Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Covid-19 is not just for Xmas - your latest level 5 restrictions megathread!!

• 23-12-2020 4:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭

Hypothetical of course.... Let's say for example that a restaurant has to shut its doors to customers at 3pm on a certain day, but you have it on good authority i.e told that they are taking reservations for 3pm or 4pm, would you react? And if so, how?

Hypothetical question..... 😊

Mod edit

Link to details of restrictions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Private party....... end of story and any normal boards.ie drama

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭dragona

krissovo wrote: »
    Private party....... end of story and any normal boards.ie drama

Private party of 52?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

dragona wrote: »
    Private party of 52?

Then its not Hypothetical and a different outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PeteEd

Tout straight away!
    The Party will reward you with 25g of extra chocolate next week for your diligent betrayal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

PeteEd wrote: »
    Tout straight away!
    The Party will reward you with 25g of extra chocolate next week for your diligent betrayal.
    I'd imagine if big brother were in charge, the virus wouldn't have made it past March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

dragona wrote: »
    Hypothetical of course.... Let's say for example that a restaurant has to shut its doors to customers at 3pm on a certain day, but you have it on good authority i.e told that they are taking reservations for 3pm or 4pm, would you react? And if so, how?

Hypothetical question..... 😊

I would do absolutely nothing other then think that I hope they have a good time. Most restaurants are safe enough places and are complying. Many won't see 2022

3pm is arbitrary, if it was an absolute emergency situation, theyd be shut already.

3pm is arbitrary, if it was an absolute emergency situation, theyd be shut already.
    And by the same token, if things were fine, they wouldn't be asked to shut early at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Ficheall wrote: »
    And by the same token, if things were fine, they wouldn't be asked to shut early at all...

They will be closed for months, an hour won't make difference.

Obvious to all the 3pm is to stop messy Christmas Eve drinking as opposed to dining in restaurants abiding by rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

I stopped abiding by any rules bar the most basic of social distancing in August. Primarily because

a- no other coont was bothering

b- the government's refusal to cut off foreign travel made it completely pointless

c- I finally realised after months of dismissing it that in terms of danger, contagion, deaths from Covid vs with Covid, monthly death numbers, everything was not quite as it seemed.

This coming from someone who abided by every single rule, someone who was eating their work lunch out in car by mid March.

The government could have got rid of this in June like Australia and NZ did. They chose not to for various reasons. Criminal negligence charges should have followed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

The A is completely untrue.

• Advertisement

Lux23 wrote: »
    The A is completely untrue.

It really isn't. By August you would be laughed at if you asked someone to stay 2 metres away. Like refusing to drink drive in the 70s.

Nowadays you would be laughed at by most people if you said you still 100 percent believed the government over Covid.

The government could have got rid of this in June like Australia and NZ did. They chose not to for various reasons.
    To clarify, you were in favour of banning all foreign travel and all social interaction for a month, and then enforcing a mandatory two week quarantine on all people entering the country thereafter?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,180 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thread started in AH and moved to Coronavirus Forum

Thread title changed, as we need somewhere for the latest restrictions to be discussed

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭leanin2019

I stopped abiding by any rules bar the most basic of social distancing in August. Primarily because

b- the government's refusal to cut off foreign travel made it completely pointless

c- I finally realised after months of dismissing it that in terms of danger, contagion, deaths from Covid vs with Covid, monthly death numbers, everything was not quite as it seemed.

This coming from someone who abided by every single rule, someone who was eating their work lunch out in car by mid March.

The government could have got rid of this in June like Australia and NZ did. They chose not to for various reasons. Criminal negligence charges should have followed.

Australia got rid of it in June? LOL - you might want to look that up. Victoria was in lockdown for months from July onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Gooser14

It really isn't. By August you would be laughed at if you asked someone to stay 2 metres away. Like refusing to drink drive in the 70s.

Not my experience. I find most people comply with the distancing & mask wearing requirements.

Ficheall wrote: »
    To clarify, you were in favour of banning all foreign travel and all social interaction for a month, and then enforcing a mandatory two week quarantine on all people entering the country thereafter?

Still am. If we had banned all but essential foreign travel in early March, or at least put people travelling in mandatory detention for 3 weeks, we would not have had above 10 cases a day at any point since June.

But muh EU freedumz of movement trumps what is best for Ireland, as always. Second economic crash caused by it in under 15 years.

leanin2019 wrote: »
    Australia got rid of it in June? LOL - you might want to look that up. Victoria was in lockdown for months from July onwards.

Because of a breakdown in the detention strategy.

A single state there endured for a few weeks what we will have endured for, it goes on til the end of March, about 7 months in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

so now you're one of the "coonts" :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 trailerhitch

I recently got an email from Deliveroo, saying that they are remaining opening when our Level 5 lockdown restarts on the 26th of December.

They also say that Deliveroo drivers who are required to quarantine by the authorities or who test positive are still being paid while they are not working.

Is this actually happening? Are they actually looking after their drivers?

If so, then I'd be happier to support Deliveroo over other delivery services (JustEat/ UberEats), but I remember them not taking care of their drivers previously

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,180 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Does anybody know what time the bars/restaurants will close at tomorrow??

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Does anybody know what time the bars/restaurants will close at tomorrow??
    Details are all here, but it's 3pm for bars and restaurants

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Dubsey

If someone were to travel to a county (not their home county) on the 26th and were then returning home. Do they need to travel home:

(A) whenever they want?
    (B) on the 31st but no later?
    (C) on the 01st but no later?

Maybe I’m just thick but I don’t think that this is clear in the latest government advice.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Dubsey wrote: »
    If someone were to travel to a county (not their home county) on the 26th and were then returning home. Do they need to travel home:

(A) whenever they want?
    (B) on the 31st but no later?
    (C) on the 01st but no later?

Maybe I’m just thick but I don’t think that this is clear in the latest government advice.

Thanks.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭YellowLead

As far as I know it’s wherever they want. Whenever their business in the other county has concluded and they are returning to the county they reside in.

Threads merged

Advertisement