Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Game Week 16 Transfer Thread

• 26-12-2020 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,227 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Got to get rid of Zaha. Getting me FA. Maybe Maddison in. May also have to get Vestergaard replacement. Thinking Dallas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

gammygils wrote: »
    Got to get rid of Zaha. Getting me FA. Maybe Maddison in. May also have to get Vestergaard replacement. Thinking Dallas

I got Dallas in for Vestegaard with the DGW in mind

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

WC active before I lose it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Lemlin wrote: »
    WC active before I lose it.

Timo to say goodbye to Werner for me with the WC! No idea what I'll end up doing yet though which concerns me greatly with the Christmas sherry at hand :)

Timo to say goodbye to Werner for me with the WC! No idea what I'll end up doing yet though which concerns me greatly with the Christmas sherry at hand :)

I’m going to go for a lot of DGW players and will free hit on the BGW.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Looking Wilson, Welbeck out.

Kane, Brewster in.

-4 for Kane's nice run (ful, LEE, avi, shu)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Looking at a -4.
    Ings, Lamptey and Mahrez out.
    Tbd in.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

I might roll this week then have 2 FT in gw 17.
    The FH gw 18 and 1 FT going into gw 19.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

KDB to Son

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    I might roll this week then have 2 FT in gw 17.
    The FH gw 18 and 1 FT going into gw 19.

Actually scratch that I want to replace DCL.
    Might take a 3 (16, 17 & double 19) gw punt on firmino. Then look at downgrading him to Wilson.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

KDB -> Bruno for a -4. To be soon followed by DCL to Ings when he’s back fit

A team completely of DGW players bar Son:

McCarthy, Johnstone
    Thiago Silva, Coufal, Dallas, KWP, Justin
    Bruno, Salah, Pulisic, Anguissa, Son
    Bamford, Adams, Vardy

The one player I am unsure about is Pulisic at 8.2. I have up to 8.6 to spend - any alternative suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭macraignil

KDB and DCL, returns not matching their prices and Mitchell and Ryan no longer playing makes me think an early wildcard to set up for the double game week is a good strategy and will probably make use of this weeks free transfer for a one week punt so its not wasted. Must wait for any rotation or injury news before moving to make best use of it but maybe Anguissa to Saka would be worth the punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Kdb straight to sterling anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Kdb straight to sterling anyone

Would not be a bad move.....watched Man City game and he was more Involved in final third than KDB who isn’t far off getting a big score but missed a great chance for a goal tonight.

Have 2ft’s so thinking of a punt....

Am probably going to use Free Hit for GW 18.....Would Grealish to El Ghazi be a sideways move?.....creates funds that could be used elsewhere.....

Villa have 3 tough games coming up.....
    Was also considering Grealish to Gundogan (City have nice fixtures and at his price point Ilkay is performing well and is as nailed a starter as you can get for Pep at good low price......)
    Also like Jarod Bowen’s form and upcoming fixtures.
    Appreciate anyone’s thoughts....cheers.

Is there a round of press conferences in between GWs this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Lemlin wrote: »
    A team completely of DGW players bar Son:

McCarthy, Johnstone
    Thiago Silva, Coufal, Dallas, KWP, Justin
    Bruno, Salah, Pulisic, Anguissa, Son
    Bamford, Adams, Vardy

The one player I am unsure about is Pulisic at 8.2. I have up to 8.6 to spend - any alternative suggestions?

Maddison or Barnes maybe, but then you'd have the triple up with Leicester which may be going to deep on Leicester despite them having 2 home games

• Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Fitz* wrote: »

Translating that based on the previous weeks news on Chilwell, CHO is probably injured and will miss the next 3 games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,630 ✭✭✭✭dahat

KDB out for me.

I'll likely get Kane in with whatever is left on a mid depending on which forward I sell, DCL or Brewster

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I would take Kdb now and downgrade taa or dcl but I have only one free. Not worth a hit and I think Fulham have improved a bit. It would be son and an other in. Vardy tempting me. I will not own Kane again this season personally. Son is the only one you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,412 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Going to bank I think, still haven't decided what I'm doing for 18&19.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭COH

Wilson > Bamford looking like the easiest transfer decision I'll ever make

Fitz* wrote: »

DCL - Aguero has been my plan and I am going to do it. Sounds like he is fit enough to start. Has a nice GW19 fixture and no blank.

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/1343191165064146945?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Rega

COH wrote: »
    Wilson > Bamford looking like the easiest transfer decision I'll ever make

Did the same

Appreciate anyone’s thoughts on my post from last night thinking about shipping Grealish out for one of Bowen,El Ghazi or Gundogan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Appreciate anyone’s thoughts on my post from last night thinking about shipping Grealish out for one of Bowen,El Ghazi or Gundogan?

I wouldn’t get Gundogan. He’s a cm who doesn’t get forward a lot imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

I wouldn't get El Ghazi as Barkley and Trezeguet are back soon and despite performance I would expect him to loose his place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I expect Grealish to outscore all

Advertisement