Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pacific 201 (A Star Trek Fan Production)

• 15-11-2020 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭

https://www.pacific201.com/
    The year is 2200. Four decades have passed since the devastating ROMULAN WAR, and mankind is eager to resume peaceful exploration of the stars.

Hopes and dreams ride with the launch of Earth's newest starship. But the final frontier is full of untold dangers, and it will take a crew of incredible bravery and fortitude to boldly go into the unknown.

Pacific 201 is a fan-made hobby project made in our free time as a celebration of what Star Trek means to us. Everybody involved is a volunteer.

^^^ Part 2 coming in December.

CGI looks good but costumes/wardrobe feels like the didn't have enough in the budget, or couldn't use proper uniforms due to rights issues.

Was in 2 minds, even to share this, main story told in flashback, so give it sometime to get going.

Strange: - Pacific 201: A Star Trek Fan Production (2017) <<< Was this previously released?

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭corkie

PACIFIC 201 (A Star Trek Fan Production) Part 2

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭Rawr

Watched it a while back.
    Pretty well done as Fan Productions go, and what impressed me the most was a very convincing design and feel of everything that felt right between ENT and TOS.

The costumes looked cheap as all hell, and looked like standard naval jumpers with the department colour strips hastily stitched into the shoulder patches. The XO's uniform looked like a bit of a rush-job.

The acting was....probably the best they could get....I don't like slagging off what was probably just the most able bunch of the fans taking on the roles, but it could have been better.

But still...as a fan production, and much like Axinar, they presented a much better vision of pre-TOS Trek than CBS...yet again...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I applaud the dedication and obvious love that goes into these productions - and the FX here look great - but the shoddy acting is always a barrier too high for me to get over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭Rawr

pixelburp wrote: »
    I applaud the dedication and obvious love that goes into these productions - and the FX here look great - but the shoddy acting is always a barrier too high for me to get over.

+1

While watching I kept thinking that if CBS / Paramount could actually pick up this production with a budget for professional actors and more sets (looks like they only had 2), it has the makings of a pretty good sci-fi thriller.

I have little faith in Paramount getting the same great balance between ENT and TOS style, but if they somehow *could* manage that, I would be up for watching a whole Pacific 201 movie where the crew try to salvage their stricken starship before it is too late.

I'd drop having that "briefing" throughout the movie, except for maybe at the beginning and end.

Advertisement