Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bargain Alerts - Lego

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Lots of sets reduced in Argos, dont know about stock levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

Amazing prices on some sets have reserved a load to build during next lockdown with the kids. Do a search on HUKD.com for Lego to find them. Some don't show as a reduction on the Argos website and are just listed at the lower price. Rough Crane for € 121!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

g0g wrote: »
    Amazing prices on some sets have reserved a load to build during next lockdown with the kids. Do a search on HUKD.com for Lego to find them. Some don't show as a reduction on the Argos website and are just listed at the lower price. Rough Crane for € 121!!!

No stock anywhere though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

71708 NINJAGO Gamer's Market Amazon at £15 (RRP 30) - this is my 2nd set i love this:pac:

Argos 18e also

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

bennyx_o wrote: »
    No stock anywhere though :(

It is available in Childers road in Limerick (Not before xmas though)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

seraphimvc wrote: »
    71708 NINJAGO Gamer's Market at £15 (RRP 30) - this is my 2nd set i love this:pac:

Have it reserved in Ashbourne I shall collect it later

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Have it reserved in Ashbourne I shall collect it later

added argos to my post aha (ye amazon is doing price matching)

so the real sales has begun ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

Took a spin to Arklow to pick up 4x4 Off-roader, Ironman art, Sith TIE Fighter and Rocket Launch Control. All grand. Also reserved and collected Rough Terrain Crane. Was really looking forward to that as it's probably the bargain of the bunch. Picked it up and felt WAY too light and had clearly been opened. Asked could I inspect and turns out at least the instructions were missing and god only knows how much else. Weird as the other bags were sealed. Anyways happy enough with the haul as can build with kids during next lockdown! Maybe some might come into stock next couple of days if not all reservations are collected.

Picked up 2 of the ninjago sets 5.44 sets and Gamer's Market and lego DC batman mobile bat base today. I have a good few more reserved a silly amount I will decide tonight what to get. Lego ninjago land bounty but already have it just a v good price at moment, have the ninjago skull sorcerers dragon reserved not sure on that and downtown fire brigade. Not sure on them 3 as all add up. Other sets about 100 between them to collect. Reserved tie fighter in portlaoise also will see if my friend can collect it tomorrow as really want that but none near me to collect. Mad drop in prices on them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

If anyone wanted to buy three of the Sith Mosaic sets to make the big Darth Vader, now is the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Rhyme wrote: »
    If anyone wanted to buy three of the Sith Mosaic sets to make the big Darth Vader, now is the time.

Stock gone. Good to see these discounted heavily so early. Just need to be patient and you'll get them @50% at some stage again

Stock gone. Good to see these discounted heavily so early. Just need to be patient and you'll get them @50% at some stage again

I'm seeing stock that can be ordered in for after Christmas in some of the Dublin City Argos branches. I know not helpful for those at the other end of the country eg. most of my family.

Rhyme wrote: »
    I'm seeing stock that can be ordered in for after Christmas in some of the Dublin City Argos branches. I know not helpful for those at the other end of the country eg. most of my family.

It'st he same for the Rough Terrain Crane but when you go to reserve you get the standard blank email with no reservation code

It'st he same for the Rough Terrain Crane but when you go to reserve you get the standard blank email with no reservation code

Even if you put in a phone number for a text alert?

Frustrating though I'm sure there are a pile of people in the same boat as these sorts of discounts don't come around that often. If the discounts are still there at the end of December I'll pounce then as I'm not coming into the city between Christmas and New Year.

Yeah, tried with a phone number. Been after 2 sets for a while and got one this morning but no luck on the Crane :(

Yeah, tried with a phone number. Been after 2 sets for a while and got one this morning but no luck on the Crane :(

It's like that most sets now will show in stock coming soon but when you bother nothing there. Ha you don't see smyths dropping their prices to match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Argos have supply chain issues. Stock not scanned in warehouses yet meaning we get blank emails without codes even though the shop will get the item eventually. Its a balls but we have to keep trying i guess

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

madalig12 wrote: »
    Argos have supply chain issues. Stock not scanned in warehouses yet meaning we get blank emails without codes even though the shop will get the item eventually. Its a balls but we have to keep trying i guess

Don't forget theres a whole bunch of Argos stores in the UK closing that could have an affect on the supply chain too

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Maddylicious

Thought there would be some sales on today but can’t find any. Anyone else have better luck?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭ec18

did anyone get a reservation code from Argos?

• Advertisement

ec18 wrote: »
    For?

I got lego 60245 reduced down from 50 to 21.18 in argos. Good value bought 2 of them yesterday in swords store. Already had it once when it was down to 24 in argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

ec18 wrote: »

I just got a blank reservation for the crane after I ordered it, I thought it was to good to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭ec18

For?

Any of the lego sets ordered for collection in january?

I didn't anyway - was after the Rough Terrain Crane but looks to be OOS across both Ireland & the UK

Lego 70830 in smyths down to 25 its the lego movie 2 set, sweet mayhem's starship. Free home delivery as well on it as over 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭theliam

I didn't anyway - was after the Rough Terrain Crane but looks to be OOS across both Ireland & the UK

I'm selling one that I got in October to build during lockdown - https://www.adverts.ie/lego-building-toys/lego-technic-42082-off-road-crane/22921594

https://www.amazon.es/dp/B082N332HB

razor crest is 115euro at amazon.es (not sure about delivery) but ye maybe could be useful for those who have been wanting it but keep getting out of stock at official ha

Seems like a very good offer on Eason's website. Have it already but ordered it again there. Its free postage also.

• Advertisement

On zavvi.com its 2.99 postage on top of the price as well.

Advertisement