Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WWE TLC 2020 (Contains Spoilers)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,759 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yawn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Smacruairi

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Yawn

Like why do they always ruin their own surprises. She looks in great shape though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'm aware that it's a weird observation but I think Charlotte got a boob reduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Reigns power bombs KO onto a Ladder - Cole decides to shout “SPINEBUSTER THROUGH THE TABLE”

Chap can’t even call a simple move!

Great match

Love this Roman Reigns, what could of been if they had done his character earlier

Was just about to tune out but the Fiend vs Orton is still to come

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,964 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Asuka2Belts

Reigns Owens match should have been the main event closer

You win if you set your opponent on fire

Guess its jail time for the winner but this is wrestling so they both be grand

This match is missing Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

At least it's not a cinematic match

That was pretty insane, Orton should be jailed for that

That was not PG, is this the start of Raw x rated ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Always_Running

EpuyV_6XUAErm7U?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Looking at some of the gifs of the inferno match. The descent into latter day WCW continues.

Randy setting fire to a cheesy looking dummy of Bray Wyatt, the guy who already wears a cheesy looking mask.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Looking at some of the gifs of the inferno match. The descent into latter day WCW continues.

Randy setting fire to a cheesy looking dummy of Bray Wyatt, the guy who already wears a cheesy looking mask.

Like when Vampiro set Sting on fire! Although in fairness to WCW that looked better than dummy Wyatt being set alight.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Well, against better my own better judgment, I was awake last night and flicked TLC.

As a whole it wasnt a bad PPV, but the usual WWE problems persist.

The opener WWE title match was good/ The addition of The Miz was a good way to use MITB cash in, but the drama was low as I never really expected AJ or Miz to unseat Drew.

Mens Tag match was good and I am liking where they are going with Cedric. Shades of Rock in the Nation but on a much small scale.

Womens match was ok, Carmella hasnt been built up enough and her feud with Sasha has been rushed. Back she goes into the pile. Ive no problem with the pushing Carmella, but her new persona is too fresh to be catapulted into the womens title picture without winning. Silly booking.

The Womens tag team match / Raw title scene is garbage. Firstly why book Lana to be destroyed each week only to go AWOL when she gets a chance for vengeance. Yes they might pick this story up later, but it just felt like a waste of time at this point.

Then you wheel out Charlotte and present her as a face. Shes a natural heel and no one cheers her, why place her in this spot. WWEs obsession with ramming her down our throat (like they do with all their prize pigs) rarely works. Charlotte is a star, but shes not a top face and fans wont accept her as such.

Roman vs Owens, like Drew vs AJ was a dead cert Roman win and thus the drama was absent. However, the booking was better and was nice seeing Roman throw Owens around. That said, Owens shouldnt be making a comeback after all that. I would rather Reigns just crush Owens.

Ah Orton v Wyatt. I dont hate the hokey Wyatt stuff as a much as most, i can see the value in the character in the same way WWE presented Taker in 93-95. Im sure kids eat this stuff up..... problem is, do many kids watch WWE much ? And if their parents do let them watch, they wont be happy with Randy going full homicidal arsonist at the end. My daughter certainly wont be watching that.

Adults do want garbage fire and arsonist bollox, so who is this for? Who does the Wyatt Orton feud appeal to? Its not aimed at kids, its not working for adults? Its just a another huge mis-step for WWE. I stopped caring about Wyatt ages ago but I can see how his character would work with a younger audience..... but not now. It jumped the shark massively here (if it had not already jumped it for others). Pull the plug now.

WWE PPV's remind me WWE have very talented wrestlers but they are guided by an over produced, out of touch creative team that devalue any work the talent are capable of. With AEW breathing down WWEs neck, WWE need to sort their **** out if they hope to compete product wise with AEW.

EpuyV_6XUAErm7U?format=jpg&name=900x900

He can teleport or something now. Bray has the power to switch out of the fiends soul at any time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Well, against better my own better judgment, I was awake last night and flicked TLC.

As a whole it wasnt a bad PPV, but the usual WWE problems persist.

The opener WWE title match was good/ The addition of The Miz was a good way to use MITB cash in, but the drama was low as I never really expected AJ or Miz to unseat Drew.

Mens Tag match was good and I am liking where they are going with Cedric. Shades of Rock in the Nation but on a much small scale.

Womens match was ok, Carmella hasnt been built up enough and her feud with Sasha has been rushed. Back she goes into the pile. Ive no problem with the pushing Carmella, but her new persona is too fresh to be catapulted into the womens title picture without winning. Silly booking.

The Womens tag team match / Raw title scene is garbage. Firstly why book Lana to be destroyed each week only to go AWOL when she gets a chance for vengeance. Yes they might pick this story up later, but it just felt like a waste of time at this point.

Then you wheel out Charlotte and present her as a face. Shes a natural heel and no one cheers her, why place her in this spot. WWEs obsession with ramming her down our throat (like they do with all their prize pigs) rarely works. Charlotte is a star, but shes not a top face and fans wont accept her as such.

Roman vs Owens, like Drew vs AJ was a dead cert Roman win and thus the drama was absent. However, the booking was better and was nice seeing Roman throw Owens around. That said, Owens shouldnt be making a comeback after all that. I would rather Reigns just crush Owens.

Ah Orton v Wyatt. I dont hate the hokey Wyatt stuff as a much as most, i can see the value in the character in the same way WWE presented Taker in 93-95. Im sure kids eat this stuff up..... problem is, do many kids watch WWE much ? And if their parents do let them watch, they wont be happy with Randy going full homicidal arsonist at the end. My daughter certainly wont be watching that.

Adults do want garbage fire and arsonist bollox, so who is this for? Who does the Wyatt Orton feud appeal to? Its not aimed at kids, its not working for adults? Its just a another huge mis-step for WWE. I stopped caring about Wyatt ages ago but I can see how his character would work with a younger audience..... but not now. It jumped the shark massively here (if it had not already jumped it for others). Pull the plug now.

WWE PPV's remind me WWE have very talented wrestlers but they are guided by an over produced, out of touch creative team that devalue any work the talent are capable of. With AEW breathing down WWEs neck, WWE need to sort their **** out if they hope to compete product wise with AEW.

The problem is that kids most certainly do not watch WWE at anywhere near the levels they used to. They aren't making new fans and the core pro wrestling audience (males 18-49, and worse, males 18-34 are way down too).

The problem is that kids most certainly do not watch WWE at anywhere near the levels they used to. They aren't making new fans and the core pro wrestling audience (males 18-49, and worse, males 18-34 are way down too).

Parents on the whole will steeŕ kids away from violent programming. And WWE, especially last nights closing match, will do zero for them when it comes to kids. Would any patent want their kid watching 2 men set eachother on fire?

Stupid stipulation, stupid booking and I fail to see what taht type of match or feud will accomplish long term.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    very good match

another unsuccessful MITB cash in, sneaky by Miz all the same

Wonder what next for Drew ?

Drew I imagine will keep spinning the wheels until Mania.

waste of a MITB, they butchered the booking of one MITB twice in the one year, which is impressive going.

Tag match was very good, delighted Cedric is being given time to shine. The hurt business has been the best thing about Raw 2020.

Loughc wrote: »
    Drew I imagine will keep spinning the wheels until Mania.

waste of a MITB, they butchered the booking of one MITB twice in the one year, which is impressive going.

Tag match was very good, delighted Cedric is being given time to shine. The hurt business has been the best thing about Raw 2020.

The Hurt Business had zero expectations. Bobby is a goon, Shelton still can go in ring but hes no personality but MVP has elevated both. Hes been a great mid card mouthpiece.

Cedric is the breakout though. Personality is really showing since turning and the man is so smooth in the ring.

But it says it all when aan above average mid card act is the best thing on Raw.

The MITB booking always had a shelf life and the gimmick isnt hot at all anymore. They should just end it and bring it in when they have a new up and comer they wanna push. Each year they shoe horn it on to someone who doesnt need it or someone who isnt ready.

Im well over the gimmick since Ziggler. Thats 7 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,792 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's Miz's own fault. Can kind of understand guys in a long match climbing the ladder slowly but Miz just arrived and he took his time. As if he hasn't seen or been in enough ladder matches to know how quickly people come back to knock someone off the ladder.
    AJ's bodyguard was quite useless. He didn't stop Drew from climbing before Miz came out.
    Miz shold dispute tat he cashed in the MitB case as it was actually Morrison who handed the case over.

As for the Charlotte return, I don't care. She was everywhere before she went out, didn't really care she was gone and now she's back and how long until she gets her multiple title matches until she wins? Was she written off in anyway or just disappear?

Nice to see Randy has been caught on camera committing homicide. though for someone on fire, Bray was very still.

• Advertisement

Remember the bit when the active fiend was on fire and still attacking Orton

A bit of a mess up for wwe especially for the younger audience. Parents have no right to be happy after that

• Registered Users Posts: 28,792 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Randy just taking the advice of the song
    "We'll make a bonfire of our troubles and we'll watch them blaze away"

• Registered Users Posts: 60,279 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

How many times has Randy burned Bray alive now?

Twice?

He burned the Wyatt compound down a few years ago as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Whatever about the main event but it's a great photo...

82mftr44jg661.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Why would Orton Wyatt headline this PPV? Is this ridiculous feud meant to take precedence over both world titles?

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Why would Orton Wyatt headline this PPV? Is this ridiculous feud meant to take precedence over both world titles?

It main evented due to the nature of the finish.

In McMahon's eyes its 1994 Undertaker big.

That finish was ok when a your world Champ was in the match and be your audience is mainly younger fans.

But WWE are not creating young fans and the violence displayed will ensure the young fans they have will not be watching wwe anymore.

The Fiend is too scary and violent for kids..... too lame and hokey for adults.

Who the fcuk is he aimed at?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Like, I'll be honest, seeing Randy set Bray on fire looks wicked as ****, and catches my attention as someone who has lapsed out a bit in recent months. That ending is awesome and attention grabbing...

• Registered Users Posts: 60,279 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So Randy Orton murdered Bray Wyatt by burning him alive on a live PPV and he hasn't been arrested yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Who the fcuk is he aimed at?

The WWE Universe ™

• Advertisement

So Randy Orton murdered Bray Wyatt by burning him alive on a live PPV and he hasn't been arrested yet.

Ah but the fiend isnt a natural living person

Im half expecting Human Bray Wyatt to pop up on Raw untouched with a few fire puns

Advertisement