Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gamepass quests Microsoft Redeem points

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

recyclops wrote: »
    There is a fortnite punch card I would gave skipped as I thought I'd to spend money.

You don't at all, easy 500 points.

Quite possibly the easiest 500 points to date. I didn't even have to install the game, the points were awarded before I cancelled it at <5% :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

theteal wrote: »
    Quite possibly the easiest 500 points to date. I didn't even have to install the game, the points were awarded before I cancelled it at <5% :D

Yup, I did download it, but only took a min or 2 with 1GB broadband.
    Didn't need to launch it though :)
    Deleted it straight away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Treppen

Weeklys are up now.

Ikenfell - this can be launched on your phone, I just played for a few minutes and it got the 25 points.

Treppen wrote: »
    Weeklys are up now.

Ikenfell - this can be launched on your phone, I just played for a few minutes and it got the 25 points.

Yup, played it for about 15mins in the end, beat some boss and got my daily 50 with it too. It's just an old RPG with turn based combat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

sims 4 can be launched on phone too but needs controller to play, its a double pointer as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

sims 4 can be launched on phone too but needs controller to play, its a double pointer as well.
    Random question - how do you complete the Sims 4 quest?

I've tried to work it out to see how quickly to achieve it and whether it's worth the effort.
    I'm also fairly sure my Google Search history will now look extremely weird to anyone who sees it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭dbloke

YouTube channel Rewards Hunter posts guides for all the games Pass quests fairly soon after they are available:

https://youtu.be/NFCWRUhKDlk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭djan

What's the craic with the 2x points on sims and the 4x points on downloading games from mobile achievements. Do you have to do something to activate the multipliers as I don't think I'm getting the bonus points.

djan wrote: »
    What's the craic with the 2x points on sims and the 4x points on downloading games from mobile achievements. Do you have to do something to activate the multipliers as I don't think I'm getting the bonus points.

No, it's included in the amount given.
    The SIMS weekly task would normally be only 50 points, but now it's 100 :)

djan wrote: »

It's for those with game pass ultimate

• Advertisement

Random question - how do you complete the Sims 4 quest?

I've tried to work it out to see how quickly to achieve it and whether it's worth the effort.
    I'm also fairly sure my Google Search history will now look extremely weird to anyone who sees it.

Reddit Tip for achievements in Sims

If you turn off sim automation in game options, your sim won't automatically use the toilet. Just let time fly (hit RB to speed up time) and you should finish the quest.

Edit: You'll probably get two achievements doing this:

Don't sleep for 24 hours
    Don't talk to anyone for 24 hours

I used chickenpossible's method of force feeding them cup after cup of high quality coffee :D

Got the no sleep achievement, but someone called to the house, so didn't get the no talk achievement :)

Ah I didn't look up the video. I mainly went for the pissy pants points as quick as possible. I just left them standing on the footpath while they continually wet themselves and crashed to the pavement asleep. I didn't uninstall yet so may try for an achievement later.

Sims:
    I felt a bit like a serial killer keeping them trapped in the house stressing them out with drinking water and waking their hands, but didn't get any other achievements even though I got to Thursday without taking to anyone!
    Got the pissypants quest though.

BTW... Easy quick achievement which can be done on cloud or console.... Morkredd start game and move into Shadow, you die.. get Achievement.
    There's another one for playing 2 player with second controller but haven't tried it yet.

Anyone do Sea of Solitude, I'm stuck trying to jump on a goddam roof from a chimney top.

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I used chickenpossible's method of force feeding them cup after cup of high quality coffee :D

Got the no sleep achievement, but someone called to the house, so didn't get the no talk achievement :)

I just bought a cheap-ass house with no coffee machine so they kept on passing out on the floor :pac:

Not my type of game though

Any else having trouble getting the game ones to pop?
    Like Play any Game Pass game or the weekly one that's normally 25 points, where you just have to open the game?
    Neither of those will pop for me today!
    Tried resetting the machine :)

I found others with the same issue.
    Least I know that it's not something I'm doing wrong :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/MicrosoftRewards/comments/kib9s8/tracking_down/

Yeah it seems the day the new quests go up, it gets slammed and starts to fail. I'd wager itll be fine tomorrow.

Seems to be working now.
    I did the Destiny 2 quest on xcloud.

Set up a character (choose hair and face etc) and you'll get an achievement, think you have to accept to link it with previous games etc (even though I never played it before).

Not a bad game either. Just lock and load.
    Laggy as heck on phone though.

Yeah I was gonna take the opportunity to put some time into Destiny. A bloke I work with raves about it so I'll see what the fuss is about.

• Advertisement

Popped both there as I loaded Destiny 2 on the phone, nice :)

Nice, just got a 20 week streak (2,500) and the monthly completionist (1,000) pops to put me over 30,500 points :)

Batman was a bit of fun, I was supposed to just kill a few thugs but wound up doing the campaign. Have a go at the driving for the Riddler's mission, you'll probably fail first time but it's in a loop so just keep trying. I got 3 achievements for about 40 minutes play.
    Did it all on phone and was impressed at how little lag there was for such a big open map.

Gamerscore Challenge +?

I think there may be another 10k points up for grabs this month. Also 2k for the punch card!

theteal wrote: »
    Gamerscore Challenge +?

I think there may be another 10k points up for grabs this month. Also 2k for the punch card!

AHH good old theteal , still sees himself as part of the EU. :pac:

Treppen wrote: »
    AHH good old theteal , still sees himself as part of the EU. :pac:

Those wounds are still sore.

Crap is it EU only?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dreamwalker1

Only EU from what I can see. Once again sucks to be in Ireland!

Weeklys are up.

No man's sky .... Just crank it up on the Android app (doesn't matter if you've a controller connected or not). Easy 100

For monthlies Gears 5 can be done on phone in ten minutes but you'll need a controller. Edit: ya seems like you can't do it on phone ...also... this quest sucks

And here's another Monthly for your phone if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

Seems you'll have a better chance of getting murdered by a serial killer than finding a game of dead by daylight.

• Advertisement

Seems you'll have a better chance of getting murdered by a serial killer than finding a game of dead by daylight.

Ya it's a chore alright, even if you do team up with friends it's painfully slow. I got one game to join but put on hook after 2 minutes. I think the trick might be to spot the killer and follow him around and keep eyes on him.

Advertisement