Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coola boola Wicklow brewery

Options
  • 27-12-2020 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,036 ✭✭✭✭

Just opened a can of this. Is there supposed to be bits in this?
    Came out of the last bit of the can. Currently sitting in the bottom of my beer glass.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Dellboy54

There can be some residual sediment from the brewing process left in the brew. What was weird with the coola Boole I had was that when I peeled off the label it was a can for Wicklow Brewery's Dank IPA???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,036 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Dellboy54 wrote: »
    There can be some residual sediment from the brewing process left in the brew. What was weird with the coola Boole I had was that when I peeled off the label it was a can for Wicklow Brewery's Dank IPA???

Yeah it was a bit more than residual. About 20-25 bits of what looked like dirt or something.
    I passed on it! Shame as it smelt nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,757 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Most likely just yeast. Sometimes it can clump like that and look very unattractive.
    I wonder if it was a can conditioned beer - if so you'd expect sediment.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭DelmarODonnell

tom1ie wrote: »
    Yeah it was a bit more than residual. About 20-25 bits of what looked like dirt or something.
    I passed on it! Shame as it smelt nice.

Yeah tis just yeast sediment, nothing harmful in it! Usually will fall to the bottom of the glass and can be avoided if needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Happens from time to time. Verdant had one recently

e71311c6a5f4ac3a586761dab03ef891_640x640.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,757 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I don't know what makes yeast clump like that.
    I've seen it in some Belgian beers over the years.
    It looks terrible.

Advertisement