Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW 17 Captains pick

Options
  • 31-12-2020 11:26am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

On Bruno.

Couldn't see anyone picking a Chelsea or City player this weekend, that's what "other" is there for.

This has to be a 1st.

GW 17 Captains pick 142 votes

DCL(WHM)
    47% 67 votes
    Antonio(eve)
    0% 1 vote
    Fernandes(AST)
    0% 0 votes
    Grealish(mun)
    16% 23 votes
    Watkins(mun)
    0% 0 votes
    Son(LEE)
    0% 0 votes
    Kane(LEE)
    16% 24 votes
    Bamford(tot)
    10% 15 votes
    Vardy(new)
    0% 0 votes
    Ings(LIV)
    1% 2 votes
    Salah(sou)
    0% 0 votes
    Other - specify in thread
    7% 10 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Son for me. Pretty much have him because of this game

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

has to be Bruno for me, any news on the city players yet , as in test results ect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Kane. Brought him in for a hit last gameweek which didn't work out so I'll double down and give him the armband again this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Son. Should be an open game, and Spurs should be a little fresher from the extra rest

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Bruno for me. So consistent. Although Son v Leeds is tempting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Bruno (C), Kane (VC)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Bottled Bruno last week, not this week. Salah has not looked sharp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Bottled Bruno last week, not this week. Salah has not looked sharp.

he might not have looked sharp but he has had chances ....and like all things salah .... he could explode and get a massive points haul - even if he has 25/30mins on the pitch.

he blanked against west brom and newcastle and got a penalty against fulham ...so ...logic says he will get a good points haul soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Close one between Bruno and Son.

Will leave it to last minute

• Registered Users Posts: 16,630 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Same dilemma between Bruno & Son.

Spurs game will be wide open so went for Son in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,624 ✭✭✭shmeee

Klonker wrote: »
    Kane. Brought him in for a hit last gameweek which didn't work out so I'll double down and give him the armband again this week.

Brought in Kane on the WC for 16/17...

So need him to hit now and then I'll either stick or move to Vardy for 19.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,660 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

dahat wrote: »
    Same dilemma between Bruno & Son.

Spurs game will be wide open so went for Son in the end.

Based on this - i think i'll go for Son, however my record of captaining Son this season has been

GW3 1 point
    GW7 2 points

Both times he was at home, and it at home tomorrow - but i think as it's going to be wide open that he's probably the best shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,821 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Are penalties still enough to justify Kane over Son as the prime Spurs pick this week?

Obviously Son is setup for this kind of game but I think his clean sheet point potential is lower this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

CSF wrote: »
    Are penalties still enough to justify Kane over Son as the prime Spurs pick this week?

Obviously Son is setup for this kind of game but I think his clean sheet point potential is lower this week.

Clean sheet potential and extra point for goals lead me in Son’s favour

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Torn between Son and Bruno but think Villa might keep it tight so edging towards Son.

callaway92 wrote: »
    Clean sheet potential and extra point for goals lead me in Son’s favour
    Defo a factor in his favour. I think after 2 Salah consecutive captain blanks, the captain blank risk is weighing heavier on my mind than it should be. Haul potential should always be the most significant factor.

Not even 100% certain I bring in Kane yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,218 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I have Son and Salah no Fernandes. If I did have Fernandes I would have him as captain.
    Son should be rested and get loads of chances v a gung ho Leeds side. Remember when Southampton played a high line v Spurs early in the season?

Salah had two/three great chances the last day and fluffed them. Surely he must be really fired up now? Plus Milner will probably not start two games in a row so Salah would be back on pens.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Someone on the scoutcast made a good point about picking a C who is playing close to the deadline, that way you're less likely to have a covid cancellation

• Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I don't think the Spurs game will be a cricket score. I don't see Bielsa having the same approach he did against Utd plus 2 cleansheets since then

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Son for me. Bruno vc

• Advertisement

siblers wrote: »
    I don't think the Spurs game will be a cricket score. I don't see Bielsa having the same approach he did against Utd plus 2 cleansheets since then

I think he will. It’s just how he plays. They’ve played it against Liverpool, City and United now and Spurs are much less of an attacking side than those 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Was very tempted to go DCL as I think Everton will put a few past West Ham. But going to be boring and leave it with Salah

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ended up going with Bruno. Consistency and pens swung it. Might be wrong but don't see Spurs hammering Leeds. Jose will likely put the handbrake on if they take the lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Going to go with Kane. Slightly worried that he’s blanked in his last three but... Leeds are very open, they’ve had the extra rest and it’s hard to justify having an 11.0M striker if one can’t captain him when he’s playing at home to a newly promoted team (a very good one, granted). And... his wife had a baby during the week so it could be an extra incentive for him to score!

went mad.... justin (leicester) is captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭touts

Son for me. The way he plays I'd say he circled this fixture on his calendar months ago and delayed opening his advent calendar by a week so it finished now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

went mad.... justin (leicester) is captain.

Ya sorry that is mad.

Ended up going Son in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Son.

• Advertisement

Ya sorry that is mad.

my logic is that most of my other players have less chance of a goal/clean sheet ...Justin is my best hope, I can't see anyone in my team going wild and Justin has the best chance of a clean sheet....it was between him and robertson and I think kings/adams might nick a goal against liverpool (even though robertson might get an assist or goal I think he may not get a clean sheet)

who knows, it might work, it might not !

Advertisement