Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Di2

• 29-12-2020 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

Hi have ultegra di2 6870 rear derailleur damaged can it be replaced with 8050 rear derailleur? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

ciaeim wrote: »
    Hi have ultegra di2 6870 rear derailleur damaged can it be replaced with 8050 rear derailleur? Thanks

I did it a couple of weeks ago. LBS did it for me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

godtabh wrote: »
    I did it a couple of weeks ago. LBS did it for me.

May actually have been Gen 1 di2

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ciaeim

May actually have been Gen 1 di2

Not sure what Gen 1 is ! But you think 8050 can be used yea ? Thanks

Not sure what Gen 1 is ! But you think 8050 can be used yea ? Thanks

First Gen Di2. I think it’s 6750. Should be no issue.

First Gen Di2. I think it’s 6750. Should be no issue.

Thank you appreciate that ! Seems to be easier to get 8050 than 6750

• Advertisement

Thank you appreciate that ! Seems to be easier to get 8050 than 6750

I couldn’t get a like for like replacement so just went with new.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

The Shimano website is usually very good for compatibility. I didn't yesterday for possibly changing shifters, saved a lot by realising they were not compatible with my disc calipers

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Tea2

If you have 6870, you should be fine. 6870 (2nd gen - 11 speed) can be replaced with 8050, but 6770 (1st gen - 10 speed) can not, unless you change the front derailleur to 8050 at the same time. I did this and it worked well.

Something to do with a change shimano made to firmware which required front and rear derailleurs to both be from either 11 speed series or 10 speed series. Annoying.

https://fitwerx.com/converting-shimano-ultegra-6770-di2-to-11-speed/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭a148pro

This thread has reminded me that I have a second hand 6870 rd to sell, op text me if interested

a148pro wrote: »
    This thread has reminded me that I have a second hand 6870 rd to sell, op text me if interested

What kind of money and has it much done ? Maybe send on a couple pics ðŸ‘

• Advertisement

Tea2 wrote: »
    If you have 6870, you should be fine. 6870 (2nd gen - 11 speed) can be replaced with 8050, but 6770 (1st gen - 10 speed) can not, unless you change the front derailleur to 8050 at the same time. I did this and it worked well.

Something to do with a change shimano made to firmware which required front and rear derailleurs to both be from either 11 speed series or 10 speed series. Annoying.

https://fitwerx.com/converting-shimano-ultegra-6770-di2-to-11-speed/

If you FD was updated it can’t be changed. If it hasn’t been updated it can as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭a148pro

What kind of money and has it much done ? Maybe send on a couple pics ðŸ‘

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

Sorry to bring this thread back to life, I under a 8050 RD can be used in place of a 6870, however is there some problem is getting the firmware updated?

Advertisement