Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Digital TV Looping Scan

• 04-01-2021 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi there,
    I recently bought a TCL TV from amazon and I'm am having a frustration issue with the Saorview channels. After preforming a channel scan the TV finds all the channels and it is possible to view them at high quality and the TV says the signal strength is at 94%.
    But every minute or so the picture and sound drop out and come back quickly again. Does anyone understand what this problem is or how to fix it ?
    Any help appreciated!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭greasepalm

What type of aerial are you using,if indoor move aerial to another position.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 shedelement29

I've used an arial wired through my house (in attic with a socket on the wall) and a bunny ears arial both with the same issue. I don't believe the arial is the issue as the both work fine with the external saorview box I used before I got this TV

In tuner setup does it allow to set your location to the nearest transmitter.

No the only options are auto or manual. I've tried with both methods. I looked up the closest repeater to me and manually entered the broadcasting frequencies (Channels). Both had the same issue.

What model tv as many issues crop up with google.

• Advertisement

TCL 43DP628

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Hi there,
    I recently bought a TCL TV from amazon and I'm am having a frustration issue with the Saorview channels. After preforming a channel scan the TV finds all the channels and it is possible to view them at high quality and the TV says the signal strength is at 94%.
    But every minute or so the picture and sound drop out and come back quickly again. Does anyone understand what this problem is or how to fix it ?
    Any help appreciated!

Does the picture only break up on RTE One and RTE2 ?

Also did you buy it from Amazon.co.uk ?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/TCL-43DP628-Smart-Freeview-43-Inch/dp/B07GT9D8VX/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=TCL+43DP628&qid=1609867903&sr=8-1

No it breaks on all 7 saorview channels. Yes it is that TV from amazon.

Freeview is UK where we use Saorview and wondered if not compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

No it breaks on all 7 saorview channels. Yes it is that TV from amazon.

The tuner in your TV might be more sensitive than the Saorview box you had been using. It has to be a signal issue if you can view the channels but they break up occasionally

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

The tuner in your TV might be more sensitive than the Saorview box you had been using. It has to be a signal issue if you can view the channels but they break up occasionally

Surely if the tuner on TV was more sensitive this would mean it would pick up a better signal than Saorview box? Does the OP still use Saorview box? If so the aerial cable will be going first into Saorview box and then to TV meaning a longer cable run to TV than to Saorview box and hence greater loss of signal. I would suggest if this is the case plugging aerial cable straight into TV and see what signal is like.

My signal on Rte2 vanished on box and tv and had to move aerial again.

Advertisement