Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Policy Change Price Query

• 04-01-2021 10:31pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Can someone please help me understand a quote i just received to change my existing car insurance policy from Offaly to Kerry?

14th December
    • Went online and got a new policy quote for €691.70 using the new address, and my details.
    • Called to check how much it would cost to change the address, and i was told a refund of roughly €180 was due when i changed the address.
    • Happy with that, and was told to call back closer to the move date.
    4th January
    • Went online and got a new policy quote for €700.92 using the new address, and my details.
    • Called to make the policy change and I was told no refund would be given when i changed the address.
    • I was told prices change and quotes from two weeks ago don't really count.
    I understand policy prices can change, but can you tell me how a mid policy change would be €180 different, when the new policy prices are within €10 of each other? For an area that is considered a lower risk then where i currently live?

I asked the woman on the phone to query it with the underwriter, so waiting on a reply, but i would really like to understand this.

Kiith

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 163 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Una

Kiith wrote: »
    Hi,

Can someone please help me understand a quote i just received to change my existing car insurance policy from Offaly to Kerry?

14th December
    • Went online and got a new policy quote for €691.70 using the new address, and my details.
    • Called to check how much it would cost to change the address, and i was told a refund of roughly €180 was due when i changed the address.
    • Happy with that, and was told to call back closer to the move date.

[*]
    4th January
    • Went online and got a new policy quote for €700.92 using the new address, and my details.
    • Called to make the policy change and I was told no refund would be given when i changed the address.
    • I was told prices change and quotes from two weeks ago don't really count.

[*]
    I understand policy prices can change, but can you tell me how a mid policy change would be €180 different, when the new policy prices are within €10 of each other? For an area that is considered a lower risk then where i currently live?

I asked the woman on the phone to query it with the underwriter, so waiting on a reply, but i would really like to understand this.

Kiith
    [*]
    Hi Kiith,
    Can you PM your policy reference so we can look into this for you.
    Thanks
    Una

Advertisement