Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hell Let Loose

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭ Salvador Rapid Freezer

Pre alpha footage looks better than a lot of games on full release :P

Looks very similar to PUBG with WW2 skins to me. I am very interested to see this being released although I am quite cynical of the crowdfunding part. I just hope they don't have hardware issues with the 100 player maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Pre alpha footage looks better than a lot of games on full release :P

Looks very similar to PUBG with WW2 skins to me. I am very interested to see this being released although I am quite cynical of the crowdfunding part. I just hope they don't have hardware issues with the 100 player maps.
    To be fair it's more like ARMA than PUBG . But i really like the detail of the hedgerows etc No other game has managed to make them look as realistic. Still a long way to go looks very promising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭squawker

anybody play this yet?

I see its available on Steam today in Early Access

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭Heckler

squawker wrote: »
    anybody play this yet?

I see its available on Steam today in Early Access

Have had my eye on this for a while. Looks great. Am away from my desktop for a few days but will be buying when I have use of it again. Don't mind waiting a few days as there will be the usual issues with connection, crashes, patches etc.

Released on D-Day...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Reviws atin going well for it, started as tactical in alpha ends out as a faster shooter be early access release.

Will wait for one of you to buy it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭squawker

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Reviws atin going well for it, started as tactical in alpha ends out as a faster shooter be early access release.

Will wait for one of you to buy it :)

I bought it, can't resist WW2 games

Only played one map and this took 1 hour to finish, have to say I had an absolute blast

It's like a mixture of Squad and Red Orchestra, its still pretty bare bones with regards to content, pretty confident this will change in the near future

but the core gameplay is a winner for me

Bought and downloaded sooner than expected. Now in an endless loop of Ready to Launch and an endless spinning circle...........

In now and had about half an hour. Died a lot hah. Looks good. Needs people willing to play on comms. Impressive for early access.

Blaming you lot!!

Downloading.....

Nice looking game, anyone on the fence its basically Squad in WW2, if you like Squad and WW2.

PLays very well but like squad you do need to communicate to play effectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

I bought it last night. I've played and love Squad but I feel this game still leaves something to be desired. And barely any squads communicate. At least in the 4 hours I was playing last night. I know its early access and will give it another whirl tonight :)

• Advertisement

3gb update today with a new map.

playerbase seems to have dropped off tho.

Major Additions

Utah Beach map

This map has been hugely fun to develop. It mixes the Atlantic Wall defensive network with beach terrain, with sunken countryside, urban fights, and lots of new challenges - including navigating drainage ditches and bodies of water. We’re also excited to see how it plays out in the soon to be implemented second gamemode, Invasion.

“Luchs” German Light Tank

This thing is an infantry death machine. The name of the game of the Luchs is hit and run. Firing an explosive auto-cannon - it’ll rip apart infantry and lighter armored vehicles with ease.

Stuart American Light Tank

Similar to a more lightly armored Sherman, the Stuart relies on its speed to quickly flank and strike. Using speed to strike will be crucial to survivability.

Resource Nodes

Fuel, Munitions and Manpower Resource Nodes added to the Engineer role list of deployables. You’ll be able to see their modifier for resource generation on the HUD and on the map screen.

Starting resources for teams have been reduced to 500 from 1000 in order to better balance out resource quantity and encourage resource node placement.

Make a splash with water!

Water now functions in game to slow players down as it gets deeper. Submerging yourself will also cause you to drown.

Gameplay and Performance

General
    Reworked tracers for better performance, visual quality, depth and light. They are now 3D.
    Fix for known config file exploits (fog removal etc.)
    Improved visibility of bullet hit effects at 50m, 75m, 100m, and 125m distances.
    Performance
    Optimised Smoke Grenade FX
    Continued radical optimisations for both texture streaming and poly count across every map and prop.
    Functionality
    Added FOV slider (with first-person FOV compensation). Currently boosting the FOV to 120 offsets the muzzle flash FX in FPP. We’re going to introduce a fix for this.
    Server browser now displays better in lower resolutions.
    Fixed sector capture cool-down UI issue where map icon could appear in the wrong state.
    Changed nameplate settings options so that these should be clearer to users.
    Compass HUD element has been upgraded.
    Loadout HUD element has been upgraded.
    Scoreboard and end of round screens have been upgraded to better show all information.
    Made VoIP chat name colours better visible on deployment screen.
    Allowed players to disable all icons in HUD.
    All in-game URLs now launched through Steambrowser.
    Adjustment for Depth of Field when bandaging.
    If leaning when deploying a LMG the player no longer remains in a lean.
    Dismembering critically wounded friendlies no longer counts as a TK.
    Added option to allow you to hard toggle chat box visibility.
    Updated medic revive icon.
    Tank UIs have been updated and will continue updates.
    Tanks have a new reticle for the Hull MG.
    SFX
    Artillery sounds re-worked in order to create a less muddy dynamic range with increased modular debris fall-off.
    Close bullet fly-by sounds have been reworked.
    Hearing an impact sound when giving up has been fixed.
    Hurtgen Forest
    Overhaul of central SP’s to introduce stronger fortifications and more solid cover.
    Fixed small clipping issues.
    Fixed locations players could become stuck on level geometry.
    Added fog to better help with longer range depth perception.

Sainte-Marie-Du-Mont
    Altered layout of hedges to better allow tank access.
    Lowered total sun brightness to reduce clipping on highlights.

Foy
    Fixed tank collision issues on small props
    Added select cover and trenches in locations that caused meat-grinder pushes through open ground.

Visual Improvements
    Tweaked vehicle main cannon fire shake so that it doesn’t roll so excessively
    Added Depth of Field effects added to weapons for hipfire and ADS
    Post-processing effect has been added to all UI screens to give them added vibrancy and visual quality.
    Fix for explosion FX playing on the wrong axis - causing majority of the explosion to occur in the wrong direction.
    Starting to overhaul the main menu screen in preparation for cosmetic/progression systems.
    Artillery explosions have increased debris (now matching the audio).
    Animation
    Fixed delay on BAR ADS animation if user had reloaded immediately before ADS
    Luger magazine now present in TPP for reload animations
    Bug Fixes
    Improved network/server optimisation to help improve situations where users would see other players moving in a stuttering/’teleporting’ fashion depending on object relevancy and priority
    Fix issue where tank shells could delay 1-2 seconds after impact before detonating
    Fix for issue where tracers may not be correctly aligned with the direction of fire for LMGs and Tank MGs
    Increased character limit on scoreboard from 16 to 20
    Fixed issue where engineers could dismantle pre-placed tank resupply stations
    Fixed issue where hit indicator did not correctly work with sniper rounds
    Fixed issue where garrisons did not consume commander airdrop supplies
    Fixed issue where player could be listed as ‘no platoon’ on the scoreboard after team switch
    Fixed issue where users could see the other teams resource values on their map after team switch
    Fixed some instances of overly aggressive grass LODing
    Fixed issue where users could join an enemy unit based on timing specific actions
    ‘Change Map’ window can no longer be stuck on screen if active when a game ends by victory
    Fixed problem where users could hear smoke grenade audio from a previous life
    Fixed the issue with the player remaining in the idle animation if he sprints whilst crouched as seen from the FPP
    Fixed the issue with reviving a player who was crouched before he shot as he would appear to jitter in TPP after having been revived
    Fixed the issue with driving over the scorched craters causing the effect to appear in/on the driver's viewport
    Fixed the issue with scorched earth effect visible over wrecked tanks
    Fixed cases where it was difficult to determine speaking players in the UI.
    Known Issues
    Sometimes (1/10 chance) when deploying a resource node, the node will be invisible and cannot be deconstructed although it still provides resources to the deploying team. This will be hotfixed.
    Firing into water produces a bullet hit from the surface beneath the water in addition to a water particle.
    Currently Working On
    Unit management features such as locking and kicking.
    Continued overhaul of stock UI and HUD features to make them better looking and better functioning - including pinging, marks, Commander screen, role selection screens, vehicle HUDs, artillery HUDs, heavy weapons HUDs.
    Continued digging of server browser display issue.
    Flamethrower FPP setup.
    Continued logging and bugging of VOIP channels
    Progression system.
    Stats system.
    Cosmetic system.
    Polishing FPP experience to make it more fluid
    Smoothing out mantling and vaulting from FPP perspective.
    Re-assessing MG deployment mechanic in order to increase functionality and fluidity.
    Replacing current fat FPP hands with photoreal hands and integrating new sleeves to reflect new uniforms.
    Currently beginning work on full mocap overhaul of all TPP animations.
    Working on Western Front backer map #1 (a very iconic map).
    Working on Western Front urban map (also an iconic location).
    Setting up a new tank.
    Doing testing on wheeled vehicles (this is complicated by the final polish/overhaul we’re doing to both FPP and TPP animations).
    Scoping out scope polish and visual enhancements.
    Addition of ambient audio to all maps in line with Utah Beach.
    Continued audio work in investigating new audio engine implementation.
    Continued overhaul of audio assets within the game.
    New US victory song coming.
    Re-assessing supply boxes and ammo boxes to remove ugly “redeploy” gameplay loop.
    Continued visual upgrades and optimisations on all maps and fx.
    Continued bug fixes across the entire spectrum.
    Various community reported bug fixes, including – Servers not appearing on browser and Proximity VoIP instability. If you believe servers are not appearing for you / the game looks empty when it shouldn’t be, please try the workaround listed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

great game, since March last year I've dumped BFV for it and never looked back :)
    btw, if anyones looking for a decent squad to play with, check http://www.1ad-clan.com :)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ABE

Hey do we have many Hell Let Loose players here?

Looking to see if we have enough players that would like to play in squads regularly.

Leave a reply if your interested.

ABE

We have a Hell Let Loose server running for Irish/UK players.

Search for:
    [UK / IRE] The Irish Guard .com - Recruiting - Beer Drinkers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Old thread at this stage but do the TIG boys still knock about ABE playing Hell Let Loose??? I used to personally make Fairy my plaything back in BF2.....LOL.

Old thread at this stage, anyone on boards still playing this?

New update out recently has improved the game alot. Shoulld give it a look tbh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yeah TIG still at it.
    http://www.theirishguard.com/

You play HLL at all scull?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭FluffPiece

I play it a lot on and off. The last update has its pros and cons as normal I suppose.

Overall I still firmly believe it's a great game but it's certainly not without it's flaws, however the devs actively try to amend those flaws so it's still worth buying and trying it out.

Bit of a learning curve but worth sticking through it.

Anyone trying it out, stay away from the official servers and use the community ones that would have an admin presence. I use 2.FJg server but there's a few good servers out there. In general there's not much toxic players but you know the usual

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    You play HLL at all scull?

Not yet but planning to, im a sucker for realism shooters but bought into quite a few early access that have not delivered.
    I held off on HLL mainly because of poor performance but i hear its improving all the time.
    Currently getting my realism shooter fix with Insurgency Sandstorm,the Hunter call of the wild [shocked i even like this but im loving it] also some rising storm 2 vietnam [basically red orchestra in nam]
    I will probably buy HLL today as the steam sale ends tomorrow i believe.

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    Not yet but planning to, im a sucker for realism shooters but bought into quite a few early access that have not delivered.
    I held off on HLL mainly because of poor performance but i hear its improving all the time.
    Currently getting my realism shooter fix with Insurgency Sandstorm,the Hunter call of the wild [shocked i even like this but im loving it] also some rising storm 2 vietnam [basically red orchestra in nam]
    I will probably buy HLL today as the steam sale ends tomorrow i believe.

Well I absolutely hate realism shooters, but I loved this cant stop playing it....it really is incredible when you get a good squad and a good game going.

Dont know if Im on your stream list of friends but add me as I just got it too so we can DIE TOGETHER!

Whats your steam name?

:pac:

FluffPiece wrote: »
    I play it a lot on and off. The last update has its pros and cons as normal I suppose.

Overall I still firmly believe it's a great game but it's certainly not without it's flaws, however the devs actively try to amend those flaws so it's still worth buying and trying it out.

Anyone trying it out, stay away from the official servers and use the community ones that would have an admin presence. I use 2.FJg server but there's a few good servers out there. In general there's not much toxic players but you know the usual

Good stuff, add me on steam fella any help I can get would be brilliant.

Cant stand the locked squads ****e....with 2-3 people for the round :mad:

Really steep learning curve more so for me as I never play the realism shooters but this one is BRILLIANT.

Steam Code: 33219355

hey guys

Yea TiG is still playing Hell Let Loose.

Jump on discord and join the squad youll find a link on the website.

8pm on Monday, Wednesdays and Sundays are the main days.

We play on friday also but early, when you drink hell let loose gets too hard to play :pac:

see yous soon, might be quiet for the next week due to the depression of end of holidays

Might jump on and get some pro tips.....cheers fella.

Played a few games on random server lastnight.
    First two were terrible, i hadnt a clue about the mechanics involved and squads didnt talk.
    Was considering a refund as i was just below the steam 2 hours refund time but said feck it and played another game and managed to be in a good squad and the difference was remarkable.

Gunplay is basically red orchestra and insurgency games so i felt right at home but theres a lot more to it with resources etc.
    Atmosphere is spot on, easily the best WW2 experience ive had since the days of DOD and COD1/2.

Thought it would be funny to record my first spawn and death in the game lastnight , short vid ofcourse :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Dcully wrote: »
    Thought it would be funny to record my first spawn and death in the game lastnight , short vid ofcourse :P

Looks tense. That David chap was going full Rambo with the machine gun. :pac:

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Looks tense. That David chap was going full Rambo with the machine gun. :pac:

Yeah, you would know he was not paying for the bullets...

FluffPiece wrote: »

Great server and seems to be a decent community on there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

if you guys looking for decent server to play on, try 1AD. There are active admins for almost all the time so no ****ery there :)

Advertisement