Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW17 Transfer Thread

• 28-12-2020 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭

Have a forward three of Kane - DCL - Bamford. Thinking it may be time to dump DCL with poor form and poor fixtures to come.

Any suggestions? Looking at Che Adams based on fixtures.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

City now quite likely to have a DGW you'd think? Chelsea game will almost certainly go too so they'll need to get them rearranged

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Might roll a dice, see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Probably kdb to son now for sure. Then one other transfer. Who else at kdb level?

Grealish may survive another day now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

City now quite likely to have a DGW you'd think? Chelsea game will almost certainly go too so they'll need to get them rearranged

My thinking too. Cancelo was hanging on as a SGW player. Likely to become a DGW player now

• Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Two fts. Initial thoughts are KDB and Wilson to Mane and cheap striker. But think I might prefer a cheap mid like Raphinha along with Vardy. Apart from Bamford, there aren't any cheap forwards I'm interested in. Toyed with Rodrigo but not sure he's nailed and would prefer Raphinha to him anyway. Double Leeds attack for the dgwk is something I'd like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Too early to say at this point, will leave this as late as possible to hear about the City - Chelsea game, and when City - Everton might be rescheduled for.

But might take KDB out for Mane, or take a hit and bring in Vardy for Brewster and a mid-range midfielder.

The Newcastle vs Villa game wasn't rescheduled for the DGW, so why are people so confident that City vs Everton will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Morzadec wrote: »
    Too early to say at this point, will leave this as late as possible to hear about the City - Chelsea game, and when City - Everton might be rescheduled for.

But might take KDB out for Mane, or take a hit and bring in Vardy for Brewster and a mid-range midfielder.

The Newcastle vs Villa game wasn't rescheduled for the DGW, so why are people so confident that City vs Everton will be?

Only because of Champions League but I think people are hoping more than expecting

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

City getting tested again tomorrow so will wait for that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭macraignil

Vardy predicted to rise tonight so will probably bring him in for DCL as planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Have 2FT and given the form Leeds are in am contemplating bringing in Raphina as he is involved in a lot of their good play.
    Have Dallas and Bamford already so wouldn’t mind a threesome for the double game week!!!
    Can sell either Grealish or Soucek to get Raphina....who would ye get rid of?

TIA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Have 2FT and given the form Leeds are in am contemplating bringing in Raphina as he is involved in a lot of their good play.
    Have Dallas and Bamford already so wouldn’t mind a threesome for the double game week!!!

TIA

If we think GW 19 DGW might go ahead as hoped, then keep Soucek as he has a double and Grealish should go as he currently has one.

of course, there is still GW 18 to negotiate and Grealish has a game in that, whereas Soucek and Raphinha do not....

If you can though, stall the ball till New Years Eve or early New Years Day and we might have more info then

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Rikand wrote: »
    If we think GW 19 DGW might go ahead as hoped, then keep Soucek as he has a double and Grealish should go as he currently has one.

of course, there is still GW 18 to negotiate and Grealish has a game in that, whereas Soucek and Raphinha do not....

If you can though, stall the ball till New Years Eve or early New Years Day and we might have more info then

Thanks for reply.....only thing is it looks like Grealish is dropping tonight and Raphina is rising.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,222 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Once again I need another defender. Only got Charlie Taylor 2 weeks ago for Reece James. And I had to get a Vestergaard replacement this GW And I STILL HAVE MITCHELL :mad:
    I don't want to take another hit

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

gammygils wrote: »
    Once again I need another defender. Only got Charlie Taylor 2 weeks ago for Reece James. And I had to get a Vestergaard replacement this GW And I STILL HAVE MITCHELL :mad:

Hold tight. The way things are going Taylor will be fit by the time they play another game!

On a serious level, wait as late as possible to make a change, there is too much uncertainty at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

gammygils wrote: »

Mitchell played 90 mins at the weekend

Probably Taylor to KWP

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

siblers wrote: »
    Probably Taylor to KWP

KWP with Liverpool next game?

I own already and looking to shift Lamptey but not sure I'd be looking to bring KWP in this week, tough fixture.

KWP with Liverpool next game?

I own already and looking to shift Lamptey but not sure I'd be looking to bring KWP in this week, tough fixture.

Ah, dunno how I missed that. Probably get Lowton so

• Registered Users Posts: 32,765 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Depends entirely for me on the status of the City vs Chelsea game.

I have 2 freebies so I'll presumably be able to make damage control happen.

Kane and Zaha were 2 I was looking at this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Think I am going to hold onto not transferring Taylor, and bringing in Fernandes for KDB, especially if City game is cancelled.

The only issue there is with KWP and McCarthy playing Liverpool, Targett vs. United, I will need City game to go ahead as Cancelo will be another defender down, and I don't see many CS this weekend (have been blessed with a pile of them over the last three weeks).

TIA

I think after losing 3 Villa players to a Covid cacellation a few weeks back, I'll be avoiding FPL threesomes this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

siblers wrote: »
    Probably Taylor to KWP

Pieters at 4.3 likely to take Taylor's spot so could be an option.

No idea what to do but it will be as late as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Really thing it's now vital for people to have a solid bench. I've 3m in the bank and I'll think I'll spend it upgrading the fodder on my bench.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Really thing it's now vital for people to have a solid bench. I've 3m in the bank and I'll think I'll spend it upgrading the fodder on my bench.
    Yup, I get a bench in for Christmas anyway, but even 3 subs can't cope with the Covid cancellations.

My bench came up trump's ish with bissouma and Kilman but I was lucky.

Need Lamptey out. Probably Dallas in.

Then after that, I need to wait for the covid news I think. I've no idea what to do, I don't want to look at the price rises site because I don't think theres much point making this transfer early. Just have to take the hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I had notions as to what 2 free transfers I'd do but god knows at this stage what will have to be done!

Can only play as though the fixtures will all be honoured unless shown otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭bantee

Just did Grealish to Zaha and have 1 FT left but no idea what to do with it so might bank it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

My team is in a heap
    0.0 itb and 2 FT’s but think I’ll use a hit this week to set towards 18 FH and 19 BB if I can

Johnstone Button
    KWP Justin Taylor (inj) Lindelof (inj) Lamptey (inj)
    Salah Bruno KDB Grealish Gordon
    Kane Wilson Barnes

Defenders are my immediate concern. Will probably bring Dallas in. Maybe for Lamptey also Gordon as bench fodder hasn’t been my best move and Grealish seems the easiest way to free up funds. Looking at Souchek in as he’s been going well also has a double

Any advice from others as to what they would do?

So 17 transfers inc hit
    18 FH
    19 use a transfer to ensure all players (probably button) are transfered too players who play and use BB

Advertisement