Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Skinheads waterford

Options
  • 22-12-2020 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Anyone notice the surge of young skinheads around waterford city lately?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Anyone notice the surge of young skinheads around waterford city lately?

Covid haircuts

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Johnnyconnor

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    Covid haircuts
    Imagine, but no joke they've got the boots and the bombers and I've been seeing alot more of them around lately and was wondering what they're about

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

neo nazi,s

did you just register new user name to post that

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

bassy wrote: »
    did you just register new user name to post that

You would swear he was evading a previous account...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Johnnyconnor

Fieldog wrote: »
    You would swear he was evading a previous account...

In all honesty I just wanted to know who they were but sure I'm dodging the tax man so I've renamed myself..

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

I've seen them around. A couple of them ride Vespas and would be mates with lads I know. They're into the look and the music etc. not the far right bollox.

some look.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Yeah it's a classic at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,410 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Not all skinheads are Nazis but a large proportion of Nazis are skinheads.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

bassy wrote: »
    some look.

A holy show. Are you 90+ years old boy?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Hodger

Imagine, but no joke they've got the boots and the bombers and I've been seeing alot more of them around lately and was wondering what they're about

I know them to see around town I see them around the quay as for what they're about I dont personally know them so I cant answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

Hodger wrote: »
    I know them to see around town I see them around the quay as for what they're about I dont personally know them so I cant answer.

Do they have lots of ‘tats’, piercings and German accents.......?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Traficante

Who cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Hodger

Asdfgh2020 wrote: »
    Do they have lots of ‘tats’, piercings and German accents.......?

Never heard them talk or ever spoke to them I cant comment about their accents' no idea if they have tattoos or not their appears to be few girls that hang with them one of them is very distinct looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

As stated covid haircuts. They buy a clippers in boots and do to the hair equivalent of what Fr. Ted did to a Rover 200. PMSL

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭iamnotme

I've seen them around. A couple of them ride Vespas and would be mates with lads I know. They're into the look and the music etc. not the far right bollox.
    Too true. I know mates from the eighties, very much into the music, and the scooters, to this day. Great guys, and no time for racists. Any thug can buy a clippers. Won't know the music though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dpra

Good mates with these people and if some people had any clue about the skinhead culture in Ireland they would realise that skinheads aren't racist cmob like they listen to reggae wouldn't make any sense. People putting stereo types on people they don't know that are completely wrong. If u had ever talked to one you would know they wear patches saying skin heads against racial prejudice. Know the facts before you accuse

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

I saw four skins yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Cdemess

Head lice sucks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

I know a couple of them. They're big into the ska and grand lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭dzilla

Seen them around, its a good look.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

SKA music is some of the best music there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,410 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

biko wrote: »
    SKA music is some of the best music there is.

...said nobody ever. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bev11

I'm a part of this group. No, we are not neo-nazis or racist, there's no tolerance for any of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bev11

Hodger wrote: »
    Never heard them talk or ever spoke to them I cant comment about their accents' no idea if they have tattoos or not their appears to be few girls that hang with them one of them is very distinct looking.

Distinct in what sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,736 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Give them curtains a good old twitching.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

jimbojazz wrote: »
    I saw four skins yesterday

I see what you did there...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

o1s1n wrote: »
    Not all skinheads are Nazis but a large proportion of Nazis are skinheads.

I was always confused by that given that the Nazis never shaved their heads and didnt listen to punk music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭skaface

Great to see the younger lads getting back into the scene.. I'm a skin,late 40's.. have a scooter and love the music and fashion.. Always has been a strong Mod /Skin scene in Waterford City and County, lots of the football lads into it also.. KTF.

Advertisement