Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mister Auto gone?

Options
  • 30-12-2020 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Website not working last few days anyone used them recently?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Has a message saying the website and services are unavailable and that they're working on it.

Looks a bit like they weren’t expecting Brexit to actually happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭AuldDaysul

Try Autodoc instead, although you can't get it sent to PM for free anymore. They have a ridiculous £28 delivery charge to Ireland. UK and NI is either free or max £8. I emailed them asking why is it so expensive and would they look at the cost of shipping to Ireland post Brexit. They said they would review the situation in 2021, maybe more Irish customers should email them as they are a great seller but nobody will pay £28 for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Why try them if their delivery is so expensive?

• Advertisement

The price of the stuff might be cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Whocare

Isn't mister auto from France so Brexit should make no difference right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Why try them if their delivery is so expensive?

Sometimes it works out well when you can dig down for the specific brand of part you want. ...and you're not in any rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭dmc17

I found them hit and miss at the best of times. You'd order a more expensive brand of part and they send you whatever brand they have in stock.

I've started using motorparts.ie and have found them great so far. Good prices, fast delivery and they are an Irish company.

dmc17 wrote: »
    I found them hit and miss at the best of times. You'd order a more expensive brand of part and they send you whatever brand they have in stock.

I've started using motorparts.ie and have found them great so far. Good prices, fast delivery and they are an Irish company.

Also - https://www.irishautoparts.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I have never had any issues with Misterauto, I have used them for years.
    They are part of the PSA group now and are probably rejigging the website because of Brexit.
    I find they have a very wide range of parts available compared to most other websites.
    I have tried Autoteile as well but the postage is very expensive however some of the parts are not available elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 btree

I have recently purchased a pair of shock absorbers on mister-auto. ie for a very good deal.
    mancity1 wrote: »
    Website not working last few days anyone used them recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Ketron

It must be a brexit thing. I was waiting for disks and pads to be delivered early in the new year and they cancelled my order without notice. Can't order again from them now as they are not accepting orders from IE/UK. (The contential sites versions display no warnings on them)

They were a couple of hundred cheaper than Irish sites for decent brands.

Any other recommendations? Have tried the mentioned sites, they either have only some obscure brand in stock or are really expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Ordered through the App yesterday and had no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭ongarite

Think the problem is that the parts transit through the UK on way to Ireland.
    That creates a big logistics, paperwork issue as they are leaving the EU and then imported again.

Unless these companies book space on direct EU to Ireland ferries, we could be back to buying local again for some time.
    Amazon have foreseen this exact issue and booked guaranteed space on the ferry daily.

Ketron wrote: »
    It must be a brexit thing. I was waiting for disks and pads to be delivered early in the new year and they cancelled my order without notice. Can't order again from them now as they are not accepting orders from IE/UK. (The contential sites versions display no warnings on them)

They were a couple of hundred cheaper than Irish sites for decent brands.

Any other recommendations? Have tried the mentioned sites, they either have only some obscure brand in stock or are really expensive.

Have you tried Amazon? That's where I've been getting pads and discs recently (Brembo, Ferodo, Febi) and sometimes if you're lucky and there's only one set in stock it may be heavily discounted).

Amazon deducts the UK VAT in the checkout and adds IE VAT along with an estimate of the import charges for collection.

Also try GSF, Otto, Eurocarparts etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Ketron

Have you tried Amazon? That's where I've been getting pads and discs recently (Brembo, Ferodo, Febi) and sometimes if you're lucky and there's only one set in stock it may be heavily discounted).

Amazon deducts the UK VAT in the checkout and adds IE VAT along with an estimate of the import charges for collection.

Also try GSF, Otto, Eurocarparts etc.

Actually lads didn't realise autodoc was a German company so I've just put in an order with them. Was worried about buying from a UK site with customs etc.

Even with the €30 shipping my order was €40 cheaper than misterauto! Deadly thanks for the help :)

Ketron wrote: »
    Actually lads didn't realise autodoc was a German company so I've just put in an order with them. Was worried about buying from a UK site with customs etc.

Even with the €30 shipping my order was €40 cheaper than misterauto! Deadly thanks for the help :)

Was thinking autodoc shoukd have better stock and usually better prices than mister auto... For anyone else looking at autodoc, the app is always cheaper than the dodgy looking websites, they have that constant sale type of marketing but 38% is usually the max discount on the app.

The app sends notifications when the 'sale' % changes. I just save stuff in the basket and then usually once a week or so the 38% sale comes around. If more people send them emails about the postage costs they might actually see a market here and have more competitive postage. £28 is a sickener.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭drogon.

Sorry to drag this post back up again, but does anyone know if buying from https://www.mister-auto.ie will incur customs or are they shipped from Ireland and/or the continent ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Whocare

There no customs changes with mister auto. Order good 5 or 6 times from mister auto over last year and no customs fees

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭drogon.

Advertisement