this little corner of the Internet really does rule it all!

Cheers Necro, a great host as always and some well deserved winners

Well done everyone! Thanks for keeping us all entertained with your amazing games and tournaments. And thanks for hosting the awards Necro, great job! :)

Very surprised that the Football Club Crests tournament didn't get a mention.

Maybe people are still shellshocked from the finals of Elephant FC vs Goat FC and the going ons of both camps.

They did get votes certainly - full table for the tournament votes (of those that got 10 or more points)

Best Forum Game Tournament: Points
    Ultimate Irish Landmark 69
    Best Christmas Song 59
    Ultimate World Landmark 58
    Best Song of the 80s 44
    Greatest Song Sung by a Female Artist 42
    Greatest Cartoon 40
    Greatest Song from the Movies 37
    Eurovision Song Contest 34
    Best Song of the 90s 31
    Greatest TV Show Theme Tune 31
    Best Song of the 70s 28
    Greatest FIFA World Cup Goal 25
    Ultimate Football Club Crest 25
    Greatest Song from the 2010s 23
    Game of Thrones Greatest Character 21
    The Worst Song of All Time 19
    Best Song of the 60s 18
    Greatest Cover Song 17
    Greatest Music Act of All Time 14
    Greatest Movie Star of the 90s 14
    Greatest Sitcom Character (US & Canada edition) 12
    Boybands VS Girl Power 10
    Ultimate State/Provincial Flags of USA and Canada 10

Trigger wrote: »
    ...ye are all amazeballs, and this little corner of the Internet really does rule it all!
    I didn't want to be too soppy but as Trig said, this is a brilliant place thanks to everyone here, especially the game runners. Thanks all :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

Congratulations to the victors.

Danke Necro and thanks to those who voted for me.

Any chance you could reveal who voted for whom so we know who the egomaniacs are who voted for themselves?

Coughalsostarringlevarburtoncough. ;)

Advertisement