Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High end hifi lot - Seeking sale advice

• 02-09-2020 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi all,

Apologies if this is not the right forum. My father was a collector of high end hifi all his life and recently passed.

I was hoping to sell as part of a lot but there appears to be no such buyer in Ireland. There is in the UK and 2ndhandhifi.co.uk has expressed interest but with Covid that will prove difficult.

I haven't had a chance to log all makes, models and serials but have uploaded photos to https://tinyviking.ie/galleries/gallery/202009-HifiSeparates/public/

Are any of you aware of any potential Irish buyers of such pieces?

Phil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,482 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Some very nice items there.
    Lucky you, if that lt had been left to me I think I would keep most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭endacl

You could try Cloney in Blackrock. They sell 2nd hand equipment that they take as trade-ins. I'm sure they'd be interested in selling for commission.

If you like talk radio you should definitely hang on to one of those Tivoli units BTW. You wouldn't get much for it second hand as their pretty affordable anyway.

Some lovely kit there.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 philroche

endacl wrote: »
    You could try Cloney in Blackrock. They sell 2nd hand equipment that they take as trade-ins. I'm sure they'd be interested in selling for commission.

If you like talk radio you should definitely hang on to one of those Tivoli units BTW. You wouldn't get much for it second hand as their pretty affordable anyway.

Some lovely kit there.

Thanks. I tried Cloney but they won't take anything unless it is trade in. I believe some of it is actually from Cloney too.

The tivoli are nice and will probably keep one.

vectra wrote: »
    Some very nice items there.
    Lucky you, if that lt had been left to me I think I would keep most of it.

I'd love to. Nowhere really suitable to keep it and I'm sure the kids would destroy it. I'd prefer it to go to a good home over that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

philroche wrote: »
    Hi all,

Apologies if this is not the right forum. My father was a collector of high end hifi all his life and recently passed.

I was hoping to sell as part of a lot but there appears to be no such buyer in Ireland. There is in the UK and 2ndhandhifi.co.uk has expressed interest but with Covid that will prove difficult.

I haven't had a chance to log all makes, models and serials but have uploaded photos to https://tinyviking.ie/galleries/gallery/202009-HifiSeparates/public/

Are any of you aware of any potential Irish buyers of such pieces?

Phil

The lads on the richersounds forum here sometimes give people a hand with selling well looked after high end stuff. You could start to sell some of the smaller pieces on adverts and eBay or something?

Do you have a list of items with asking prices?

• Advertisement

griffdaddy wrote: »
    The lads on the richersounds forum here sometimes give people a hand with selling well looked after high end stuff. You could start to sell some of the smaller pieces on adverts and eBay or something?

Do you have a list of items with asking prices?

I'll be compiling a list soon with prices based on completed sales on ebay. I'd be very wary in shipping any of it though, especially the valve amps.

philroche wrote: »
    I'll be compiling a list soon with prices based on completed sales on ebay. I'd be very wary in shipping any of it though, especially the valve amps.

I wouldn't blame you there. Those items are valuable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Yeah I'd mark the valve amps Collection Only. They'd be more likely to get damaged than not.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mr puddle

If you try tirnahifi.org they are a Irish site for Hi fi ..it has a classified section too . A lot of hi fi is bought and sold on it. You would need a list of the manufacture and models of the items you have , also lenght of cables.
    If you have the first bit of the Naim and Quad serial numbers it just gives an idea of the date of manufacture.

mr puddle wrote: »
    If you try tirnahifi.org they are a Irish site for Hi fi ..it has a classified section too . A lot of hi fi is bought and sold on it. You would need a list of the manufacture and models of the items you have , also lenght of cables.
    If you have the first bit of the Naim and Quad serial numbers it just gives an idea of the date of manufacture.

Great thanks. The hifi is the other side of the country but I'll try get a list together soon.

Thank you all for your tips.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Hi,

Condolences on your loss, the tidying up of a life passed is never an easy thing to undertake.

Just for housekeeping, I’ve deleted your posts in the Sale Notification thread - your query was much better located here and happily you’ve got some good pointers to help you dispose of the hifi kit.

I’ve also adjusted the title of your thread - offering items for sale on these forums is not allowed and it’s better not to create a mistaken impression, so this is just for clarity.

/Mod Hat Off

I would endorse the suggestion to try tirnahifi - it’s a community very suited to the kind of equipment in question.

Thanks.

Thank you. I'll post on tirnahifi once I have a complete list

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

sorry for bumping, but does anyone know if tirnahifi.org is still live? i'm getting an error when i go there.

sorry for bumping, but does anyone know if tirnahifi.org is still live? i'm getting an error when i go there.

Working for me.
    I just googled tirnahifi and it came up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

cheers - looks like the link to the forums works (https://tirnahifi.org/forum/) but if i just go to tirnahifi.org, it fails

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Only seen this thread today, and I would be very interested in giving some of that kit a very good home.

.... if it's not too late.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Hi Hamsterchops,

sales on this forum ( and across Boards generally ) are not permitted, the OP posted about this kit on www.tirnahifi.org/forum, you can check it out there.

All,

I’m closing this thread as it has served it’s useful purpose.

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Thanks, will check it out ✓

• Site Banned Posts: 113 ✭✭Dunfyy

Make sure your address does not become known in your ad or some one will break in your better selling in pieces one at a time

Advertisement