Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy power account

• 28-12-2020 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

I had a paddy power account about four years ago and tried to log in recently with the email linked with it but it didn’t work so I set up a new one and linked my bank card to it.I couldn’t use photo I d as my passport is out of date and sent in my gov id.And numerous bills for my address but they came back and said they down accept it (gov I’d) anyway I have a balance in the account but they have suspended the account till I upload something in date which is impossible at the moment but when I set up the new account I used a different day of birth.I have been onto chat everyday trying to take the money out and it’s driving me insane there customer service is very bad and very copy and paste .what I’m asking here is what are the chances of me getting the money out ??if I get a birth certificate when the hse open and the different dob is on it will they pay me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

I had a paddy power account about four years ago and tried to log in recently with the email linked with it but it didn’t work so I set up a new one and linked my bank card to it.I couldn’t use photo I d as my passport is out of date and sent in my gov id.And numerous bills for my address but they came back and said they down accept it (gov I’d) anyway I have a balance in the account but they have suspended the account till I upload something in date which is impossible at the moment but when I set up the new account I used a different day of birth.I have been onto chat everyday trying to take the money out and it’s driving me insane there customer service is very bad and very copy and paste .what I’m asking here is what are the chances of me getting the money out ??if I get a birth certificate when the hse open and the different dob is on it will they pay me

Just a bloke with a paddy power account so no real inside knowledge but I'd be surprised if the balance from your old account will be transferred into your new account, whenever you get around to setting it up. I'd imagine you'll need to resolve the issue with the old account to get access to this money.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

Just a bloke with a paddy power account so no real inside knowledge but I'd be surprised if the balance from your old account will be transferred into your new account, whenever you get around to setting it up. I'd imagine you'll need to resolve the issue with the old account to get access to this money.

No sorry I can’t access the old account ,the new account has a balance but can’t provide passport as it’s out of date or drivers licence as I don’t drive that’s the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Few problems that spring out immediately.
    tried to log in recently with the email linked with it but it didn’t work so I set up a new one and linked my bank card to it

Why did you set up a new account?
    Would assume the password didn't work so all you needed to do was, click on "forgot password".
    You would have then had 2 accounts with same card attached to it, it's one account per person, per address, per post code and so on so alarm bells would be ringing in PP HQ.
    Did you not try contacting help on chat first before opening a new account?
    when I set up the new account I used a different day of birth
    :eek:
    This to me would mean when you set up the new account, you were under 18 and as you are now over 18, you are trying to get the funds out.
    if this is the case, you have zero chance of getting the funds out as they will say as you were under age, you are not entitled to them.
    You probably won't get the original stake/deposit refunded either.
    if I get a birth certificate when the hse open and the different dob is on it will they pay me

Nope.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Few problems that spring out immediately.

Why did you set up a new account?
    Would assume the password didn't work so all you needed to do was, click on "forgot password".
    You would have then had 2 accounts with same card attached to it, it's one account per person, per address, per post code and so on so alarm bells would be ringing in PP HQ.
    Did you not try contacting help on chat first before opening a new account?

:eek:
    This to me would mean when you set up the new account, you were under 18 and as you are now over 18, you are trying to get the funds out.
    if this is the case, you have zero chance of getting the funds out as they will say as you were under age, you are not entitled to them.
    You probably won't get the original stake/deposit refunded either.

Nope.

My previous account was over four or five years ago ,not with the same card Jesus . I’m not under 18 I’m mid 30 s ,when I tried to log into an old account that was verified it didn’t give me an option of a password !

My previous account was over four or five years ago ,not with the same card Jesus . I’m not under 18 I’m mid 30 s ,when I tried to log into an old account that was verified it didn’t give me an option of a password !

You need to read the first post !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

When you say you used a different date of birth was it just a mistake out by 1 day or something ?

I don't see the date of birth being an issue if your in your 30's .

Probably the easiest thing to do is get an up to date passport , l can't see them releasing it until you have an in date form of ID .

Juwwi wrote: »
    When you say you used a different date of birth was it just a mistake out by 1 day or something ?

I don't see the date of birth being an issue if your in your 30's .

Probably the easiest thing to do is get an up to date passport , l can't see them releasing it until you have an in date form of ID .

Yes it was just a day because I had been scammed and just extra careful especially with online sign ups . What I thought is that I might ask them about the old account and because that was verified they could see that.and unsuspend the new account

• Registered Users Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Can you go in store and do this even with the out of date passport, usually it's still accepted as id even if out of date.

mightyreds wrote: »
    Can you go in store and do this even with the out of date passport, usually it's still accepted as id even if out of date.

Never thought of that

mightyreds wrote: »

Would it be down to the discretion of the staff member

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Would it be down to the discretion of the staff member
    No. The shop will have no control over the online but they can ring betting control and explain the situation. If you get a nice person they will help you. One thing to bear in mind is having 2 seperate dates even by one day will set off alarm bells. Bookies are very suspicious about stuff like that. Go to your nearest shop and you should be ok.

No. The shop will have no control over the online but they can ring betting control and explain the situation. If you get a nice person they will help you. One thing to bear in mind is having 2 seperate dates even by one day will set off alarm bells. Bookies are very suspicious about stuff like that. Go to your nearest shop and you should be ok.

Thank you ,it’s not as if I’m trying to deceive anyone I just want my money

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Not sure going to a shop will help you as it is was an online account?

I had an online account with another bookmaker and after 12 months of no bets, they sent me a mail to say a maintenance fee would be taken every month until I either had a bet or closed the account.
    After 4 years, I wonder would PP have done the same and that might be the reason you couldn't get into your account as it is now closed with a zero balance?

The date difference is deffo going to be a problem for you.

Advertisement