Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

RDF Recruitment 2020

• 14-04-2020 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

Has anyone received word from the current competition going on regarding the army reserve? I applied middle of last month and still haven't heard anything. Been reading that they are terribly slow at getting back to people and that the reserves are sorta last to hear but has the current covid crisis suspended recruitment does anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Kilian1995

Applied back in October, through a couple stages of competition but been informed that everything is on hold during COVID19. Until lockdown and restrictions are lifted nobodies files are being advanced through the competitions. You guys are obviously the next class after our recruitment so I guess you may not hear anything for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

I applied on the May 2nd haven't heard anything except the text message/email confirmation.

A guy I know applied in October, he said it takes a good while 5-7 weeks before you hear anything. Id imagine with the current restrictions it could be pushed out further than that.

That suits me the 2.4k is killing my old lungs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Whelan 95

Thanks for the replies guys. Appreciate the info.

I emailed the recruitment office a few weeks back and they said they would be contacting me about the next stage when the current competition has ended which was over a week ago but Jesus to not even have lads processed from last October before this whole outbreak too puts it into perspective.

The 2.4k is tricky enough but beatable with practice. The training program they give ya for it I found to be a great help, gets the body in the right place to deal with the tempo and distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 byrne221

Lads is the crack,

I applied back in November 2019 .
    Got called up in January for interview and fitness on same day for Dundalk.

Still waiting on a medical regardless of the Corona situation.

But received a email yesterday.
    The recruitment office plans to go ahead from mid June with backlog applications

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Irishmandan

Hi lads
    I'm the same. applied last November,
    did the fitness test and interview in Jan
    and I haven't heard back since
    I emailed and was told its on hold due to covid.
    I didn't hear anytime when it would be restarted.
    I was looking forward to starting this summer and all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 byrne221

Well lads,

I did my fitness and interview in Dundalk February 2020 same day.

Still waiting on a medical appointment, unfortunately due to the covid 19.

Was speaking to a CS in Dublin,
    They plan on resuming come September

hi lads. did anyone hear anything since re continuing the recruitment process?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Cadetirldub

Don't suppose anyones heard anything recently? Did my interview in March. I applied in Dublin so I'd imagine we'll be even longer waiting than those in counties where COVID isn't so bad.

What units did you all apply for?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭candycock

Is there an age limit for the reserves?

I heard nothing since. I did my fitness test and interview in Jan. This covid is a dose. I’m 34 too so might be too old next year by time it starts again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Pronto63

candycock wrote: »
    Is there an age limit for the reserves?

Under 35 on day of enlistment. I think there is still some extension for former members of the PDF.

Time running out for me so since I’m 34

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Kilian1995

Has anyone heard anything ? I emailed Commandant Timlin back in September (he interviewed me in July at CBB) in the interview he said they were aiming to book our medicals by August, 2020 (I applied October 2019!). In the email he said due to the nature the pandemic and changing government response he cant secure a medical for us. Its been a year since I applied and radio silence for the majority ! Very frustration....will we ever hear back?

Kilian1995 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything ? I emailed Commandant Timlin back in September (he interviewed me in July at CBB) in the interview he said they were aiming to book our medicals by August, 2020 (I applied October 2019!). In the email he said due to the nature the pandemic and changing government response he cant secure a medical for us. Its been a year since I applied and radio silence for the majority ! Very frustration....will we ever hear back?

Heard nothing at all since. I’d say we won’t this side of Christmas 😕. Which is a pity since I was looking forward to the challenge of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭mcc_c

Kilian1995 wrote: »

The exact same, applied October 2019, fitness in January this year and nothing. I emailed as well a month after I was told we'd hear more and was told I passed the vetting and to wait for more info. I don't blame the reserves, I'm sure they'd love nothing more than to have more people on board but I'm so frustrated at the lack of communication and frustrated at the DoD more so for letting the DF to get to a position like this but ANYWAYS 😂

Is all RDF training cancelled at the moment or have they just suspended inducting new members?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭mcc_c

Is all RDF training cancelled at the moment or have they just suspended inducting new members?

As far as I'm aware they are still parading, just awaiting medicals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Patsy167

I'm still slightly amazed at how slow the on-boarding process is for the RDF. I think it is a massive missed opportunity, especially in the current environment. I hope they are aware just how keen, ready, and able so many people are to volunteer their time at the moment. Many of us have been waiting 12-18 months with complete radio silence in terms of progress updates. i never like complaining but its incredibly frustrating when you want to do good, have the time, but no path to getting things moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 RyanCork003

Alright lads

I remember not so long ago when I was on boards looking for info about everything from the fitness test to the interview and medical.Whats training like what do I need to know. I served 3 years in the Navy left then joined the Army also was in the RDF for a bit but mostly PDF so I have done both and can answer most questions that I would say ye have.I started a patreon sign up account that describes everything from the application process, fitness test to the daily life as a soldier in barrack's or sailor at sea.I have about 8000 followers on TikTok as InfantryRyanTv if you want to see what kinda stuff I do in work or sign up to the patreon on and I will help you all to get into training with tips and tricks along the way that can speed things up and how to stay fit and complete recruit training.

links:

TicTok :InfantryRyantv
    Patreon :https://www.patreon.com/InfantryRyan

Best of Luck lads

Ryan

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭candycock

Alright lads

I remember not so long ago when I was on boards looking for info about everything from the fitness test to the interview and medical.Whats training like what do I need to know. I served 3 years in the Navy left then joined the Army also was in the RDF for a bit but mostly PDF so I have done both and can answer most questions that I would say ye have.I started a patreon sign up account that describes everything from the application process, fitness test to the daily life as a soldier in barrack's or sailor at sea.I have about 8000 followers on TikTok as InfantryRyanTv if you want to see what kinda stuff I do in work or sign up to the patreon on and I will help you all to get into training with tips and tricks along the way that can speed things up and how to stay fit and complete recruit training.

links:

Best of Luck lads

Ryan

I'm following you on tiktok,Fairplay to you,u give a good insight on your duties and every day life,its to late for me to join up,I'm 37.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Alright lads

links:

Best of Luck lads

Ryan

[Mod]And I have 180,000 followers, but you don't seem me spamming the forums advertising the fact. I have deleted all other copies of this advert, leaving this because it has a reply. I'd have put a post up in the Mess, personally.

As an aside, can I assume that the DF are aware of this side gig? Patreon means income, thus is presumably categorised as a side job, even before the social media aspect.[/Mod]

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Craigeer

I've applied for the General recruitment this December do ye think it will be another while so before we start going through the stages of recruitment due to covid ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JFlem

They seem to be moving alot faster for the PDF roles compared to the RDF. You will be sent your psychometric test in a few weeks. If you pass this stage you will be invited for a Interview and fitness on the same day, which the defence forces full all government guidelines to allow this to happen. The longest wait is probabaly your medical as many of the medical personnel within the PDF are on the front line.

Can you enlist at the age of 35? Is it under 36 on the day of enlistment. Turning 35 soon and prob too late for me due to covid

Advertisement